Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 182

Thread: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

  1. #31
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    I'm confused. You say:



    and then this:



    appears antithetical...what am I missing?

    ...and yes, I read the ~200 pages of transcript but there is MUCH MORE out there for dissemination.
    What you're missing is that there is nothing "political" about questioning the tax-exempt application of a group that appears to be political when the law says that political groups are not eligible for that tax exempt status
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #32
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I just want to make sure that I'm understanding how this all works....

    We KNOW that the IRS was unfairly targeting Tea Party groups and have all kinds of evidence that it was doing so including admissions from dozens of people but (and apparently this is the only part that matters) because it can't be linked directly to Obama is isn't a problem.

    Is that really the argument people are trying to make?
    No, the argument of this post is that Issa called Carney a liar and insinuated that the president ordered the targeting. The pages that were released show Issa to be the liar. The IRS already admitted to the targeting. I'm sure more heads will roll before this is over but it has nothing to do with the WH
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  3. #33
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Some desperate liberal spin going on here

    The Federal Government used what are supposed to non partisan institutions to specifically target, harass and intimidate Americans based upon their beliefs. That is not in dispute. This information was released by Elijah Cummings who has made repeated contradictory statements and done everything in his power to brush this massive scandal under the rug. He's not even remotely a credible source.

    This just shows how desperate The Left is to excuse and dismiss Fascism because their belief in their GodKing Messiah > The Constitution
    Prove that, and provide a citation from the links to the complete testimony given before Congress, which I posted in the OP. Good luck.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #34
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Right...because it's so much better to have an incompetent administration than it is to have one that's overtly malicious.
    Yes, a well-intentioned incompetent in a position of power is far more preferable than an administration which has both bad intentions, and the competency to put their intentions into action

    It just doesn't help the hyper-partisans and their hateful lies of conspiracy
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #35
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    FAct is, more than half of the baggers are racists. That's what their real agenda is all about. I'm in the process of proving that now with one example of them being afraid to take a stand against another war. Simply because it would tend to be supportive of Obama in that he opposes the mainstream of the repub party.

    But calling me a terrorist supporter is entirely different because the claim doesn't hold water and so it means nothing. if you would like to go the effort of substantiating that claim then I would probably be convinced to argue it.

    Am I anti-American? No. I'm anti-American wars that are being waged for phony reasons and I see another one on the horizon. Are you anti-American for refusing to speak up and oppose them? Aren't the majority of your people opposed to another ME war?
    Any old timer here will tell you that I was one of the very first to oppose Bush's war in Iraq. And, who the hell is "my people"? Fact is, you are nothing but a hack.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #36
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Some desperate liberal spin going on here

    The Federal Government used what are supposed to non partisan institutions to specifically target, harass and intimidate Americans based upon their beliefs. That is not in dispute. This information was released by Elijah Cummings who has made repeated contradictory statements and done everything in his power to brush this massive scandal under the rug. He's not even remotely a credible source.

    This just shows how desperate The Left is to excuse and dismiss Fascism because their belief in their GodKing Messiah > The Constitution
    You do realize that non partisan orginizations are made up of individuals who can be quite partisan at times.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Did you read the transcripts of the hearings, which I posted in the OP? No, I didn't think so.
    Unless I'm missing something all this guy is saying is that he bumped cases that he didn't want to make a determination on up the line. That's not exactly a revelation. It's what bureaucrats do. The problem came later on when these cases NEVER got resolved and just sat there in limbo for years on end.

    This case is an elephant and this transcript is nothing more than an in depth look at the elephant's toe.
    Last edited by Lutherf; 06-19-13 at 03:12 PM.

  8. #38
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    FAct is, more than half of the baggers are racists. That's what their real agenda is all about. I'm in the process of proving that now with one example of them being afraid to take a stand against another war. Simply because it would tend to be supportive of Obama in that he opposes the mainstream of the repub party.

    But calling me a terrorist supporter is entirely different because the claim doesn't hold water and so it means nothing. if you would like to go the effort of substantiating that claim then I would probably be convinced to argue it.

    Am I anti-American? No. I'm anti-American wars that are being waged for phony reasons and I see another one on the horizon. Are you anti-American for refusing to speak up and oppose them? Aren't the majority of your people opposed to another ME war?
    Got any evidence to support this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  9. #39
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    You know, when you think about it, the GOP has more to worry about the Tea party than the dems.

    I mean, the Tea Party is so, well, you know. They only help to assure democrat victories. The TP'ers hurt the GOP more than than anyone. It makes sense that a Republican would go after them.

    It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #40
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    No, the argument of this post is that Issa called Carney a liar and insinuated that the president ordered the targeting. The pages that were released show Issa to be the liar. The IRS already admitted to the targeting. I'm sure more heads will roll before this is over but it has nothing to do with the WH
    And I'm sure Darrell Issa and Fox News will continue to insinuate President Obama was behind this.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •