Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 182

Thread: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

  1. #131
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Please stop it with the "racists" bit. You are sounding like the little boy who cried wolf. This isn't about racism. This is about the GOP... in particular Issa, flubbing up an investigation by having a predetermined narrative laid out before the facts got there then found out that the facts don't support their narrative. It has nothing to do with race. The same **** happened when the GOP decided to "investigate" Clinton on a slew of non-scandals.
    If there is no there there, why did the administration feel the need to plant an apology from the IRS?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Claiming that the Tea Party wasn't specifically targeted for their beliefs is beyond laughable and pathetically desperate. The IRS already admitted it. That won't stop dishonest posters like the OP and Sangha from defending and excusing tyranny and fascism however.
    It really is kind of fascinating to watch. I mean, I've seen alcoholics that are less in denial than some of these folks.

  3. #133
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    You don't seem to understand. IT IS already linked to Obama just as those on the left are making the counter assertion that Bush had the IRS target the NAACP...
    Who said Bush was responsible for that? Actually it was Senator Susan Collins and Representative Joe Scarborough who requested that the NAACP get investigated for having said something critical of a Bush policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If there is no there there, why did the administration feel the need to plant an apology from the IRS?
    Nothing wrong was done but, anyway, it was done by a Republican,

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Please stop it with the "racists" bit. You are sounding like the little boy who cried wolf. This isn't about racism. This is about the GOP... in particular Issa, flubbing up an investigation by having a predetermined narrative laid out before the facts got there then found out that the facts don't support their narrative. It has nothing to do with race. The same **** happened when the GOP decided to "investigate" Clinton on a slew of non-scandals.
    No, the GOP has been marginalized due to their lack of any real direction. The only element that keeps them alive is the racist hate coming out of the south. Do a quick survey here on this forum on threads that are all about trying to destroy Obama and you will find the racist slime seeping out of them.

    The GOP used to be about politics of the right until it was split down the middle by the racist filth of the bagger partiers. That is their whole mission in life and everything else is secondary to them. And it's abut damn time Americans started to see that and call it for what it is.

    They can't have it both ways. They're either going to have to turf the racist slime of the baggers and the comelately libertarians or they are going to have to reform as a real political party of the right. There is only one recipe for success.

    Unfortunately, the rabid extreme right baggers have the moderate right running scared right now. That needs to change before the people get a say again.

  6. #136
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Nothing wrong was done but, anyway, it was done by a Republican,
    You're too funny...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You been living in a cave? Issa was attempting build a Watergate-like case, and it was full of nothing but conspiracy nuttiness. Here's a good link. You can also look at the transcripts of the hearings themselves, which I included in the OP.
    Perhaps I live in a different cave than you do. In my cave here is what Issa said:
    CROWLEY: Do you come into this with a preconceived notion? Certainly a lot of the things we're getting at random news conferences is that Republicans, and you're leading this charge at least in your committee, really want to tie this to the White House, that you all are out to say this somehow happened at the White House, went to the IRS and the IRS did the president's bidding
    ISSA: …We've never tried to tie things to the president, tie things to the cabinet officers. What we've tried to do is get the kinds of transparency we were promised, which we're not getting. And then try to get the reforms that we need so that government...
    CNN.com - Transcripts

    I suppose you now can substantiate what Issa lied about?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  8. #138
    Guru
    Velvet Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    The only element that keeps them alive is the racist hate coming out of the south.
    Can you offer real facts about this? Perhaps a link that doesn't direct someone to a left-wing blog? I'll wait.

    Do a quick survey here on this forum on threads that are all about trying to destroy Obama and you will find the racist slime seeping out of them.
    I have, and you're overwhelmingly wrong.

    [...] bagger partiers [...] baggers [...] comelately libertarians [...] extreme right baggers [...]
    It's posts like this that totally discredit anything you say. You might as well call them "poo-poo heads."
    Liberals: Demanding the freedom to write laws to take freedoms away from people they don't agree with.

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Who said Bush was responsible for that? Actually it was Senator Susan Collins and Representative Joe Scarborough who requested that the NAACP get investigated for having said something critical of a Bush policy.
    Under the same context as I inferred...:

    “I wish there was more GOP interest when I raised the same issue during the Bush administration, where they audited a progressive church in my district in what look liked a very selective way,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff
    When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

    I can find many other sources but suffice to say the president generally gets the blame for any 'scandal' that occurs during his administration...rightly or wrongly.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #140
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer

    I like that the tea party crowd thinks the IRS is the reason they had little influence in 2012.

    Like, tell me how many votes you think were stopped because some of the far-right political groups had to pay taxes that year, and in which states.

    Then tell me how many electoral votes would change hands.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •