Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Chicago has some of the strongest gun control laws in the country.


    Seven people were killed and at least 30 others were shot in violence that plagued Chicago over Father's Day weekend.

    Six of the fatalities and 11 other shootings occurred overnight Saturday leading into Father's Day, including the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy.



    Source: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    In New York too, when will liberals realize more gun control equals more severe crime


    Five people shot in the Bronx, Staten Island and Queens over 21-minute span


    Read more: Five people shot in the Bronx, Staten Island and Queens over 21-minute span - NY Daily News

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Chicago has some of the strongest gun control laws in the country.


    Seven people were killed and at least 30 others were shot in violence that plagued Chicago over Father's Day weekend.

    Six of the fatalities and 11 other shootings occurred overnight Saturday leading into Father's Day, including the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy.



    Source: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago
    It would be great if both sides of this debate stopped pointing to things that that are irrelevant. For example most of the shootings in Chicago are gang on gang. No gun control bill would stop that, just as no bill will stop crazy people from doing crazy things. That is not to say we can strengthen controls in a logical way and prevent some incidents.

  4. #4
    Student braymoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Last Seen
    04-22-15 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    173

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    It would be great if both sides of this debate stopped pointing to things that that are irrelevant. For example most of the shootings in Chicago are gang on gang. No gun control bill would stop that, just as no bill will stop crazy people from doing crazy things. That is not to say we can strengthen controls in a logical way and prevent some incidents.
    That would be a good idea if everyone could decide on a logical way to prevent these incidents. But unfortunately one side will disagree with the other and we will get no where. Just like we have since the gun laws have started.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Gang wars have made one of our biggest cities into a war zone, and we're fighting over gun control?

    Gun control doesn't work. Gangs don't care what the gun laws are. That much is obvious, or should be by now.

    So, what does work? How do we get rid of gangs, or can we? What is it that keeps them going and encourages people to become involved in them?

    This is a serious question, and is not limited to Chicago or New York. We have a terrible gang problem right here in River City, as it were. Gangs are active all over the country.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    01-12-14 @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,329

    7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence [ Chiraq ]

    By Alexandria Fisher
    June 16 2013


    Seven people were killed and at least 30 others were shot in violence that plagued Chicago over Father's Day weekend.

    Six of the fatalities and 11 other shootings occurred overnight Saturday leading into Father's Day, including the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy.

    On the Southwest Side, five people were shot, one fatally, in two shootings in the Little Village neighborhood.


    (Excerpt)

    Read more;
    7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

    Obama retreated from Iraq and see what is happening there today. Whoops, I thought this was about Iraq, It's about Chicago. No difference, we'll soon be hearing of IED's going off on the South Side. Heck they're even killing just outside Obama's house.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence [ Chiraq ]

    The murder rate in Chicago is almost 60% of what it was in 1994.
    Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It did drop a good 15% after the Heller Decision tossed Chicago's lame
    anti gun acts against its population. Its only "news" today because of
    ofailure and it being his "home" town.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wehrwolfen View Post
    By Alexandria Fisher
    June 16 2013


    Seven people were killed and at least 30 others were shot in violence that plagued Chicago over Father's Day weekend.

    Six of the fatalities and 11 other shootings occurred overnight Saturday leading into Father's Day, including the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy.

    On the Southwest Side, five people were shot, one fatally, in two shootings in the Little Village neighborhood.


    (Excerpt)

    Read more;
    7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence | NBC Chicago

    Obama retreated from Iraq and see what is happening there today. Whoops, I thought this was about Iraq, It's about Chicago. No difference, we'll soon be hearing of IED's going off on the South Side. Heck they're even killing just outside Obama's house.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Gang wars have made one of our biggest cities into a war zone, and we're fighting over gun control?

    Gun control doesn't work. Gangs don't care what the gun laws are. That much is obvious, or should be by now.

    So, what does work? How do we get rid of gangs, or can we? What is it that keeps them going and encourages people to become involved in them?

    This is a serious question, and is not limited to Chicago or New York. We have a terrible gang problem right here in River City, as it were. Gangs are active all over the country.
    What works. Neighborhoods cooperating with police to remove criminals from the streets. People taking responsibility for themselves, their children and their neighborhoods by fighting back. Prison sentences and punishments that actually meant something.

    I would say more prosperity, but hell, good jobs are leaving, not coming, so we will probably start seeing more and more neighborhoods with this kind of crap going on.

    What they need to do is get a bunch of Rednecks to come over, drink some beer, have a Bar-B-Que and point out the bad boys. Then let the Rednecks show the locals how to "get're done".
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence

    Moderator's Warning:
    7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence Threads merged.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    01-12-14 @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,329

    Re: 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Weekend Violence [ Chiraq ]

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    The murder rate in Chicago is almost 60% of what it was in 1994.
    Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It did drop a good 15% after the Heller Decision tossed Chicago's lame
    anti gun acts against its population. Its only "news" today because of
    ofailure and it being his "home" town.
    That must be the reason Obama has not gone back to visit his home lately. Then again that $35 million dollar home built in Hawaii must be just something the press likes talking about. Seems that Mrs. Robinson is all for the move to Hawaii, she may have to wait a while though. I understand that Dems in both houses of congress are seeking to do away with term limits.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •