Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

  1. #21
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    There's nowhere I won't go with this discussion, other than foolish oneliners that waste my time as well as the time of others. If you wish to get into some detail with that then go right ahead.

    But don't you think it's a bit of a copout from discussing the immediate issues? I mean, how far back do you think we can go with placing blame. And then, when we're both happy with placing blame, does it change the situation on the ground in which Americans are putting themselves at ever increasing risk to ongoing future revenge attacks fraom aggrieved people of the ME?

    Act like a libertarian as you claim to be and stop trying to avoid the truth.
    No dispute is 100% one-sided, and the Arab-Israeli conflict is no exception. I would never claim that Israel is blameless or that the Arabs have no grievances. Having said that, however, I regard it indisputable that the conflict can be settled if and when the various Arab groups actually reconcile themselves to a Jewish state within their midst. Until that day, nada.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    No dispute is 100% one-sided, and the Arab-Israeli conflict is no exception. I would never claim that Israel is blameless or that the Arabs have no grievances. Having said that, however, I regard it indisputable that the conflict can be settled if and when the various Arab groups actually reconcile themselves to a Jewish state within their midst. Until that day, nada.
    And I submit that has already happened. Why not start by using the quote from Ahmadinejad but before you do take the time to find out what he really said. I would also remind you that Israel remains in violation of numerous UN resolutions and especially most damning, it's insistence to continue to occupy Palestinian lands and to further illegal expansion.

    While this dispute has not always been one-sided, it is now. Israel is completely and totally to blame with the ongoing problems. But you have to also understand that Israel has definite plans for further expansion of it's lands at the expense of the Palestinian people. And soon it will stretch further.

    So let's talk solutions because that's what is in your best interests. Do you agree with what your Ron Paul has stated on the issues of the ME and America's policies?

  3. #23
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    And I submit that has already happened. Why not start by using the quote from Ahmadinejad but before you do take the time to find out what he really said. I would also remind you that Israel remains in violation of numerous UN resolutions and especially most damning, it's insistence to continue to occupy Palestinian lands and to further illegal expansion.

    While this dispute has not always been one-sided, it is now. Israel is completely and totally to blame with the ongoing problems. But you have to also understand that Israel has definite plans for further expansion of it's lands at the expense of the Palestinian people. And soon it will stretch further.

    So let's talk solutions because that's what is in your best interests. Do you agree with what your Ron Paul has stated on the issues of the ME and America's policies?
    One cannot argue in good faith that anyone in the Arab world outside of the Egyptians and the Jordanians has done any such thing. And, guess what, Israel signed peace treaties with them. Your claim that the Iranian regime accepts Israel's existence is preposterous.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    One cannot argue in good faith that anyone in the Arab world outside of the Egyptians and the Jordanians has done any such thing. And, guess what, Israel signed peace treaties with them. Your claim that the Iranian regime accepts Israel's existence is preposterous.
    If you want to stick with a dogmatic agenda then this isn't going to go anywhere. If you want to try to discuss solutions for America then that's what I'm trying to get going here.

    For example, Syria has no ambitions to be at war with Israel and the US and for that reason it has made peace overtures to both Israel and the US. You have to come to the understanding that Israel is not interested in peace with any country as long as they have their proxy bully pulpit to rely upon. If that was taken away, as it inevitably eventually will be, Israel has the military might to stand on it's own. No nation, nuclear armed or not, is going to wage an attack on another nuclear armed nation. That has never happened and likely won't happen in the foreseeable future, unless it's the US and Israel attacking Iran with tactical nuclear weapons. Border scurmishes will continue to happen but they will be understandably reactions to aggressions of the other side.

    A UN peacekeeping force could end this in an instance and so why hasn't that been allowed to happen?

    Oh, and what did Ahmadinejad 'really' say? Do you have the interest to at least find out the truth on that?

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The Israelis aren't stupid - a moderate cleric elected to a figurehead position in a theocracy is not exactly a "new dawn" in Irani governance. The guy's had what, two/three days in office and already you want to start beating down on the Israelis as if Gandhi and MLK took over in Iran. Let's see some tangible changes in Iran in the next year - for starters, let's see them put a hold on nuclear power development - then we can start talking peace. I'll believe it when I see it.
    As a man who has laid behind many a fully automatic weapon waiting for what the 'new dawn' might bring I attest to the fact it isn't a light switch. The new dawn is timid with a period called the gloom where shadows move and lesser souls quail at imagined bad guys coming for them. The new dawn is a period that can try lesser souls, but the light will come. A moderate cleric is a new dawn, but it can be the same ****, different day- only time and patience will tell.

    Now if I recall history, MLK and Gandhi were not seen as MLK and Gandhi in their day, but commies, and malcontents. And Israel is not without sin. The Current PM's brother was a fallen hero to the State of Israel, BiBi is more like a dead hero's coattail riding Cheney, who had other priorities in a nation that traditionally sees a very high percentage of male military service.

    So BiBi doesn't inspire me to follow him anywhere but perhaps the snack bar, n he better be buying.

  6. #26
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    If you want to stick with a dogmatic agenda then this isn't going to go anywhere. If you want to try to discuss solutions for America then that's what I'm trying to get going here.

    For example, Syria has no ambitions to be at war with Israel and the US and for that reason it has made peace overtures to both Israel and the US. You have to come to the understanding that Israel is not interested in peace with any country as long as they have their proxy bully pulpit to rely upon. If that was taken away, as it inevitably eventually will be, Israel has the military might to stand on it's own. No nation, nuclear armed or not, is going to wage an attack on another nuclear armed nation. That has never happened and likely won't happen in the foreseeable future, unless it's the US and Israel attacking Iran with tactical nuclear weapons. Border scurmishes will continue to happen but they will be understandably reactions to aggressions of the other side.

    A UN peacekeeping force could end this in an instance and so why hasn't that been allowed to happen?

    Oh, and what did Ahmadinejad 'really' say? Do you have the interest to at least find out the truth on that?
    This isn't going anywhere.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    His power comes from the fact that he has envisioned a policy of fairness in the ME and that is not siding with the Zionist agenda. So call it what you like, but as you do you just further betray the fact that what I say is true and it's driving the right in the US crazy. It's a part of the Obama hate, the relevant part that is so ornery to not go away and die somewhere.

    But thank you for your remark here. It's just exactly what I was hoping for because it doesn't take an IQ any higher than room temperature to understand that you made my point for me.

    edit: Oh, and 'answers to the Ayatollah'?
    Well pal, it's your credibility to throw away, not mine!
    All hail, Iran has a theocratic moderate. Everyone bow to him and all of Iran's wishes.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    As a man who has laid behind many a fully automatic weapon waiting for what the 'new dawn' might bring I attest to the fact it isn't a light switch. The new dawn is timid with a period called the gloom where shadows move and lesser souls quail at imagined bad guys coming for them. The new dawn is a period that can try lesser souls, but the light will come. A moderate cleric is a new dawn, but it can be the same ****, different day- only time and patience will tell.

    Now if I recall history, MLK and Gandhi were not seen as MLK and Gandhi in their day, but commies, and malcontents. And Israel is not without sin. The Current PM's brother was a fallen hero to the State of Israel, BiBi is more like a dead hero's coattail riding Cheney, who had other priorities in a nation that traditionally sees a very high percentage of male military service.

    So BiBi doesn't inspire me to follow him anywhere but perhaps the snack bar, n he better be buying.
    Ahhh, a knowing voice from the wilderness. Of course the correct approach is to give their new leader a chance and there will be lots of time to condemn him if he doesn't show promise. But of course you do understand how that approach is so dangerous to Israel.

    In my opinion it is absolutely for Israel's future plans to keep it hot with Iran. And in fact, understanding that doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand that Syria is only a stepping stone to Iran.

    So how politically correct are you going to have to keep it here? Very? Or not at all?

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Ahhh, a knowing voice from the wilderness. Of course the correct approach is to give their new leader a chance and there will be lots of time to condemn him if he doesn't show promise. But of course you do understand how that approach is so dangerous to Israel. In my opinion it is absolutely for Israel's future plans to keep it hot with Iran. And in fact, understanding that doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand that Syria is only a stepping stone to Iran. So how politically correct are you going to have to keep it here? Very? Or not at all?
    Wrong place to do much discussing of the ME. I'll just say Israel has far less of a threat from Iran than it does it's own policies. Syria will be a hot rock for Shia forces to try and leap for. Useful distraction at best.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: He Will Always Side With War Instead of Taking a Positive Position.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Wrong place to do much discussing of the ME. I'll just say Israel has far less of a threat from Iran than it does it's own policies. Syria will be a hot rock for Shia forces to try and leap for. Useful distraction at best.
    What's wrong with this place to discuss ME topics? This was breaking news when I posted it. Are you suggesting that the ME needs to be separated from breaking news. I would suggest that to relegate something so important as this topic about Zionism's destructive forces on the US to the background noise would be nothing but a censorship of what's most important to a political discussion forum.

    Let's not go there. In fact, why not join me in bringing the ME breaking news to this section where it obviously belongs, along with all other breaking news?

    As to your comments that were on topic: Of course war in Syria between any factions is in Israel's best interests. US led war throughout the ME, in any country, is in Israel's best interests. I don't need to explain that to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •