Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

  1. #121
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Good for him. Do you think he wouldn't have flown in airplane assuming one was available to him?
    Nope. It was more a fact-finding trip than a string of 18th Century version of photo-ops. Do you think that last Obama bus tour he did did not involve a massive amount of logistical support with them leap-frogging agents and equipment all along the way so that he was never not inside a rolling secure perimeter?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    I would say a trip to future economic powers is not a waste of money but is crucial.
    Why is it "crucial"? How will it help America?

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Then where did Obama get the money for this trip?
    From the taxpayers.

  4. #124
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I must have missed where Booooooosh ran around without security....

    How about the "but every President since Lincoln" crowd?

    People aren't asking Obama to "run around without security", we're asking him not to run around.

    Previous presidents have made such concessions during tough financial times to show that they are willing to feel the pinch as well. Not every president has, I am sure, but there is only so long that you can equate Obama's behavior with previous sub par presidents before you rationally accept that Obama is a sub par president.

  5. #125
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    From the taxpayers.
    And who in in charge of spending taxpayer money? I know you know that Congress controls the money. You just don't have the intestinal fortitude to admit it.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  6. #126
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    People aren't asking Obama to "run around without security", we're asking him not to run around.

    Previous presidents have made such concessions during tough financial times to show that they are willing to feel the pinch as well. Not every president has, I am sure, but there is only so long that you can equate Obama's behavior with previous sub par presidents before you rationally accept that Obama is a sub par president.
    There's a big difference between rtaionally accepting that Obama is a sub par President (which I do) and buying into every criticism the right throws at him whether it's rational or not.

    In fact, I'd say it's more rational to accept on evidence that he's been a poor President based on the facts of his Presidency than it is to brand him a failure because he's a Democrat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #127
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    There's a big difference between rtaionally accepting that Obama is a sub par President (which I do) and buying into every criticism the right throws at him whether it's rational or not.

    In fact, I'd say it's more rational to accept on evidence that he's been a poor President based on the facts of his Presidency than it is to brand him a failure because he's a Democrat.

    'Tis a fine straw man.

  8. #128
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Nope. It was more a fact-finding trip than a string of 18th Century version of photo-ops. Do you think that last Obama bus tour he did did not involve a massive amount of logistical support with them leap-frogging agents and equipment all along the way so that he was never not inside a rolling secure perimeter?
    Of course it did. That's the trappings of a modern Presidency. Before Lincoln, there was no
    Secret Service because nobody could even fathom the idea that someone would want to kill the President.

    The Presidency was a different beast in Washington's day. There was no 24 hour news channel. There were no photographers following you at every step. And Washington went on his trip without, in the words od Spiro Agnew, the Knattering nabobs of negativism" criticzing him for using our precious oxygen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #129
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    'Tis a fine straw man.
    At which point did I build a false argument to tear down?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    I would say a trip to future economic powers is not a waste of money but is crucial.
    And the wife and kiddies must come because?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •