Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 184

Thread: IRS targeting included liberal groups

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    *Scratches head, then shakes it in disgust*

    Are you kidding here? Is it a crime to be in opposition to Obama policies?
    Relax, just a theory ... I got the idea from you guys ... Blacks get stopped by police more often than whites for drug searches, yet whites are more likely to have drugs (proportionately - I got one con saying, "Of course, there are more whites." So, proportionately, i.e., relative to their numbers.)

  2. #152
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Relax, just a theory ... I got the idea from you guys ... Blacks get stopped by police more often than whites for drug searches, yet whites are more likely to have drugs (proportionately - I got one con saying, "Of course, there are more whites." So, proportionately, i.e., relative to their numbers.)
    What you are saying here I don't think you could back up with credible stats, but beyond that, to derail the thread so that you can claim that those in opposition to Obama are just racists, or uneducated boobs, is dishonest...Come on back when you truly want to discuss these things, short of that, your tact is a dime a dozen, and over played.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #153
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What you are saying here I don't think you could back up with credible stats, but beyond that, to derail the thread so that you can claim that those in opposition to Obama are just racists, or uneducated boobs, is dishonest...Come on back when you truly want to discuss these things, short of that, your tact is a dime a dozen, and over played.
    I don't want to derail the thread, but thought you might be interested in some stats

    http://www.sentencingproject.org/doc...ing_review.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #154
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread, but thought you might be interested in some stats

    http://www.sentencingproject.org/doc...ing_review.pdf
    There is work to do in sentencing disparity, however, that is a different topic. Many possibilities exist outside racism for this. If you wish to discuss these things, start another thread.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What you are saying here I don't think you could back up with credible stats, but beyond that, to derail the thread so that you can claim that those in opposition to Obama are just racists, or uneducated boobs, is dishonest...Come on back when you truly want to discuss these things, short of that, your tact is a dime a dozen, and over played.
    you really do bore me sometimes ... we joke about you cons having a playbook, but I swear, sometimes I really do think there is a playbook ... there are those who are opposed to Obama principally because (a good part of the GOP House I believe), or the nature of their opposition is enhanced by the fact that, he's black, but that's not true of everyone, perhaps not even most, although the ones who are come across as uneducated boobs -- that's what racism does to you ... BUT, having said that, that was not what I was posting this time ... it was more subtle than that and I'm sorry you missed it ... and I did go back and forth with a poster on the "proportionately" thing ... just a fact ...

  6. #156
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    you really do bore me sometimes ... we joke about you cons having a playbook, but I swear, sometimes I really do think there is a playbook ... there are those who are opposed to Obama principally because (a good part of the GOP House I believe), or the nature of their opposition is enhanced by the fact that, he's black, but that's not true of everyone, perhaps not even most, although the ones who are come across as uneducated boobs -- that's what racism does to you ... BUT, having said that, that was not what I was posting this time ... it was more subtle than that and I'm sorry you missed it ... and I did go back and forth with a poster on the "proportionately" thing ... just a fact ...
    Bore you? pfft. Yeah right.... You angry little Che T-shirt wearing, Obama blind supporters that come out here with hatred for anyone that disagrees with your world view are just worthless. You all sound alike, and the clinical projection is just too much to take....Go educate yourself in something other than 17th century lesbian poetry, and useless basket weaving then get ahold of me in 20 years or so when you get some smarts.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread, but thought you might be interested in some stats

    http://www.sentencingproject.org/doc...ing_review.pdf
    Its a flawed study that didn't take in many considerations that skew the results like repeat offenders receiving harsher sentencing and the majority of repeat offenders are minorities
    Last edited by trfjr; 08-05-13 at 10:12 AM.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    you really do bore me sometimes ... we joke about you cons having a playbook, but I swear, sometimes I really do think there is a playbook ... there are those who are opposed to Obama principally because (a good part of the GOP House I believe), or the nature of their opposition is enhanced by the fact that, he's black, but that's not true of everyone, perhaps not even most, although the ones who are come across as uneducated boobs -- that's what racism does to you ... BUT, having said that, that was not what I was posting this time ... it was more subtle than that and I'm sorry you missed it ... and I did go back and forth with a poster on the "proportionately" thing ... just a fact ...

    back to the topic at hand
    nice try to distract from the debunked claim that progressive groups where equally targeted or even targeted at all
    the numbers are so low it could just be chalked up as a coincidence

    7-30-13-irs-targeting-statistics-of-files-produced-by-irs-through-july-29-2-_wide-4a94ba3402b5f5.jpg

  9. #159
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Its a flawed study that didn't take in many considerations that skew the results like repeat offenders receiving harsher sentencing and the majority of repeat offenders are minorities
    You obviously didn't read it. It's not "a study"

    It's a report that discusses the finding of numerous studies, some of which take into account the prior history of the sentenced person
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #160
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    IRS targeting included liberal groups - CNN.com

    The Internal Revenue Service targeted liberal groups as well as conservatives seeking tax-exempt status, a Democratic congressman charged on Monday after the agency acknowledged the inappropriate practice continued until last month.

    Rep. Sander Levin said the term "progressives" was included on IRS screening lists of applicants for tax-exempt status made available to Congress on Monday.
    It was the first confirmation that the "Be on the Lookout" or BOLO lists used criteria targeting liberal groups after an inspector general's report made public last month said the IRS had used words such as "tea party" to determine possible extra scrutiny.


    Can we finally stop pretending that the IRS "scandal" is actually a scandal? The IRS gave extra scrutiny to political groups applying for 501c(4) status. Political groups should be 527's, not 501c's. What we've dealt with so far is a concerted effort by Republicans to selectively release information, giving the appearance of a scandal.
    *sigh*

    The approval for liberal groups came much quicker than for any of the conservative groups. THAT's the scandal.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •