Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 333

Thread: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

  1. #111
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,902

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Well, in Chicago, the suburbs are still in Cook County. In Dallas, where I currently live, the suburbs are still in Dallas County.

    Maybe it's different in Canada, eh?

    I wouldn't want to have to move FURTHER from the city, although I would if it came down to it. Would just burn more hydrocarbons getting to work though.
    Well it sounds like you want all the benefits of the city without contributing to the city. Wouldn't that be the very definition of mooching?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You are actually going to break out the "black culture is inferior" argument? Really?
    Black African culture is inferior. Look at the countries in Africa; only a fool would say there backward culture is equivalent to what we have in America.

  3. #113
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,902

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Black African culture is inferior. Look at the countries in Africa; only a fool would say there backward culture is equivalent to what we have in America.
    And it's because their skin did that? Also, all african nations are the same and all asian countries are the same and all latin countries are the same and all caucasion nations are the same?

    edit... not to mention are you equating all black Americans with all black Africans? Do you even know what point you are trying to make? Cause I don't see what you are saying.
    Last edited by poweRob; 06-19-13 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well it sounds like you want all the benefits of the city without contributing to the city. Wouldn't that be the very definition of mooching?
    I want the benefit of going to work and the benefit of going shopping, spending money in the city. Of course, if the politicians force me and all the other upper-middle class whites further from the city because they see us as a meal ticket, what's gonna happen to that city when all the "moochers" quit driving in?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And it's because their skin did that? Also, all african nations are the same and all asian countries are the same and all latin countries are the same and all caucasion nations are the same?
    Alright. I guess we need to do something about all those people fleeing America for Africa.

    I don't care what politically correct speak is, the truth is the truth whether or not you or your ilk want to accept it or not. I will not let what is accepted dictate what I say, post or believe.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truckstop View Post
    So hasn't everything except number one in this post been proven completely wrong.
    No and you forgot the question mark.

  7. #117
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,902

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Alright. I guess we need to do something about all those people fleeing America for Africa.

    I don't care what politically correct speak is, the truth is the truth whether or not you or your ilk want to accept it or not. I will not let what is accepted dictate what I say, post or believe.
    Neither I nor anyone else prior to your post ever said anything about Africa. So... back to America... In your opinion, are black AMERICANS an inferior race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #118
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,902

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob
    In your opinion, are black AMERICANS an inferior race?
    Come on TexMex... and don't forget your creed:

    Quote Originally Posted by TexMex
    I don't care what politically correct speak is, the truth is the truth whether or not you or your ilk want to accept it or not. I will not let what is accepted dictate what I say, post or believe.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #119
    Advisor Truckstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    549

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So these people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    2. The school board - who has made all the harmful decisions in the school system - is, in fact, mostly rich, white people. So, rich white people are, quite literally, responsible for many school problems.

    3. Most of disruptive, harmful policies enacted by the school board predominantly affect black neighborhoods. It's not a stretch to attribute that to racism.
    Are mostly rich white people who quite literally are responsible for many schools problems due to racism.

    Just making sure I understand your argument.

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,608

    re: Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School Problems [W:178]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There are other minorities who do quite well. More often the problem lies in culture rather than race.

    true, when I was a law/graduate student, one of my sports friends was a post-doctoral student from Ghana. He has earned top honors at some British University and continued that success at the top American university in his field. He said the same thing. He noted that African students tended to make better grades than white kids (true) and far far better than black american students. He noted he wasn't held down by a "culture of failure" but he noted that other than his accent, he looked like a typical black american. So he was just as likely to suffer" racism" in an environment if it was present



Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •