Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 268

Thread: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases [W:127]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    "Targeted" It's always "targeted", because that sounds so much more dramatic than "made the groups fill out forms and did a thorough investigation of, just like the law requires it to".
    It was the word used by the acting IRS director Daniel Werfel. If you feel his choice of words was wrong then so be it, but 'targeted' seems to be the appropriate word here because that's what they did.

  2. #92
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The IRS has openly admitted that they were involved in targeting Conservative groups for 18 months, which included the last Presidential election. It is not yet been proven, or claimed, that anyone in the Obama White House was directly involved.

    However, you should read this. Every American and every interested party should read it. It is by Pulitzer Prize winning author George Will, who is very well respected by both sides and not given to rabble-rousing.

    Scowling Face of the State
    Yeah, so he wants blame progressives for the problems? Sorry, I'm not buying his line on this one.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yeah, so he wants blame progressives for the problems? Sorry, I'm not buying his line on this one.
    Since when has George Will had the respect of the left?

  4. #94
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Since when has George Will had the respect of the left?
    Never, but occasionally he bashes the Republicans.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Never, but occasionally he bashes the Republicans.
    You're right, but the repub party is so divided that even Rove bashes some factions of it. And that's the way it needs to stay too. Sarah Palin for president! LOL.

    And Rand Paul, the little racist from tucky for vp!
    Yup, they're really starting to get it together now!

  6. #96
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases


    what was it liar Cummings said again?
    "Washington's involvement in the IRS scandal were "unsubstantiated,"

    What was it that Issa said?
    "Washington was involved"

    by the way Holly Paz is a registered Democrat who donated $4,000 to the Obama campaign in 2008
    I've been wondering about this....

    “Another week, another leak from Chairman [Darrell] Issa of cherry-picked excerpts that show no White House involvement whatsoever in the identification and screening of these cases,” said Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the Oversight panel, in a statement to POLITICO.

    Cummings spent the past week battling committee Chairman Darrell Issa, accusing the California Republican of cherry picking bits and pieces of transcripts for release to support his argument.

    Cummings is threatening to release the transcripts of other interviews conducted by the committee. He’s especially eager to make public an interview with a self-identified conservative IRS manager in Cincinnati who said employees there began scrutinizing tea party tax-exempt applications.

    Issa has warned Cummings that a broad release of interview transcripts has the potential to hobble the committee’s probe, but Cummings contends that it’s “more reckless to leak cherry-picked excerpts that omit key details and hide the full truth.”

    The transcripts — and the fact that they were chosen for release — is a clear sign that congressional staffers are turning their sights to Paz.

    Hill focuses on D.C. IRS official Holly Paz - POLITICO.com Print View

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yeah, so he wants blame progressives for the problems? Sorry, I'm not buying his line on this one.
    No, and all the evidence in the world won't convince, even when the leadership admits to its failures. It has stopped being political and has become religious. It's the Jim Jones syndrome.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I've been wondering about this....

    “Another week, another leak from Chairman [Darrell] Issa of cherry-picked excerpts that show no White House involvement whatsoever in the identification and screening of these cases,” said Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the Oversight panel, in a statement to POLITICO.

    Cummings spent the past week battling committee Chairman Darrell Issa, accusing the California Republican of cherry picking bits and pieces of transcripts for release to support his argument.

    Cummings is threatening to release the transcripts of other interviews conducted by the committee. He’s especially eager to make public an interview with a self-identified conservative IRS manager in Cincinnati who said employees there began scrutinizing tea party tax-exempt applications.

    Issa has warned Cummings that a broad release of interview transcripts has the potential to hobble the committee’s probe, but Cummings contends that it’s “more reckless to leak cherry-picked excerpts that omit key details and hide the full truth.”

    The transcripts — and the fact that they were chosen for release — is a clear sign that congressional staffers are turning their sights to Paz.

    Hill focuses on D.C. IRS official Holly Paz - POLITICO.com Print View
    What is your point here?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I've been wondering about this....

    “Another week, another leak from Chairman [Darrell] Issa of cherry-picked excerpts that show no White House involvement whatsoever in the identification and screening of these cases,” said Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the Oversight panel, in a statement to POLITICO.

    Cummings spent the past week battling committee Chairman Darrell Issa, accusing the California Republican of cherry picking bits and pieces of transcripts for release to support his argument.

    Cummings is threatening to release the transcripts of other interviews conducted by the committee. He’s especially eager to make public an interview with a self-identified conservative IRS manager in Cincinnati who said employees there began scrutinizing tea party tax-exempt applications.

    Issa has warned Cummings that a broad release of interview transcripts has the potential to hobble the committee’s probe, but Cummings contends that it’s “more reckless to leak cherry-picked excerpts that omit key details and hide the full truth.”

    The transcripts — and the fact that they were chosen for release — is a clear sign that congressional staffers are turning their sights to Paz.

    Hill focuses on D.C. IRS official Holly Paz - POLITICO.com Print View
    Cummings is a bought-and-paid-for Obama sycophant. Ex-Chairman of the CBC, he doesn't give two craps about the truth.

    Look at the lengths that the Dems and the Press went for Valerie Plame, where no original crime was committed. None.

    Hypocrite bastards <spit>

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    It shows the IRS was deliberately targeting political opponents of the current administration. Pretty much the kind of thing the 1st amendment is supposed to protect us from.
    Yeah, why was the Republican operative in the Cincinnati office focusing on tea bagger organizations? Either he wanted to foment a fake scandal or he was trying to protect GOP electoral hopes from tea party lunacy. Either way, it looks bad for the GOP.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •