Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 333

Thread: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

  1. #301
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It was fun.

    Topics do wander sometimes. We shall not agree. Fortunately I am right and you are wrong. It is time to do something else.
    It is always easier to claim being correct...rather than proving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Bump...
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Avoid the personal attacks and stick to the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    At least you're asking a question now, or positing a hypothesis (a cultural
    explanation) for these differences, instead of making an unequivocal statement about what the stats show. You have to be careful that the relationship that you think exists between two variables isn't a spurious one, i.e., that there isn't a third variable that explains the relationship. If we held class constant, i.e., if we compared only blacks and whites from the same social class (same years of educational, wealth, occupational prestige, etc.), would these "racial" differences hold? What do you think?

    BTW, did you know the following?

    "More than half of births to American women younger than 30 are outside marriage, research has found.
    And across all ages, a staggering four in ten women are not married when they have children.
    The data shows the fastest growth in the past 20 years is among white women in their 20s with some college education but no four-year degree."

    The collapse of family life: Most children in U.S. born out of wedlock
    By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    UPDATED: 22:01 EST, 18 February 2012

    Are these white women acting black?
    That data is irrelevent.

    The collapse of family unit in recent years isn't isolated to one race.

    And the lack of a father figure alone doesn't explain the corruption of inner city neighborhoods.

    Repeated cycles of generational welfare, crowded housing units where poverty and crime are rampant.

    Children who've been raised in that environment having children and the glorification of that culture.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We've already discussed the US Civil War without any protests, why be so sensitive about the Leftist involvement in the Cold War as well? Because they were wrong on Slavery just as they were on Communism?

    Of course I can't really blame you for being ashamed of Leftist history, though you can easily recognize it, turn away from it, and start all over with a more open mind. It's not too late.
    must you be a jerk? come on, grow up ... or don't bother me ... thanks ...

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You can try to debate these points rather then deflecting and turning to Sarah Palin for some strange reason. Running from debate doesn't serve your argument well, whatever it might be.
    unless you have something substantive to say, I'm going to ignore you ... take care ...

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    That data is irrelevent.

    The collapse of family unit in recent years isn't isolated to one race.

    And the lack of a father figure alone doesn't explain the corruption of inner city neighborhoods.

    Repeated cycles of generational welfare, crowded housing units where poverty and crime are rampant.

    Children who've been raised in that environment having children and the glorification of that culture.
    the data are indeed relevant ... look at what I was responding to ...

    we actually agree on several points, but be careful not to confound culture with class .... the classic culture of poverty argument is flawed .... Are the poor poor because they have the wrong values or do they have the values they have because they're poor? ... the majority of the poor stay poor for a relativelty short period of time ... if it's culture, why would this be? Why is it so hard for Americans to talk about class?

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have absolutely no understanding of the thing you are arguing, "other people's money" refers to BONDS. You are talking about FIAT CURRENCY, and the US dollar is VERY STRONG. Your argument is so totally clueless.
    We are buying back our bonds with worthless money.

    So far, you have not been able to show how I do not understand anything, but it is very clear you have no understanding of YOUR OWN ARGUMENT while you rely upon Bricherisms.
    This is funny. The nation is broke. The instruments of government power are being used against the American people (IRS). The EPA is about to be used as a weapon of mass impoverishment by this Democratic president and the democratic party. We are about to have the nation's culture and voters dramatically altered by the addition of nearly 50 million poor, uneducated people. These things are treason. What part of this is causing you problems?

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It is always easier to claim being correct...rather than proving it.
    Agreed. I was expecting you to say the opposite. We will not agree. That is okay with me.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems « CBS Chicago


    Astounding! Even with a black mayor, it's the whites' fault.
    People's heads would literally ****ing explode if a white man/woman said that black people were to blame for school problems. It just goes to show that black people get to say just about anything they want to about white people with little to no consequence afterward.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    the data are indeed relevant ... look at what I was responding to ...


    we actually agree on several points, but be careful not to confound culture with class .... the classic culture of poverty argument is flawed .... Are the poor poor because they have the wrong values or do they have the values they have because they're poor? ... the majority of the poor stay poor for a relativelty short period of time ... if it's culture, why would this be? Why is it so hard for Americans to talk about class?
    Class is far easier to transcend than Culture.

    The Poor are born poor because of class ( and/or because of the bad decisions of their parent(s) ), they stay poor because of culture.

    Meld the classes together ( hypothetical ) through some god for saken Govt mandate while keeping intact the free markets and the class divisions will return.

    You cannot stop human nature.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •