Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Putin: Didn’t feel isolated, not all G8 leaders agree Assad used chemical weapons

  1. #81
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The website appears normal. Nonetheless, "trust.org" is haha.
    So a news organization is how it appears haha


  2. #82
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So a news organization is how it appears haha
    I generally dig a bit deeper and expect considerably more verification. That this supposedly involved Al N, and not the forces supported by the West, only makes the use of ~"truth.org" more ridiculous.

  3. #83
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    \That this supposedly involved Al N, and not the forces supported by the West, only makes the use of ~"truth.org" more ridiculous.
    Well saying that the source did claim that.. I dont see your point..


  4. #84
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well saying that the source did claim that.. I dont see your point..
    I'm not surprised.

  5. #85
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    What on earth are you on about? Something about me having 175 posts that makes me familiar with this site? And something about a remark about a member, uh, ....................... I secretly know some member?






    I think it was him who said that Pelletiere had forgot about what happened or something like that. That's definitely a waste of everybody's time. But if it works for you then run with it!



    More than anything you are demonstrating frustration at the fact that the allegations of chem/bio weapons by Assad have no basis in fact. And it appears that a reference to Del Ponte is doubly unsettling for you and your agenda. But I'm willing to work with you on it if you want to. I could find lots of references to the UN's Del Ponte saying that the use of the gas evidence was leaning toward it being used by the terrorists. Could you keep it together long enough to explor even that a little further?
    Dude, you have the opinion of one ex-CIA agent against many credible organizations, including the United Nations, which you had formerly described as being credible. Anyway, let me put his claim to the test.

    I should begin by pointing out that he provided little evidence for his claim other than him saying that he was in a position to know those things, and referencing confidential intelligence documents. There's no way to confirm or refute his claims without also being privy to that information. He only discussed the actual attack in a few sentences, the rest was basically calling the US government liars and the American people gullible.

    Then, I should raise a Joost Hiltermann, head researcher of Human Rights Watch, who in a fairly anti-US article argues that Iraqi and Kurdish sources indicate Iraqi responsibility.

    Here Pelletiere says:

    The condition of the dead Kurds' bodies, however, indicated they had been killed with a blood agent - that is, a cyanide-based gas - which Iran was known to use. The Iraqis, who are thought to have used mustard gas in the battle, are not known to have possessed blood agents at the time.
    Actually, most of those taken to hospitals in Tehran were exposed to mustard gas. Survivors described the smell as fruity, which is closer to tabun, a nerve agent that Iraq had used in the battle, than to any blood agent.

    If I may add, Halabja is not the only incident of Iraqi genocide against the Kurds, nor is the Kurdish genocide the only blemish on Saddam's resume, others being oil-for-food, Marsh Arab genocide, tyranny, and his wars of aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  6. #86
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not surprised.
    Ok...


  7. #87
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ok...
    Okie Dokie!

  8. #88
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

    Maybe Putin was so comfortable because he had that Super Bowl Ring.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •