Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 268

Thread: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases [W:127]

  1. #241
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Thats just it Pete. I dont have to.

    I keep driving at the idea of culture. Obama crafted a culture in his administration of politics over ethics. Your own words pointed that out, liberals only think they are capable of acting in the public interest. Political targeting was allowed because it wasnt believed to be political.

    I cant even imagine a group of conservatives crafting the same policy and acting in the same way towards liberals, they know they would be caught, they know the fallout that would happen.

    The ethics system failed, the higher ups failed, you hold Obama responsible because hes the boss. Because the culture is HIS responsibility, because the people that were supposed to prevent such a thing were HIS handpicked people. Now hes impeding the investigation. Ethics, Pete, ethics.
    More of your partisan Bull****...

  2. #242
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    More of your partisan Bull****...
    You DONT think its the Presidents responsibility to make sure the IRS doesnt target his political enemies?

  3. #243
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of..._United_States

    Cmon Pete, you are really grasping at straws.
    You want to hold President Obama accountable for something he knew nothing about, yet you are willing to dismiss the fact that President Bush possibly knew something... that members of his inner circle gave reporters classified information.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Fair enough, but prove President Obama used the IRS against his political opponents beyond your partisan BS. Otherwise, I'm done with you.
    means motive and opportunity gives any one the right to make a logical speculation that it is likely he is involved. only the ones so drunk on the Obama Koolaid they are not able to connect the dots

  5. #245
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You want to hold President Obama accountable for something he knew nothing about, yet you are willing to dismiss the fact that President Bush possibly knew something... that members of his inner circle gave reporters classified information.
    I see the moral hazards as being different as well as the investigations, the reactions to them and the ethics involved towards both investigations.

  6. #246
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    means motive and opportunity gives any one the right to make a logical speculation that it is likely he is involved. only the ones so drunk on the Obama Koolaid they are not able to connect the dots
    Hey, free speech give you the right to say almost anything, that doesn't mean it's correct. And I'm not the one drinking the Koolaid, it's the partisan folks on the right drinking it. You might have the motive and means to seal merchandise from a store, that doesn't mean you are a suspect unless you are watch Perry Mason.

    Hard evidence, Hard evidence.

  7. #247
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    I see the moral hazards as being different as well as the investigations, the reactions to them and the ethics involved towards both investigations.
    The fact that Valerie Plame's identity was leaked could have gotten someone killed.

  8. #248
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You DONT think its the Presidents responsibility to make sure the IRS doesnt target his political enemies?
    I think its his responsibility is to make sure all the departments under him do their job ethically. What happened at the IRS appears to me to be nothing more than a giant screw up, especially since the manager is a self described conservative Republican. He should remove anyone who has put politics in their job.

    IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer - Toledo Blade

  9. #249
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The fact that Valerie Plame's identity was leaked could have gotten someone killed.
    Thats your opinion. And you should take more away from my comment than further attempts to derail this thread.

  10. #250
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I think its his responsibility is to make sure all the departments under him do their job ethically. What happened at the IRS appears to me to be nothing more than a giant screw up, especially since the manager is a self described conservative Republican. He should remove anyone who has put politics in their job.

    IRS targeting linked to Republican staffer - Toledo Blade
    Like his own Counsel? Who knew about it and according to your narrative, didnt inform him.
    Like Lois Lerner? Who has shown partisan based ethical issues before?
    Why are we supposed to believe this was limited to one department?

    God Pete, I just want more information released, emails and such that show who was talking to who and what information were they conveying. You may be convinced we have the whole story, I am not. There are too many holes about where information went in DC and how high up it went. And the administration has been less than forthcoming with that info.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •