Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

  1. #91
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, gee thanks for the atomic bomb scientists! Other than that, you're wrong. Scientists/inventors develop/invent a lot of things that never see the light of day. A large part of the reason why that is, is it takes the business folks to bring it to market. The internet would be still just a couple of big iron implementations connected through copper if it hadn't been for the marketing and business folks.
    So I guess we need to bring in the business people and marketers to sell climate change to you?

    I just... I don't get some of you have the strangest arguments. Its like you're so desperate to contradict something you'll come up with the most bizarre "points".

  2. #92
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, so your argument is, the slow down in global warming is a part of global warming?

    Can you possibly imagine how your sound?
    You responded within 3 minutes of my post, you obviously read those links and carefully thought through it, right?

  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You responded within 3 minutes of my post, you obviously read those links and carefully thought through it, right?
    You mean, you weren't summarizing what the links say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #94
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean, you weren't summarizing what the links say?
    What?

    Look... the gist is we could be in a warming lull that will transition into a rapid warming trend in the not so distant future.

  5. #95
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    What?

    Look... the gist is we could be in a warming lull that will transition into a rapid warming trend in the not so distant future.
    We could just as easily not transition into a rapid warming trend. Are were really to push costly government regulations on the private sector on a maybe?

    Climate scientists have their own crystal balls now? They must, because their predictions so far have been all jacked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #96
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We could just as easily not transition into a rapid warming trend. Are were really to push costly government regulations on the private sector on a maybe?

    Climate scientists have their own crystal balls now? They must, because their predictions so far have been all jacked up.
    No, no we could not just as easily not transition into a rapid warming trend, the research says otherwise. Its not a maybe, its extremely likely. Yes, their crystal balls are their brains. Like I said its a bumpy road, if its too hard for you to understand you should probably walk away from it.

  7. #97
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    So I guess we need to bring in the business people and marketers to sell climate change to you?

    I just... I don't get some of you have the strangest arguments. Its like you're so desperate to contradict something you'll come up with the most bizarre "points".
    First, I've never argued against "climate change". We live on a geologically active planet within a radiologically active and varied solar system orbitting through an even more active galaxy. That's where we live, get used to it. In fact we are in a part of our stellar rotation that our species has never experienced before (a cosmic year is over 200 million years).

    The reason I rebutted your silly claim about scientists is that they are not the paragons of accuracy and knowledge you've built them up to be. The current state of climate science is nowhere close to being able to make the predictions and claims their MARKETING arm makes now. And make no mistake, AGW is being actively marketted to us now - and for political/monetary reasons.

    If you need the security blanket of having some patriarchal presense in your life, instead of choosing climate scientists, at least gain half an ounce of credibility and choose to blindly believe the geologists instead. Geologists will tell you they just don't know enough about the system to make these determinations yet.
    Last edited by clownboy; 06-23-13 at 07:43 PM.

  8. #98
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    No, no we could not just as easily not transition into a rapid warming trend, the research says otherwise. Its not a maybe, its extremely likely. Yes, their crystal balls are their brains. Like I said its a bumpy road, if its too hard for you to understand you should probably walk away from it.
    Then you don't seem to understand the basic fact that we are presently in a TEMPORARY warming period of an ice age. Just ONE supervolcanic eruption could spell the end to that warming period. Of the 6 known supervolcanoes at least three are "overdue" for eruption historically.

  9. #99
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    No, no we could not just as easily not transition into a rapid warming trend, the research says otherwise. Its not a maybe, its extremely likely. Yes, their crystal balls are their brains. Like I said its a bumpy road, if its too hard for you to understand you should probably walk away from it.

    I'm sure the citizens would like to do something/anything to mitigate Global Warming but the power structure of money and politicians profits handsomely from the status quo. Big money, Big politics, and Big energy, Big finance, and Big corporate all thrive by not changing. It will require a revolution to initiate the changes necessary just to slow down the ongoing debacle. It ain't complicated. If you don't turn down the heat in your domicile, it will get hotter.

  10. #100
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Climate talk shifts from curbing CO2 to adapting

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    First, I've never argued against "climate change". We live on a geologically active planet within a radiologically active and varied solar system orbitting through an even more active galaxy. That's where we live, get used to it. In fact we are in a part of our stellar rotation that our species has never experienced before (a cosmic year is over 200 million years).

    The reason I rebutted your silly claim about scientists is that they are not the paragons of accuracy and knowledge you've built them up to be. The current state of climate science is nowhere close to being able to make the predictions and claims their MARKETING arm makes now. And make no mistake, AGW isd being actively marketted to us now - and for political/monetary reasons.

    If you need the security blanket of having some patriarchal presense in your life, instead of choosing climate scientists, at least gain half an ounce of credibility and choose to blindly believe the geologists instead. Geologists will tell you they just don't know enough about the system to ake these determinations yet.
    You don't fool me with your pseudo intellectual bs, save it for another. The fact that you sling a bunch of disjointed terms out there to prove your science "creds" then turn around and **** all over scientists is hilarious.

    Scientists are the closest thing we have to paragons of accuracy and knowledge... do you disagree? The very definition of a real scientist is somebody who searches for knowledge, for the truth.

    But this is inconvenient to your agenda, so you have to ad hominem scientists, especially climate scientists... pathetic. Oooh but you say geologists know, they know the truth, and the truth is that we don't know enough. You go back and forth so many times its ridiculous. Can we trust scientists or not?

    This all leads up to your last ad hominem that I'm just a weakling that needs scientists as my god to blindly follow.

    This is all rehashed crap you've assembled and slinged at me. I'm done arguing with you silly folks about this. If you want to have a real discussion, I suggest you take an introductory course in integrated science.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •