Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 184

Thread: IRS targeting included liberal groups

  1. #121
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There was a DOMA list that included " progressive" and " Occupy " but Washington was the one who held back Conservative 501s for further " review", not low level agents in Cinci.
    Please provide some substantiation for this claim.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #122
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Please provide some substantiation for this claim.
    Why, none of you have.

    Your'e going to continue to ignore the blatant discrepencies and contradictions that the IRS has produced since Lois Lerner planted the question that revealed all of this.

    You'll ignore something that if happened under a Republica. President would have resulted in his removal by now.

    The hypocrisy is just astounding.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Why, none of you have.
    lol, you're the one making the claim, not me. I don't have to provide anything. You claimed that "Washington was the one who held back Conservative 501's". Provide some support for your claim.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  4. #124
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii
    Communique;1061976527
    lol, you're the one making the claim, not me. I don't have to provide anything. You claimed that "Washington was the one who held back Conservative 501's". Provide some support for your claim.
    Just think, if the Democrats had the House, Benghazi would be about a " video" and the IRS scandal would have been about a couple of nameless, faceless front line employees in Cinci, that were fired immediately ( but never were ).

    Sorry, the left lies.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Okay, so you have no support for your claim, or you aren't willing to provide it and support your argument, so you really have no basis on which to argue anything in this thread.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There was a DOMA list that included " progressive" and " Occupy " but Washington was the one who held back Conservative 501s for further " review", not low level agents in Cinci.
    Somebody watches too much Fox News.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Somebody watches too much Fox News.

    Actually the documents that show the IRS rushed through Progressive groups while it sent Conservative groups off to Washington was in the weekly standard.

    I havn't watched Fox in a few weeks so I don't know if theyv'e mentioned it or not.

    Regardless, you'll stick to the claims of a Govt agency who's investigating...itself.

    I'll just continue to point out the contradictions.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your concern regarding PACs skirting tax law is a bit insincere.

    Did it take the illegal release of confidential donors list and the harassment of groups you oppose on a ideological level to peak your interest or has this always been a concern of yours ?
    Anyone violating the law to corrupt my government has always been my concern.

    Now tell me, has it always been a concern of yours to defend groups who attempt to break the law?

    Sounds like your'e just trying to defend the undefensable to me and prior to the IRS getting popped for targeting groups based on their beliefs you really could have cared less.
    If they had been targeting ANY groups in the same manner, I'd feel the exact same way. Unlike you, I'm not a blind party supporter.

    Just as long as Democrats got elected.
    I'm not a Democrat. It seems as if I've told you this multiple times.

    Well they were elected and now we're paying for it with multiple scandals
    Except they are not really scandals, as the facts are constantly show. Good try though.

    I can't figure out what your'e so proud about.
    That fact I'm not so blinded with hatred as you are is a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    It's the only damn 501c4 group to be denied. There aren't any others. I'm sure 2+2=4 would be a talking point if a republican said it was five.

    Not that any facts, reality, or critical thinking will ever permeate your bubble.
    Nothing ever does. He's completely blinded with hatred and no amount of facts and truth will ever change it. Or, and this is more likely, he's just a troll.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So you think those right wing groups would have helped with Romney's campaign?

    Thanks for admitting that the IRS was right for investigating those groups.
    They'll never understand the ridiculousness you rightly pointed out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I'm not sure there's any amount of mental gymnastics that can possibly justify the idea that political spending by conservatives was in some way impeded.
    They're not interested in truth, they're only interested in feeling persecuted. It's quite an amazing phenomenon really.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Okay, so you have no support for your claim, or you aren't willing to provide it and support your argument, so you really have no basis on which to argue anything in this thread.
    the support to that claim has been posted in this thread at least twice I know because im the one who posted them. But because it debunks your argument it is quickly ignored so i will post it again

    A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) groups are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off ”to Group 7822″ for further scrutiny.

    That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not.
    'Lookout List' Not Much Broader Than Originally Thought, Contrary to Reports | National Review Online

    so go ahead ignore it for the 3rd time it is the only way you think you can win an argument is to ignore the facts

    so the ball is back in your court there is the support to the claim now it is up to you to disprove the claim that i just gave

  10. #130
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: IRS targeting included liberal groups

    Actually the documents that show the IRS rushed through Progressive groups while it sent Conservative groups off to Washington was in the weekly standard.
    What documents?

    so go ahead ignore it for the 3rd time it is the only way you think you can win an argument is to ignore the facts
    I didn't ignore it in fact I addressed the NR article and its cited source directly.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •