Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,777

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    There are reasonable assumptions, and unreasonable ones. It is reasonable to assume that if armed citizens had been present a crime might have been stopped. And then there's Tererun...
    Tererun didn't assume anything. An armed citizen did not stop this crime.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yet again another shooter on a rampage in a pro-gun area, right outside of one of a place that sells guns and ammo and the police do their job and save the day and not the gun owners who claim their guns are for protection from violent criminals like this. yet another of many cases where gun ownership doesn't make anything safer because it is better to run away than to engage, unless you are the criminal shooter.
    Did you bother to find out if either location had gun-buster signs posted? Because gun-buster signs have force-of-law in NC. You can't fault gun ownership if the public was prevented from having a gun at those locations.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-21-13 at 11:19 PM.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Maybe it's just me but if I'm in the vicinity of someone shooting my first priority is going to be the safety of my family and myself which means that unless the guy is shooting at me or I have a clear shot AFTER everyone in my immediate area is safe then someone else is going to have to take him out.
    I don't worry about myself....I engage the target. He can't shoot you if he's dead.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Tererun didn't assume anything. An armed citizen did not stop this crime.
    The cop wasn't a US citizen?

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,777

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The cop wasn't a US citizen?
    Are you seriously not understanding what I meant or just pretending not to understand what I meant?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    A man with a shotgun wounded one person outside a Greenville, N.C., law firm on Friday before crossing a busy street and shooting three more people in a Walmart parking lot, police and witnesses said.

    Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden said officers shot and wounded the suspect just before noon at an entrance to the store. A witness told The Daily Reflector that the suspect, a white man in his 60s, was shot in the face.

    All were expected to survive, Aden said at a 3 p.m. news briefing.


    __________________________________________________ _________

    So what do the gun hating and Walmart hating folks do with this story?
    Its a shame the shooter didn't perish.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,380

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yet again another shooter on a rampage in a pro-gun area, right outside of one of a place that sells guns and ammo and the police do their job and save the day and not the gun owners who claim their guns are for protection from violent criminals like this. yet another of many cases where gun ownership doesn't make anything safer because it is better to run away than to engage, unless you are the criminal shooter.
    ONE time out of...how many??
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,380

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The cop wasn't a US citizen?
    He's a citizen...he just wasn't armed. He used diplomacy and reason to stop the shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yet again another shooter on a rampage in a pro-gun area, right outside of one of a place that sells guns and ammo and the police do their job and save the day and not the gun owners who claim their guns are for protection from violent criminals like this. yet another of many cases where gun ownership doesn't make anything safer because it is better to run away than to engage, unless you are the criminal shooter.
    Perhaps if more people carried instead of cowering in fear waiting for the evil po po to stop harassing black people and eating doughnuts long enough to come help, then fewer people would have been shot, but what can you do--they are unionized <-------see how easy assumptions work

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: N.C. gunman shot after wounding 4 at law firm, Walmart

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you seriously not understanding what I meant or just pretending not to understand what I meant?
    Are you not saying what you mean? If not, then you should start saying what you mean instead of something else and expecting everyone to just know what you mean. We don't know unless you say it. Here's what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It is reasonable to assume that if armed citizens had been present a crime might have been stopped.
    An armed citizen did not stop this crime.
    What did you read that told you the cop was not a citizen? Is he a legal resident with a citizenship in another country?

    Did you mean "civilian"? Cops are civilians too, because they are not military nor are they Enemy Combatants. So if you did not mean what you said, why did you say it and what do you actually mean?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •