Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 268

Thread: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases [W:127]

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What does the following say to you?
    Already covered in #14.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    It shows the IRS was deliberately targeting political opponents of the current administration. Pretty much the kind of thing the 1st amendment is supposed to protect us from.
    If in fact the targeting was done against the so-called opponents of the admin., the baggers, then the reason for that is that they were the law breakers. And no matter how much the rabid right wiggles and dances, the eventual outcome will go to substantiate that , and the last few drops will go down your pants.

  3. #73
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "The new acting IRS commissioner Daniel Werfel acknowledged that the agency betrayed the public trust when, for about 18 months beginning in 2010, it targeted conservative groups applying for status as "social welfare" organizations".

    It was done, they admit it, and it was done during an election campaign as well. The FBI are investigating as to how deep it goes. That's the only mystery remaining but the culpability of the IRS is now officially established.
    There has been nothing that connects this to the Obama administration. NOTHING!

  4. #74
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    If in fact the targeting was done against the so-called opponents of the admin., the baggers, then the reason for that is that they were the law breakers. And no matter how much the rabid right wiggles and dances, the eventual outcome will go to substantiate that , and the last few drops will go down your pants.
    I disagree, there is nothing that shows the conservatives were breaking the law. The problem was the IRS just didn't know how to handle them.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Something to remember as this scandal & the others make their way
    inexorably to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue ...


  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    If in fact the targeting was done against the so-called opponents of the admin
    so many words, so few facts

    irs internal review, independent of tigta: "significant problems," "substantial bias"

    Internal IRS probe cited same problems with approach to conservative groups in May 2012 - The Washington Post

    hence, the criminal probe

    nancy marks is a racist

    LOL!

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    so many words, so few facts

    irs internal review, independent of tigta: "significant problems," "substantial bias"

    Internal IRS probe cited same problems with approach to conservative groups in May 2012 - The Washington Post

    hence, the criminal probe

    nancy marks is a racist

    LOL!
    I've made my point and so maybe it's time I left you in your own little fantasy world to stew in your own juices for a while. If the situation applies with any Obama haters out there, it's worth saying that there are self help groups in existence who work with people to help them get over their racist tendencies. Granted, most die and rot away without ever changing but some do make it back from the edge.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    to help them get over their racist tendencies
    LOL!

    tell it to jonathan karl

  9. #79
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "On Monday, the new acting IRS commissioner Daniel Werfel acknowledged that the agency betrayed the public trust when, for about 18 months beginning in 2010, it targeted conservative groups applying for status as "social welfare" organizations".

    There is no doubt what happened. None.

    Conservative leaders detail IRS harassment - CBS News
    "Targeted" It's always "targeted", because that sounds so much more dramatic than "made the groups fill out forms and did a thorough investigation of, just like the law requires it to".
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why, nothing at all if you support the authoritarian targeting of political opponents in an election cycle, then lying about your involvement when found out...Heh, heh....Look who I am telling, of course that is the order of the day for progressives....ACORN, Soros, S.O.S. project, the dead peoples vote, Ballots in trunks....etc....Now, revealed bringing the power, and force of the federal government to bear against your political opponents, progressives never fail to make the jaw drop as to how far they go, or how dishonest they will be about what they do.
    The fact that only conservative groups were targeted for additional.scrutiny is particularly damning.

    Oh wait....
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •