Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 429

Thread: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

  1. #241
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The Left tends to be split on the defense of minorities, but it's hard to deny the voice of minorities is usually best represented by the Left (but certainly not always). For all of the populist rhetoric of the Left, there's still enough consciousness of minority status to merit a description of the Left as a somewhat loose connection of minority groups with mass appeal.
    The, "voice", of minorities? They try and, "speak for", minorities, but the Libbos are far from being their voice. I have a hard time believing that people like Joe, "Put y'all back in chains", Biden are being the voice of minorities. Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson? Thos clowns are the worst thing that ever happened to the black community in America.

    Libbos are nothing more than fear mongers, who attempt to convince minorities that without them, it would be the second coming of The Holocaust. It's disgusting to try to take advantage of people that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #242
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The, "voice", of minorities? They try and, "speak for", minorities, but the Libbos are far from being their voice. I have a hard time believing that people like Joe, "Put y'all back in chains", Biden are being the voice of minorities. Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson? Thos clowns are the worst thing that ever happened to the black community in America.

    Libbos are nothing more than fear mongers, who attempt to convince minorities that without them, it would be the second coming of The Holocaust. It's disgusting to try to take advantage of people that way.
    Does Jesse Jackson best represent the numerous groups out there, or does it just make for a convenient symbol for you?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #243
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Does Jesse Jackson best represent the numerous groups out there, or does it just make for a convenient symbol for you?
    Is is recognized as a, "leader", of the black community by the Libbos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #244
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is is recognized as a, "leader", of the black community by the Libbos?
    He is, but it's not like I can also suggest that Jesse Jackson is thus the Left's view of minorities. There's a lot more out there than one man.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #245
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    It seems that this ruling has potentially already had some of the negative effects that we have feared.

    Two Hours After The Supreme Court Gutted The Voting Rights Act, Texas AG Suppresses Minority Voters | ThinkProgress

    "Texas is already advancing a voter ID law and a redistricting map blocked last year for discriminating against black and Latino residents."

    In the case of the new electoral map , a panel of federal judges found that “substantial surgery” was done to predominantly black districts, cutting off representatives’ offices from their strongest fundraising bases. Meanwhile, white Congress members’ districts were either preserved or “redrawn to include particular country clubs and, in one case, the school belonging to the incumbent’s grandchildren.”
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #246
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    He is, but it's not like I can also suggest that Jesse Jackson is thus the Left's view of minorities. There's a lot more out there than one man.
    It's near impossible to suggest otherwise. I doubt you could find any evidence showing that the Left's view of minorities and Jackson's view of minorities differ. The Liberals on this thread confirm what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #247
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,597

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    It seems that this ruling has potentially already had some of the negative effects that we have feared.

    Two Hours After The Supreme Court Gutted The Voting Rights Act, Texas AG Suppresses Minority Voters | ThinkProgress

    "Texas is already advancing a voter ID law and a redistricting map blocked last year for discriminating against black and Latino residents."
    How is that a negative effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #248
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How is that a negative effect?
    So you are saying that enacting a voter ID law and redistricting a map to discriminate against people of color is positive?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It is a document in proof that i am a real christian, that is to say a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus"--Thomas Jefferson letter to Charles Thomson, January 9, 1816" ---- "When the Son of Man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory-- from the Jefferson Bible"
    saw that one too, but I especially liked his desire to separate church and state ...

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: US Supreme Court strikes down voting rights act clause

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is is recognized as a, "leader", of the black community by the Libbos?
    How often have you heard from Jackson in the past 5-6 years? the guy has all but disappeared from the public stage ... no longer seen as much of a leader ...

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •