Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 221

Thread: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    why then did you add race to your argument if a black kid has the same advantage as a white kid in a rural area race had nothing to do with it
    The law is to benefit rural whites. It does what it was designed to. The op is about race. Rural whites benefit from our college admissions.

  2. #52
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Graduation rate. UT has a good graduation rate. About half of all admissions graduate in 4 years.
    That is not "good", it is below average for top universities, since many more are taking 5 and 6 years to graduate.

    http://www.utexas.edu/graduation-rat...RAD-REPORT.pdf
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #53
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Base on your post, it appears affirmative action in admissions has increased the number of "minorities" accepted into UT. Is that diversity reflected in the graduation rates.

    Meaning are those minorities who receive special preference for admission actually completing their college education and graduating?
    I don't know, perhaps this link will help:

    http://www.utexas.edu/graduation-rat...RAD-REPORT.pdf
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    The law is to benefit rural whites. It does what it was designed to. The op is about race. Rural whites benefit from our college admissions.
    why does it only benefit rural whites? doesn't it also benefit rural blacks?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because standardized testing is bull****.
    I believe you say this because you know that when the playing field is level, even fewer blacks will be admitted. It is sad when one race cannot compete without being given an advantage they did not earn.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is not "good", it is below average for top universities, since many more are taking 5 and 6 years to graduate.

    http://www.utexas.edu/graduation-rat...RAD-REPORT.pdf
    Its pretty par for the course. UT is a great school.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    why does it only benefit rural whites? doesn't it also benefit rural blacks?
    It doesnt just benefit whites. It is just most of the people who benefit are white. Rural Tx is mostly white.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    I would make a Texas crack, but UTA has a pretty respectable business school. It's not U of M (then again, not many are) but it's still pretty respectable.

    I can understand why she may think that her race is a negative factor, but she has one thing going for her - vagina.

    You want to talk about getting dicked over by AA? Be a white male.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,320

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Yes it is wrong.


    The reason is to battle the long term effects of institutional racism that were built into our laws and culture after hundreds if years of slavery then Jim Crow.
    With a Democrat President and Senate we're losing that fight.

    Most of the idiots running around wearing their bed sheets for hats were Democrats.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Supreme Court punts on affirmative action case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I would make a Texas crack, but UTA has a pretty respectable business school. It's not U of M (then again, not many are) but it's still pretty respectable.

    I can understand why she may think that her race is a negative factor, but she has one thing going for her - vagina.

    You want to talk about getting dicked over by AA? Be a white male.
    Oh please. AA doesnt dick over white males. If you have the grades and skills you will get admission.

    Marginal white students who used to get in when they didnt deserve to no longer do. Those people are complaining.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •