Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 491 to 497 of 497

Thread: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And don't we now have another decision?
    For Arizona. The ruling I'm referring to was for Indiana I believe.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    For Arizona. The ruling I'm referring to was for Indiana I believe.
    The SC speaks for the country, right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Put away the high horse, Madison has been rolling in his grave for almost two centuries now. The country he and the founders envisioned bears only passing resemblence to what it's become.
    I'm high but don't own a horse.

  4. #494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The SC speaks for the country, right?
    They only struck down the Arizona law though. And I can't understand how anyone cannot get an ID. What a cop out. My 17 year old has one because he needed one to work.

  5. #495
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    They only struck down the Arizona law though. And I can't understand how anyone cannot get an ID. What a cop out. My 17 year old has one because he needed one to work.
    Whether you understand it or not isn't the point. The fact is legal voters do struggle and the effort to correct a problem they can't prove exists was meant as voter suppression. There have been clips of republicans saying just that,

    but before I go extreme over something, spending money to change a law, Iwant to see evidence of a problem.

    As for the SC, didn't they give an opinion? Didn't it address the lack of proof of a problem?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whether you understand it or not isn't the point. The fact is legal voters do struggle and the effort to correct a problem they can't prove exists was meant as voter suppression. There have been clips of republicans saying just that,

    but before I go extreme over something, spending money to change a law, Iwant to see evidence of a problem.

    As for the SC, didn't they give an opinion? Didn't it address the lack of proof of a problem?
    I think it should be up to the states. The federal government can't and doesn't do it's job well at all. The federal government is a huge bureaucratic mess. It isn't even aware of what it's own departments are up to and is completely incapable, which they prove to us time and time again. Leave it to the feds to check voters with their easily forged forms and documents. Great idea.

  7. #497
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voter ID citizenship law

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think it should be up to the states. The federal government can't and doesn't do it's job well at all. The federal government is a huge bureaucratic mess. It isn't even aware of what it's own departments are up to and is completely incapable, which they prove to us time and time again. Leave it to the feds to check voters with their easily forged forms and documents. Great idea.
    Looking at some of the states, the same can be said about them. But the states law didn't hold up. That's a legal issue. And feel free to prove there is a significant issue with voter fraud.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •