Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

  1. #101
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You don't fool me with your pseudo intellectual bs, save it for another. The fact that you sling a bunch of disjointed terms out there to prove your science "creds" then turn around and **** all over scientists is hilarious.

    Scientists are the closest thing we have to paragons of accuracy and knowledge... do you disagree? The very definition of a real scientist is somebody who searches for knowledge, for the truth.

    But this is inconvenient to your agenda, so you have to ad hominem scientists, especially climate scientists... pathetic. Oooh but you say geologists know, they know the truth, and the truth is that we don't know enough. You go back and forth so many times its ridiculous. Can we trust scientists or not?

    This all leads up to your last ad hominem that I'm just a weakling that needs scientists as my god to blindly follow.

    This is all rehashed crap you've assembled and slinged at me. I'm done arguing with you silly folks about this. If you want to have a real discussion, I suggest you take an introductory course in integrated science.
    Been there, done that and have a BS degree, yours? It's obvious you need to take your own advice seriously. Ditch the cult reverence and learn to understand what we do know of the system right now. Do that and it will be clear to you that the AGW marketing arm is not giving you the straight poop.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, so your argument is, the slow down in global warming is a part of global warming?

    Can you possibly imagine how your sound?
    How does the "slow down" sound in the face of the past decade being the warmest on record?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #103
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    How does the "slow down" sound in the face of the past decade being the warmest on record?
    I can answer that.
    The gov't wants to say the Global Warming data is inconclusive and it's not our fault.
    Corporate says that we have paid scientists to say that Global Warming is not supported by our data, and it's not our fault.
    Big Energy pays $10,000 for each paper by a Phd that suggests Global Warming is not real, and it's not our fault.
    Chemical corporations can also pay for Engineers who will state Global Warming data is incomplete, and it's not our fault.
    Universities supported by grants from Energy, Chemical, Financial or Corporate benefactors will direct research to support the Grantors requests, and it's not our fault.
    The 99% of scientists who acknowledge Global Warming as real went to lesser non-corporate grantor Institutions, and it's the fault of the preceding four and subsequent two.
    The Gov't influenced Media will act as stenographers for gov't and corporate who pay their bills, and it's not their fault.
    The Military will spout whatever line the political power in charge dictates, word for word, and it's not their fault.
    Sounds like logic and reason will not be required this season, eh?
    Last edited by DaveFagan; 06-24-13 at 12:13 AM.

  4. #104
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    How does the "slow down" sound in the face of the past decade being the warmest on record?
    How far back does the "record" that you speak of go?

    Who's numbers are you relying on?

    Look Ditto, responsible people don't go around claiming "hottest on record", they show the data....What is the rise in temp? .0002 of 1 degree?

    Yeah, talk to the hand.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I can answer that.
    The gov't wants to say the Global Warming data is inconclusive and it's not our fault.
    Corporate says that we have paid scientists to say that Global Warming is not supported by our data, and it's not our fault.
    Big Energy pays $10,000 for each paper by a Phd that suggests Global Warming is not real, and it's not our fault.
    Chemical corporations can also pay for Engineers who will state Global Warming data is incomplete, and it's not our fault.
    Universities supported by grants from Energy, Chemical, Financial or Corporate benefactors will direct research to support the Grantors requests, and it's not our fault.
    The 99% of scientists who acknowledge Global Warming as real went to lesser non-corporate grantor Institutions, and it's the fault of the preceding four and subsequent two.
    The Gov't influenced Media will act as stenographers for gov't and corporate who pay their bills, and it's not their fault.
    The Military will spout whatever line the political power in charge dictates, word for word, and it's not their fault.
    Sounds like logic and reason will not be required this season, eh?
    You exhale that evil Co2 while doing nothing but spewing propaganda...You should think about that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How far back does the "record" that you speak of go?

    Who's numbers are you relying on?

    Look Ditto, responsible people don't go around claiming "hottest on record", they show the data....What is the rise in temp? .0002 of 1 degree?

    Yeah, talk to the hand.
    Let me google that for you

  7. #107
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You exhale that evil Co2 while doing nothing but spewing propaganda...You should think about that.
    I am the one that is thinking!

  8. #108
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yeah, every link on page one of that query has an agenda supporting the rabid claims of AGW religious nuts.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #109
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I am the one that is thinking!
    Or not.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #110
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How far back does the "record" that you speak of go?

    Who's numbers are you relying on?

    Look Ditto, responsible people don't go around claiming "hottest on record", they show the data....What is the rise in temp? .0002 of 1 degree?

    Yeah, talk to the hand.
    I have been.
    Hands don't listen so well.

    Warmest decade on record

    For the first time, and in a single compelling comparison, the analysis brings together multiple observational records from the top of the atmosphere to the depths of the ocean,” said Jane Lubchenco, Ph.D., under secretary of commerce for oceans and atmosphere and NOAA administrator. “The records come from many institutions worldwide. They use data collected from diverse sources, including satellites, weather balloons, weather stations, ships, buoys and field surveys. These independently produced lines of evidence all point to the same conclusion: our planet is warming,”
    That's according to NOAA.

    Now, counter that with a blog written by someone with an agenda, but no scientific backing.

    Global warming did not end 15 years ago, period.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •