Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 333

Thread: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

  1. #71
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    It is the liberal default mode. they only have two cards in their deck the race card and blame Bush card.
    Which card causes someone to misidentify Rahm Emanuel as black?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Maybe some of us live there...but I'm the one in the bubble...
    Explains your views totally. No one likes to admit they are part of the problem

  3. #73
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which card causes someone to misidentify Rahm Emanuel as black?
    The poster clearly made a mistake, either in wording or fact. That mistake has been pointed out times ten now.


  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're playing at going from general to specific and back again, incorrectly mixng the two to suit your script. This specific case is about Chicago. In this specific case the CEO is black. Making you points incorrect in the specific.

    In general - school boards are elected directly by their local community and are more likely to reflect the makeup of that community. So your assertions are also incorrect in the general sense.
    No, I have always been talking about Chicago. Ever since you realized that your initial comment about the school board being elected was incorrect, you have been trying to make the conversation more general. Do not attribute your failure to me. I won't tolerate your dishonesty. We're done.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't think anyone chooses to live in poverty. But I guess that wrecks your image of the Welfare Queen.

    Even if those parents were the best parents in history, the education is not the same because the funding level is very different. Blame it on whoever, but if we're not giving the same opportunities, that's un-equal. I don't think that it's OK to have worse schools that are essentially segregated. Race card or not.
    they choose to live in poverty when they choose not to work when they choose not to better then selves to get a decent paying job when they choose to spit out babies one after the other and we in encourage them to do so when we pay them to do just that

  6. #76
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I have always been talking about Chicago. Ever since you realized that your initial comment about the school board being elected was incorrect, you have been trying to make the conversation more general. Do not attribute your failure to me. I won't tolerate your dishonesty. We're done.
    Heh, yes, nice trick, doesn't work. Your original points fail in light of the facts presented. Both in this specific case and the general sense.

    If you were talking about Chicago the entire time, why did you try tyo excuse you assertions by pointing out you said "most"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive
    Originally Posted by clownboy
    You are correct Chicago is the one exception for the state, However, your point fails because, as mentioned the CEO is herself black. In fact the former CEO whom she replaced, also black.
    Um, no. Notice what I said.
    Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive
    The school board - who has made all the harmful decisions in the school system - is, in fact, mostly rich, white people.
    I didn't say "all". Sorry.
    Last edited by clownboy; 06-19-13 at 06:49 PM.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I have always been talking about Chicago. Ever since you realized that your initial comment about the school board being elected was incorrect, you have been trying to make the conversation more general. Do not attribute your failure to me. I won't tolerate your dishonesty. We're done.
    Like it makes any bit of difference. The Mayor is elected. The city decided under Daley to let the Mayor appoint the board. As has already been pointed out, and with liberals claiming it was "old white men", the CEO of the Board is black. The last one was black. You wanna bet that many of the Board members aren't black as well ?

    Yeah. You better run.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Btw - The Chicago Board of Education.

    Only ONE rich white dude. Unless you count the proffessor in as a rich white dude, then two.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by hidingrpolitics View Post
    I thought I did answer your question. There is nothing wrong with wanting a fair evaluation process before any firing and trying to improve current teachers. I was saying I don't agree with the premise. "Fair" is a subjective term, and I think we have crossed the boundaries of what is "fair" when it comes to teacher evaluations.
    The teacher's union wants evaluations that do not hold teachers accountable for factors outside of their control. Do you think that's fair?

    What they wanted was an almost ironclad process where only a small percentage of incompetent teachers could be fired or held accountable.
    Source?

    This is certainly not for the good of the student because a terrible teacher could stay employed for a long, long time under the rules that they, and other teachers' unions, were asking for.
    Source for the Chicago Teacher's Union?

    I am saying standards should be more stringent when it concerns the future of this country. Teachers should be held to MUCH higher standards than they currently are.
    How does this relate to the Chicago Teacher's Union? What specific standards are they advocating that are inadequate to you? Source please.

    Our education system is not failing due to lack of funding; it is failing due to lack of accountability.
    Source?

  10. #80
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,510

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The teacher's union wants evaluations that do not hold teachers accountable for factors outside of their control. Do you think that's fair?
    Premise that it's "outside of their control" is the issue.

    Teachers primary job is student results. If you think their primary job is outside of their control and thus they should not be held responsible, that's absurd.

    Good gods man, nearly all of our jobs are ultimately outside our control and we're all held responsible to one degree or another. A sales person can't control who buys, a contractor can't control how nuts their customer is, good gods a manager can't directly control the actions of everyone reporting to them, but they are damn sure responsible (to a degree) for them, it's their job.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •