Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 333

Thread: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Another thread full of stupid liberal excuses, blaming racism, a lack of funding, decisions made by "white guys on school boards", and other stupid uninformed nonsense.

    The CEO of Chicago Public Schools, the 3rd largest district in the US, Is Barbara Byrd-Bennett. She is black.

    Further, the Mayor of that cess-pool, which has been Democrat forever, appoints the Chicago Public School Board. Its liberalism and all its manifest stupidity writ large.

    Own it liberals. Except you can't. You don't believe in accountability. Just stupidity.
    It must be true. I read t in the paper. Chicago board closes 50 schools - Workers World » In the U.S. » Top » Workers World

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by hidingrpolitics View Post
    How does this explain the rise of poor Asian immigrants to the middle class? Did they have secret trust funds stashed away that allowed them to succeed?
    Most Asian families have both a mother and a father.

  3. #23
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by hidingrpolitics View Post
    How does this explain the rise of poor Asian immigrants to the middle class? Did they have secret trust funds stashed away that allowed them to succeed?
    Of course not. There are exceptions to every rule. How do you explain the differences? Teachers Unions? Blacks? What do you think the difference is?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #24
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The Chicago school board is not elected. It is appointed by the Mayor. That's one of the problems. You shouldn't talk about things you have no clue about.
    You are correct Chicago is the one exception for the state, However, your point fails because, as mentioned the CEO is herself black. In fact the former CEO whom she replaced, also black.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You are correct Chicago is the one exception for the state, However, your point fails because, as mentioned the CEO is herself black. In fact the former CEO whom she replaced, also black.
    Um, no. Notice what I said.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The school board - who has made all the harmful decisions in the school system - is, in fact, mostly rich, white people.
    I didn't say "all". Sorry.

  6. #26
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    01-29-15 @ 07:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    88

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course not. There are exceptions to every rule. How do you explain the differences? Teachers Unions? Blacks? What do you think the difference is?
    Asians have a culture of accountability and diligence and, when coupled with the opportunities America has to offer, often succeed on the fruits of our own labor.

  7. #27
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,703

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course not. There are exceptions to every rule. How do you explain the differences? Teachers Unions? Blacks? What do you think the difference is?
    Parental guidance and motivation mostly account for the difference. With over 70% of blacks now born out of wedlock it is hard to blame "outside forces" for many resulting social problems including the lack of performance/attendence in public schools - morons beget morons.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems « CBS Chicago


    Astounding! Even with a black mayor, it's the whites' fault.
    Anything that diverts the blame away from the teachers unions. Not surprising.

  9. #29
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Anything that diverts the blame away from the teachers unions. Not surprising.
    Teachers Unions are in suburban schools too. FYI.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #30
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The Chicago school board is not elected. It is appointed by the Mayor. That's one of the problems. You shouldn't talk about things you have no clue about.
    Uhm. Then its a liberal, democrat problem? Because the mayor of Chicago has leaned that way for a while now. More specifically its a rich, white...LIBERAL problem?

    As for taxes and how they are divvied up:
    Personal Property Replacement Tax
    51.65% of school allocation goes to Cook County currently.

    Now...I know this is old data. But:
    http://tax.illinois.gov/AboutIdor/Ta...s/00ptax50.pdf

    The state took 270M
    Cook took in 125M
    The collar counties of Kane, DuPage, Lake, McHenry, and Will took in 135M
    The rest of the state took in 9mill.

    The suburbs are subsidizing about 8% or $10million of the Cook County school district from what I can gather from that. Of course those numbers have changed since 2000 but I bet the allocation percents havent changed much.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •