Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 182

Thread: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

  1. #171
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How are you so certain? Or do you think it might just have been the media and the less sophisticated voters who helped re-elect this disaster?
    From my perspective, you're a bit hasty in referring to "less sophisticated voters".

    The only thing Romney's election would accomplish would be to make the GOP complicit in ObamaCare, and more. Even Romney's own campaign head indicated that Romney would not repeal or even de-fund ObamaCare, while Romney was on the stump saying the exact opposite, showing that Romney was deliberately playing both sides of the fence and really intending to do nothing.

    It would seem those "less sophisticated voters" actually got sucked into polarized partisanship, empty promises, and a rotten candidate, even one unwilling to do what it takes to win, which shouldn't have been all that difficult, given the conditions.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  2. #172
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,749

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Here is a link that debunks this meme of yours:

    IRS Abuse -- More Widespread than the Media Comprehend | National Review Online

    As I said, it's way more extensive and involves much more of the IRS than is explained by this so called Republican employee.
    Your conspiracy theory from a very partisan website does not fly in the face of the actual testimony under oath.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Who said Bush was responsible for that? Actually it was Senator Susan Collins and Representative Joe Scarborough who requested that the NAACP get investigated for having said something critical of a Bush policy.
    That is completely false.

    Why not do some investigation before you submit this silliness, rather than just picking it up from some goofy left wing blog and leaving it at that.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    From my perspective, you're a bit hasty in referring to "less sophisticated voters".

    The only thing Romney's election would accomplish would be to make the GOP complicit in ObamaCare, and more. Even Romney's own campaign head indicated that Romney would not repeal or even de-fund ObamaCare, while Romney was on the stump saying the exact opposite, showing that Romney was deliberately playing both sides of the fence and really intending to do nothing.

    It would seem those "less sophisticated voters" actually got sucked into polarized partisanship, empty promises, and a rotten candidate, even one unwilling to do what it takes to win, which shouldn't have been all that difficult, given the conditions.
    I never heard that about Romney's campaign workers so I would have to go with what the candidate says.

    I acknowledge that Obama was a terrible candidate, with a history to prove it, which would seem to support the idea that those who voted for him were unsophisticated. They were voting for the party, not the candidate, just as they would support their high school basketball team no mater what scandals might occur. We see examples of that blind loyalty on this thread, where facts do not deter them from their strongly held beliefs. They will even lie in order to convince others that their candidate is right for the job, that nothing is his fault.

    Economic woes with the real possibility of financial collapse, political scandals, the diminishing supply of energy sources, demographic patterns, and genuine international problems, appear to have no effect on their electoral decisions. Instead they will focus on the minutia with no recognition of the overall picture. When people put their party over their country then calling them 'unsophisticated' is being rather kind.

  5. #175
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I never heard that about Romney's campaign workers so I would have to go with what the candidate says.

    I acknowledge that Obama was a terrible candidate, with a history to prove it, which would seem to support the idea that those who voted for him were unsophisticated. They were voting for the party, not the candidate, just as they would support their high school basketball team no mater what scandals might occur. We see examples of that blind loyalty on this thread, where facts do not deter them from their strongly held beliefs. They will even lie in order to convince others that their candidate is right for the job, that nothing is his fault.
    It wasn't just any campaign worker; it was his campaign head, the campaign manager, responding officially to press questions.

    Obama was far worse than a terrible candidate, and far worse than a terrible incumbent. His every action, prior to election, oath itself, and actions in office, show an extreme disdain for the Constitution, this country, and our freedoms. Despite this, and the terrible economy and deliberately destructive actions while in office, and serial abuse of power, Romney still lost.

    At some point don't you think you should come to terms with the harsh answers to the obvious question as to why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Economic woes with the real possibility of financial collapse, political scandals, the diminishing supply of energy sources, demographic patterns, and genuine international problems, appear to have no effect on their electoral decisions. Instead they will focus on the minutia with no recognition of the overall picture. When people put their party over their country then calling them 'unsophisticated' is being rather kind.
    Romney had no real hard stance on the fraud that is Global Warming, had a destructive stance government dictated health care, demonstrated penchant for destroying the Constitution, and declared an individual's rights to consist of the 'right' to flee to some other state, like some refugee in the country where our rights are recognized to be unalienable, has mixed reviews on the immigration and the Dream act, no burning desire to restore the constitution, a disdain for the Tea Parties, a despicable entitlement mentality to the office, and a notorious history for being wishy-washy.

    How is voting for Romney any sort of "sophisticated" position, when getting to Hell only a tiny bit slower doesn't accomplish anything, and only serves to validate not only the route, but also validate the final destination of Hell itself?

    It does not matter a wit who's driving, if the destination is unaltered.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    It wasn't just any campaign worker; it was his campaign head, the campaign manager, responding officially to press questions.

    Obama was far worse than a terrible candidate, and far worse than a terrible incumbent. His every action, prior to election, oath itself, and actions in office, show an extreme disdain for the Constitution, this country, and our freedoms. Despite this, and the terrible economy and deliberately destructive actions while in office, and serial abuse of power, Romney still lost.

    At some point don't you think you should come to terms with the harsh answers to the obvious question as to why?
    I think I explained why. I don;t know what I can add to that. Others say it was just getting 'free stuff' and while that certainly was a factor it seems to me that excuse also lends itself to an electorate that responds to the moment, who has little concern or understanding for the future of the country. They were also allowing themselves to be caught up in side issues as to whether the Romney has horses, or a house they don't need, or his religion. I chose to sum it all up with the single word of 'unsophisticated' though i'm also willing to look at others.


    Romney had no real hard stance on the fraud that is Global Warming, had a destructive stance government dictated health care, demonstrated penchant for destroying the Constitution, and declared an individual's rights to consist of the 'right' to flee to some other state, like some refugee in the country where our rights are recognized to be unalienable, has mixed reviews on the immigration and the Dream act, no burning desire to restore the constitution, a disdain for the Tea Parties, a despicable entitlement mentality to the office, and a notorious history for being wishy-washy.
    Yes, global warning is a fraud but those who are prepared to believe what their leftist leaders say still go for it. It should never have been an issue but of course politicians will create these fears in order to solve them. While a lot of your complaints of Romney's campaign have some merit he was still far and away the better candidate, with a proven record of his outstanding abilities. Just looking at his record in comparison with Barrack Obama's should have locked it up.

    How is voting for Romney any sort of "sophisticated" position, when getting to Hell only a tiny bit slower doesn't accomplish anything, and only serves to validate not only the route, but also validate the final destination of Hell itself?
    Romney may have had a poor campaign but that is still no excuse to vote for someone like Barrack Obama, a man with no real experience of any sort, expect empty promises of Hope and Change. Romney had a great many ideas if you listen to his speeches, especially in energy, but ideas were seldom a part of the campaign.

    It does not matter a wit who's driving, if the destination is unaltered.
    Oh Romney would have been quite a different and better President, There should be no doubt of that.

  7. #177
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I think I explained why. I don;t know what I can add to that. Others say it was just getting 'free stuff' and while that certainly was a factor it seems to me that excuse also lends itself to an electorate that responds to the moment, who has little concern or understanding for the future of the country. They were also allowing themselves to be caught up in side issues as to whether the Romney has horses, or a house they don't need, or his religion. I chose to sum it all up with the single word of 'unsophisticated' though i'm also willing to look at others.
    You misunderstand me, and also your thinking is stuck in partisan polarization.

    I'm not asking "why" people voted for Obama. The fact of the matter is that a great many conservatives and others, not only did not vote for Romney last election, but deliberately did not vote at all, despite recognizing what a horror Obama is for this country, and you've clearly not come close to dealing with this fact.

    Yes, you mistakenly chose to sum it up with "unsophisticated", and I suggested that you were all too hasty in throwing that word around, when it seems you yourself have not grasped what so many others have grasped, and why they were so motivated to not vote for Romney, when Romney should have won so easily.

    If all we are is sheep for the shearing under an unconstitutional government, then I and others really don't give a damn to vote for who is to do that shearing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, global warning is a fraud but those who are prepared to believe what their leftist leaders say still go for it. It should never have been an issue but of course politicians will create these fears in order to solve them. While a lot of your complaints of Romney's campaign have some merit he was still far and away the better candidate, with a proven record of his outstanding abilities. Just looking at his record in comparison with Barrack Obama's should have locked it up.


    Romney may have had a poor campaign but that is still no excuse to vote for someone like Barrack Obama, a man with no real experience of any sort, expect empty promises of Hope and Change. Romney had a great many ideas if you listen to his speeches, especially in energy, but ideas were seldom a part of the campaign.



    Oh Romney would have been quite a different and better President, There should be no doubt of that.
    A better candidate? Romney lost, not by a little but by a lot, and ran a pathetic election, where he refused to even position himself aggressively and would not characterize Obama for the dishonest criminal he is! Romney lost and he had everything in his favor, from the economy to foreign policy! And yet all to many conservatives and general Republicans would not vote for the man, and this is largely because of his RomneyCare, his corruption of the 10th Amendment as "Fifty Flavors of Democracy" reducing Americans to refugees fleeing form state to state in the hope that one might still recognize their rights, and the fact the man has no real spine nor integrity!

    Romney would not have been at all different in any significant way, and all too much the same in every way that mattered to the electorate. Yes, Romney "should have locked it up", but he did not do so, and you seem to think it was because of Obama, when that's not the case at all. The problem is Romney himself, and the GOP.

    The amusing thing is that back in 2008 Romney was actually my first choice, ahead of the criminal and unqualified candidate McCain (PDF) by a long shot!

    But then those were far different times, and we are not in the same condition now that we were then, now a mere shadow of our former nation, and I did not then view Romney with the same knowledge and insight I do now. Quite clearly I am not alone in this.

    This gets back to my original indication that you still need to ask yourself " Why" Romney did not win, and why so many refused to vote for him, many even not voting at all, despite the truly frightening condition the country is in. And, in my view, you need to come to terms with these unpleasant answers, because they do reflect on the current and ongoing state Republican party as a whole, and reflects why the Republican party is on the verge of going the way of the Whig party.

    Romney was not only the wrong choice, but he was at least the second in a series of wrong choices, for a Republican party that has been deliberately undermining the rule of law and flagrantly disregarding the Constitution, and in that, Romney was the very last straw for all too many.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    You misunderstand me, and also your thinking is stuck in partisan polarization. I'm not asking "why" people voted for Obama. The fact of the matter is that a great many conservatives and others, not only did not vote for Romney last election, but deliberately did not vote at all, despite recognizing what a horror Obama is for this country, and you've clearly not come close to dealing with this fact.
    As to why conservatives didn't vote for Romney, despite knowing what a disaster Obama is, then I'd say they are stuck in the same rut as the leftists. To stay home and pout because Romney didn't display his personal conservatism enough is juvenile. You get off your ass and vote for the candidate who's best for the country. That sort of pettiness can't be blamed on Romney.

    Yes, you mistakenly chose to sum it up with "unsophisticated", and I suggested that you were all too hasty in throwing that word around, when it seems you yourself have not grasped what so many others have grasped, and why they were so motivated to not vote for Romney, when Romney should have won so easily.
    "Unsophisticated" in the case of the Leftists. Foolish and stubborn in the case of the Conservatives.

    If all we are is sheep for the shearing under an unconstitutional government, then I and others really don't give a damn to vote for who is to do that shearing.
    Then you can't complain when Obama types get elected.

    A better candidate? Romney lost, not by a little but by a lot, and ran a pathetic election, where he refused to even position himself aggressively and would not characterize Obama for the dishonest criminal he is!
    That was already obvious to everyone except the Koll Aid drinkers. He wnted to take the higher road, which is what Conservatives should be doing.

    Romney lost and he had everything in his favor, from the economy to foreign policy!
    Because conservatives sat on their asses rather than voting for the best candidate
    .And yet all to many conservatives and general Republicans would not vote for the man, and this is largely because of his RomneyCare, his corruption of the 10th Amendment as "Fifty Flavors of Democracy" reducing Americans to refugees fleeing form state to state in the hope that one might still recognize their rights, and the fact the man has no real spine nor integrity!
    That was in Michigan and now there is Obamacare anyway. At east with Romney there was a chance, now there is next to none. And as State Rights become diminished there will be fewer States to flee to.
    Romney would not have been at all different in any significant way, and all too much the same in every way that mattered to the electorate. Yes, Romney "should have locked it up", but he did not do so, and you seem to think it was because of Obama, when that's not the case at all. The problem is Romney himself, and the GOP.
    I don't think it was either Obama's fault or Romney's fault. We can only blame it on the electorate.

    The amusing thing is that back in 2008 Romney was actually my first choice, ahead of the criminal and unqualified candidate McCain (PDF) by a long shot!
    I saw him speak at that time in DC and he was fantastic, saying the things he should have said during the campaign. But he didn't, possibly thinking that his record and the high road would win it for him.
    But then those were far different times, and we are not in the same condition now that we were then, now a mere shadow of our former nation, and I did not then view Romney with the same knowledge and insight I do now. Quite clearly I am not alone in this.
    No, you are not. But boycotting the election only made it worse.

    This gets back to my original indication that you still need to ask yourself " Why" Romney did not win, and why so many refused to vote for him, many even not voting at all, despite the truly frightening condition the country is in. And, in my view, you need to come to terms with these unpleasant answers, because they do reflect on the current and ongoing state Republican party as a whole, and reflects why the Republican party is on the verge of going the way of the Whig party.
    Again, I blame the electorate. If they are going to elect candidates like Barrack Obama, and Conservatives are going to stay home rather than vote, who is to blame? If the GOP is history, who is to blame?

    Romney was not only the wrong choice, but he was at least the second in a series of wrong choices, for a Republican party that has been deliberately undermining the rule of law and flagrantly disregarding the Constitution, and in that, Romney was the very last straw for all too many.
    I don't know when Romney undermined any rule of law.

  9. #179
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As to why conservatives didn't vote for Romney, despite knowing what a disaster Obama is, then I'd say they are stuck in the same rut as the leftists. To stay home and pout because Romney didn't display his personal conservatism enough is juvenile. You get off your ass and vote for the candidate who's best for the country. That sort of pettiness can't be blamed on Romney.



    "Unsophisticated" in the case of the Leftists. Foolish and stubborn in the case of the Conservatives.
    But not you, oh no, you clearly believe you're not foolish at all, the one who has not asked any probing questions even in the aftermath. I'm reminded of a famous Shakespeare quote.

    The "same rut" is voting for someone despite the fact he undermines the constitution, believes in statist dictates, and usurpation of individual rights, and reduces 'rights' to reducing once free Americans to refugee status having to flee from state to state in the hope those rights are still recognized. And voting for him, is actually validating this corrupt and ignorant mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then you can't complain when Obama types get elected.
    That Obama 'type' was never legitimately elected, because he is not legitimately qualified for office, by known terms. Of course recognizing this fact, requires some degree of knowledge about the Constitution. No, it does not involve an goose chase for some other birth certificate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That was already obvious to everyone except the Koll Aid drinkers. He wnted to take the higher road, which is what Conservatives should be doing.
    It is no sort of "higher road" to treat open criminality and flagrant disdain for this country as if it were legitimate political difference. What it does is validate such illegitimate ideology as if it were within the legitimate political spectrum. Obama repeatedly indicated that Romney was being dishonest, called him a bull****ter, and said he was suffering from an amnesia-like disease. But this is the sort of response we get from Romney:

    “Don’t tell anyone I said so, but our 44th president has many gifts, and a beautiful family that would make any man proud. In our country, you can oppose someone in politics and make a confident case against their policies without any ill will, and that’s how it is for me.”

    Instead of speaking the truth, Romney falsely reduces their difference to just politics, and thereby validated Obama's criminality and ideology, as if legit politics. This, as much as anything, cemented the fact that I could not vote for Romney. I made the mistake once with McCain, and would not now sacrifice the constitution for a empty partisan vote.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Because conservatives sat on their asses rather than voting for the best candidate
    The best candidates were prohibited from making it to the election, deliberately, by the GOP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That was in Michigan and now there is Obamacare anyway. At east with Romney there was a chance, now there is next to none. And as State Rights become diminished there will be fewer States to flee to.
    Michigan?

    There is no chance when the partisan hacks in your own party have already validated what Obama has done by Romney's nomination. After that, if he should be elected, than those same partisan hacks will do nothing but support the party.

    We had sitting Oval Occupant in office that has, from his very first days, committed a laundry list of impeachable offenses, and yet Romney would not even address the legitimate political differences with sufficient force, thereby being incapable of closing the deal himself, in the midst of the worse economy since the Great Depression. This is either gross incompetence on Romney's part, or deliberate complicity.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Romney would not have been at all different in any significant way, and all too much the same in every way that mattered to the electorate. Yes, Romney "should have locked it up", but he did not do so, and you seem to think it was because of Obama, when that's not the case at all. The problem is Romney himself, and the GOP.
    I don't think it was either Obama's fault or Romney's fault. We can only blame it on the electorate.
    Romney didn't lock up the election because of Romney, not the electorate. It is Romany's own arrogance, ignorance and disregard that reduced the 10th Amendment to "Fifty Flavors of Democracy" and reduced citizen's rights to refugees fleeing from state to state. It was Romney who would not pursue the truth about Energy issues, about economic issues, about foreign policy issues. These are the same issues that the Republicans have been rolling over for and treating what is going on as if it were legitimate! Obama's blackmail regarding immigration overrun of the states was not commented on either, despite the fact that the federal government has no legitimate Constitutional authority over immigration into the states.

    These issues were not commented upon despite the fact that what we are witnessing in this country is an ongoing bloodless coup to overthrow legitimate governance. All these issues, and more, were ignored, because Romney was nothing but a big shill for corporate statist ideology, and the GOP wants those illicit powers for itself too.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, you are not. But boycotting the election only made it worse.
    My having voted for Romney and validated his corruptions, and the ongoing GOP corruptions, would have only made it worse. Now that same GOP has been leading the Gang of 8 to further overrun our society, and corrupt our electoral process with illegal amnesty, either foolishly believing they can buy the votes of the deluge of illegals, or even believing it doesn't matter.

    I've been holding back saying the truth, but the reality is that things got worse because of naive Republicans such as yourself. To no surprise, despite these months that have passed since the election, and all the corruption that has occurred, these same persons are still far too obtuse to recognize the error of their thought processes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Again, I blame the electorate. If they are going to elect candidates like Barrack Obama, and Conservatives are going to stay home rather than vote, who is to blame? If the GOP is history, who is to blame?
    The electorate are not to blame for a corrupt and criminal government. That electorate has been deliberately led down narrow chutes, with limited choices and irrelevant results, all leading to our butchery. There is no vote that can validate government conduct outside the Constitution, no matter how much some may want it. We are deliberately not any sort of democracy.

    There is only persistent ignorance and blind partisan hackery that enables a polarized system, where liberty is the loser no matter the winner.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I don't know when Romney undermined any rule of law.
    Evidently you missed my repeated reference to RomneyCare, the corruption of the 10th Amendment with "Fifty Flavors" and the unabashed denigration of individual rights in the name of statist authoritarianism masquerading as "health care is for the good of the people!" . What do you imagine the rule of law hinges upon in this country?
    Last edited by Trip; 06-20-13 at 09:06 PM.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    But not you, oh no, you clearly believe you're not foolish at all, the one who has not asked any probing questions even in the aftermath. I'm reminded of a famous Shakespeare quote.

    The "same rut" is voting for someone despite the fact he undermines the constitution, believes in statist dictates, and usurpation of individual rights, and reduces 'rights' to reducing once free Americans to refugee status having to flee from state to state in the hope those rights are still recognized. And voting for him, is actually validating this corrupt and ignorant mindset.



    That Obama 'type' was never legitimately elected, because he is not legitimately qualified for office, by known terms. Of course recognizing this fact, requires some degree of knowledge about the Constitution. No, it does not involve an goose chase for some other birth certificate.




    It is no sort of "higher road" to treat open criminality and flagrant disdain for this country as if it were legitimate political difference. What it does is validate such illegitimate ideology as if it were within the legitimate political spectrum. Obama repeatedly indicated that Romney was being dishonest, called him a bull****ter, and said he was suffering from an amnesia-like disease. But this is the sort of response we get from Romney:

    “Don’t tell anyone I said so, but our 44th president has many gifts, and a beautiful family that would make any man proud. In our country, you can oppose someone in politics and make a confident case against their policies without any ill will, and that’s how it is for me.”

    Instead of speaking the truth, Romney falsely reduces their difference to just politics, and thereby validated Obama's criminality and ideology, as if legit politics. This, as much as anything, cemented the fact that I could not vote for Romney. I made the mistake once with McCain, and would not now sacrifice the constitution for a empty partisan vote.




    The best candidates were prohibited from making it to the election, deliberately, by the GOP.




    Michigan?

    There is no chance when the partisan hacks in your own party have already validated what Obama has done by Romney's nomination. After that, if he should be elected, than those same partisan hacks will do nothing but support the party.

    We had sitting Oval Occupant in office that has, from his very first days, committed a laundry list of impeachable offenses, and yet Romney would not even address the legitimate political differences with sufficient force, thereby being incapable of closing the deal himself, in the midst of the worse economy since the Great Depression. This is either gross incompetence on Romney's part, or deliberate complicity.




    Romney didn't lock up the election because of Romney, not the electorate. It is Romany's own arrogance, ignorance and disregard that reduced the 10th Amendment to "Fifty Flavors of Democracy" and reduced citizen's rights to refugees fleeing from state to state. It was Romney who would not pursue the truth about Energy issues, about economic issues, about foreign policy issues. These are the same issues that the Republicans have been rolling over for and treating what is going on as if it were legitimate! Obama's blackmail regarding immigration overrun of the states was not commented on either, despite the fact that the federal government has no legitimate Constitutional authority over immigration into the states.

    These issues were not commented upon despite the fact that what we are witnessing in this country is an ongoing bloodless coup to overthrow legitimate governance. All these issues, and more, were ignored, because Romney was nothing but a big shill for corporate statist ideology, and the GOP wants those illicit powers for itself too.





    My having voted for Romney and validated his corruptions, and the ongoing GOP corruptions, would have only made it worse. Now that same GOP has been leading the Gang of 8 to further overrun our society, and corrupt our electoral process with illegal amnesty, either foolishly believing they can buy the votes of the deluge of illegals, or even believing it doesn't matter.

    I've been holding back saying the truth, but the reality is that things got worse because of naive Republicans such as yourself. To no surprise, despite these months that have passed since the election, and all the corruption that has occurred, these same persons are still far too obtuse to recognize the error of their thought processes.




    The electorate are not to blame for a corrupt and criminal government. That electorate has been deliberately led down narrow chutes, with limited choices and irrelevant results, all leading to our butchery. There is no vote that can validate government conduct outside the Constitution, no matter how much some may want it. We are deliberately not any sort of democracy.

    There is only persistent ignorance and blind partisan hackery that enables a polarized system, where liberty is the loser no matter the winner.





    Evidently you missed my repeated reference to RomneyCare, the corruption of the 10th Amendment with "Fifty Flavors" and the unabashed denigration of individual rights in the name of statist authoritarianism masquerading as "health care is for the good of the people!" . What do you imagine the rule of law hinges upon in this country?
    You seemed pleased, as a Conservative, that Barrack Obama won the election. I find that odd but we can agree to disagree. Good luck.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •