Page 93 of 159 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #921
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    If you knew anything at all, you wouldn't be making such asinine claims and would know thatMarriage isn't defined by law, but only recognized by law.
    Wrong, and if you understood law and licensing, you wouldn't be making such dumb comments. When someone gets a marriage license, they need to fill out forms and fulfill certain requirements. Please show ANYWHERE where any of these requirements call for procreation. If you can't, then you have no position. Go.

    The court decision recognizes this fact but only when convenient, somehow imagining that recreation of marriage is a "state power" when States have no original jurisdiction over marriage, any more than the federal government does itself. It is a social structure, and neither the federal government, nor the states, are provided the authority to exercise social engineering to redesign it by their tyrannous dictate.
    We are talking about the legalities of marriage. THAT'S what this is about. In that case, the state certainly has the power to have jurisdiction over the licensing and legalities around marriage. THIS is the context that we are discussing. So... point us to anything that states that procreation is a requirement to get a marriage license, or where procreation has any legal standing in marriage. If you can't then your position is refuted. Go.

    This is precisely the sort of tyrannous government the founders sought to prohibit, and instituted into the Constitution.
    Oh, so now you are talking about legalities? Guess what? DOMA was struck down. You were wrong.

    This is the second time I've had to correct you on what's actually in the court decision you're pontificating about. That decision was nether hinging on state's rights, which no were nowhere denied, nor on the full faith and credit clause, which I've already indicated the court entirely ignored the impact of, so that it could condemn Congress' legitimate authority in writing DOMA!

    Yes, it is IN FACT the federal government's place to legislate and dictate "things like this", as this 'thing" is exclusively related to Federal ISSUES and FEDERAL LAW, and it is extremely asinine to assert otherwise.... but don't worry, you're actually surpassed by a corrupt and hypocritical Court, as I've already pointed out, but you are apparently incapable of addressing directly.

    Before you continue to expose your ignorance on this decision, why don't you actually go and read it, instead just pulling what you imagine might be in that decision, out of ...well, thin air.
    No, I am on target and you, of course were wrong, not only in the decision, but in pretty much everything you said about the Constitutionality of the issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #922
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As usual, there is nothing based on reality here.
    False, obviously.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The majority of the population supports SSM and it's growing.
    False again.

    The majority of American citizens supports recognition of SS couples' committed monagamous romantic relationship civil union domestic partnerships by both government and private enterprise.

    However, this majority is not a large one.

    And, only a small minority supports oxymoronically calling these civil union domestic partnerships "marriages".

    Of those who support SS couples' civil union domestic partnerships, a significant marjority of them prefer that a different name be used.

    And the minority that opposes SS couples' civil uion domestic partnerships by any name are adamantly opposed.

    That's reality.



    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The nice thing is, just like CT said, when people like you make really dumb and statements that are based on some extreme ideology,
    Now you're bashing a strawman and simply for the purpose of rabble-rousing.

    Meaningless .. and a failed debate tactic.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    most people see it for what it is;
    But .. not the way you think.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    nothing of consequence, just some ideologue screaming nonsense.
    That's precisely the description of your post here.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You are doing my side a great service... as usual.
    When casual readers pass this way, and they see all you're doing is denying the specific details of reality, and rabble-rousing ..

    .. And they see the thought and consideration and intelligence reflected in the details of my topically relevant posts, who do you think they're going to align with if they're on the fence?

    Uh huh .. that's right ...

    The only one doing his "side" a disservice here .. is you ..

    .. Obviously.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #923
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    False, obviously.
    In your opinion... which has nothing to do with facts.

    ]False again.

    The majority of American citizens supports recognition of SS couples' committed monagamous romantic relationship civil union domestic partnerships by both government and private enterprise.

    However, this majority is not a large one.

    And, only a small minority supports oxymoronically calling these civil union domestic partnerships "marriages".

    Of those who support SS couples' civil union domestic partnerships, a significant marjority of them prefer that a different name be used.

    And the minority that opposes SS couples' civil uion domestic partnerships by any name are adamantly opposed.

    That's reality.
    Please post links that prove this assertion.

    Now you're bashing a strawman and simply for the purpose of rabble-rousing.

    Meaningless .. and a failed debate tactic.
    No, I'm making an accurate assessment of what you posted. A tactic that is not for you, but for others who happen to read you. Based on how people respond to you, it's quite an effective tactic... in fact VERY effective. Of course the nonsense you post is a FAR more effective tactic than me just pointing it out.

    But .. not the way you think.
    Of course they do. Nonsense. Look at how people respond. They KNOW that what you say is nonsense.

    That's precisely the description of your post here.
    I know it bothers you when I point out and render your comments as irrelevant, but I want to make sure that people get correct information around here.


    When casual readers pass this way, and they see all you're doing is denying the specific details of reality, and rabble-rousing ..

    .. And they see the thought and consideration and intelligence reflected in the details of my topically relevant posts, who do you think they're going to align with if they're on the fence?

    Uh huh .. that's right ...

    The only one doing his "side" a disservice here .. is you ..

    .. Obviously.
    Look around you. When people see the nonsense you present and then my retorts and destruction of that nonsense, you get no support and no agreements. Now, you can pretend that you do, but the rest of us know the truth. It's right here in black and white.

    Btw... I noticed that you ran from our discussing on definitions and what I said. You didn't post where I used the term "redefined" or where I said that the issue was anything but a state's rights issue. Are you ready to concede that you were wrong and were just straw manning or am I going to have to continue to confront you on this?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #924
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And it is not considered a "healthy relationship".

    And reproduction does not happen in even the majority of cases of heterosexual copulation. In fact, in many cases, heterosexuals go out of their way to prevent procreation.

    Marriage is not about procreation and procreation does not require marriage. Heck, now procreation doesn't even require sex.

    Overall though you are still wrong. There are still people who exist without any heterosexual relationship. A sperm and egg being joined is in no way a heterosexual relationship.
    You probably missed my repeated references to reproduction not being mandatory, nor even having to be capable, but rather only possible for that sort of union. Psst! that reproduction is not happening for gay couples, not even for a scant minority of cases, nor is it actually ever possible.

    No, I'm not wrong, and your unfathomable ignorance and disregard, for quite literally every society throughout mankind's history, really indicates that the problem is your own ignorance. Which is heightened by the enormous irony of you being undeniably the byproduct of a heterosexual relationship.

    And, you hit the nail on the head, which is extremely amusing, in stating that procreation does not require marriage, and does not even require sex, which .......... again.......... is the whole reason why committed heterosexual unions - i.e. marriage, are valued by society, recognized and rewarded... and not gay unions.

    It boggles the mind that people can actually leave American schools and be so entirely clueless about fact, common sense, and even the most simple social history, such as WHY marriage is recognized.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  5. #925
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    You probably missed my repeated references to reproduction not being mandatory, nor even having to be capable, but rather only possible for that sort of union. Psst! that reproduction is not happening for gay couples, not even for a scant minority of cases, nor is it actually ever possible.
    Possible is irrelevant in regards to obtaining a marriage license. THIS is the point that you keep missing.

    No, I'm not wrong, and your unfathomable ignorance and disregard, for quite literally every society throughout mankind's history, really indicates that the problem is your own ignorance. Which is heightened by the enormous irony of you being undeniably the byproduct of a heterosexual relationship.

    And, you hit the nail on the head, which is extremely amusing, in stating that procreation does not require marriage, and does not even require sex, which .......... again.......... is the whole reason why committed heterosexual unions - i.e. marriage, are valued by society, recognized and rewarded... and not gay unions.

    It boggles the mind that people can actually leave American schools and be so entirely clueless about fact, common sense, and even the most simple social history, such as WHY marriage is recognized.
    At this point, you are back to contradicting yourself, making logically fallacious arguments, and saying things that make no sense. Marriage is valued by society because of the positive effect these unions have on the raising of children. It is also valued by society because of the positive effects these unions have on the stability of the individuals, hence the stability of the society. Gay unions have been shown to fulfill both of these purposes equal to straight unions. Therefore there is no reason to deny the legality of marriage to gay couples. We KNOW that you cannot refute anything I just said. All you will now do is make the same erroneous argument that you've been making.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #926
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    False, obviously.



    False again.

    The majority of American citizens supports recognition of SS couples' committed monagamous romantic relationship civil union domestic partnerships by both government and private enterprise.

    However, this majority is not a large one.

    And, only a small minority supports oxymoronically calling these civil union domestic partnerships "marriages".

    Of those who support SS couples' civil union domestic partnerships, a significant marjority of them prefer that a different name be used.

    And the minority that opposes SS couples' civil uion domestic partnerships by any name are adamantly opposed.

    That's reality.




    Now you're bashing a strawman and simply for the purpose of rabble-rousing.

    Meaningless .. and a failed debate tactic.



    But .. not the way you think.



    That's precisely the description of your post here.



    When casual readers pass this way, and they see all you're doing is denying the specific details of reality, and rabble-rousing ..

    .. And they see the thought and consideration and intelligence reflected in the details of my topically relevant posts, who do you think they're going to align with if they're on the fence?

    Uh huh .. that's right ...

    The only one doing his "side" a disservice here .. is you ..

    .. Obviously.
    Do you ever get anything right? Civil Rights

    Most recent poll: "Do you think marriages between gay and lesbian couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?" 55 should, 44 should not

    Next most recent:
    "Overall, do you support or oppose allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally?" 57 support, 40 oppose.

    Let me guess your argument. A clear, solid majority is "small", and these polls are all outliers. Bet you don't admit you where wrong, even though I just documented it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #927
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    In your opinion... which has nothing to do with facts. Please post links that prove this assertion. No, I'm making an accurate assessment of what you posted. A tactic that is not for you, but for others who happen to read you. Based on how people respond to you, it's quite an effective tactic... in fact VERY effective. Of course the nonsense you post is a FAR more effective tactic than me just pointing it out. Of course they do. Nonsense. Look at how people respond. They KNOW that what you say is nonsense. I know it bothers you when I point out and render your comments as irrelevant, but I want to make sure that people get correct information around here. Look around you. When people see the nonsense you present and then my retorts and destruction of that nonsense, you get no support and no agreements. Now, you can pretend that you do, but the rest of us know the truth. It's right here in black and white. Btw... I noticed that you ran from our discussing on definitions and what I said. You didn't post where I used the term "redefined" or where I said that the issue was anything but a state's rights issue. Are you ready to concede that you were wrong and were just straw manning or am I going to have to continue to confront you on this?
    Again, you're posting like an ideologue.

    When I present the accurate information that I do, those who simply don't like that information because of what it means, left-wing ideologues, well, they're going to whine, obviously.

    That ideologues whine in response to my accurate information posts is, of course, meaningless.

    That you seem so obsessed about repeatedly discrediting me personally likely implies that the accurate information of topical relevancy I present is something you indeed recognize to be a threat to your particular ideology on the topic.

    And, that you're so upset that I bowed out of responding to your obfuscating subterfuge some posts ago means, apparently, that you're really incensed about me not acknowledging your "it's all about me" attitude.

    Maybe you should just give it a rest for a while.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  8. #928
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    You probably missed my repeated references to reproduction not being mandatory, nor even having to be capable, but rather only possible for that sort of union. Psst! that reproduction is not happening for gay couples, not even for a scant minority of cases, nor is it actually ever possible.

    No, I'm not wrong, and your unfathomable ignorance and disregard, for quite literally every society throughout mankind's history, really indicates that the problem is your own ignorance. Which is heightened by the enormous irony of you being undeniably the byproduct of a heterosexual relationship.

    And, you hit the nail on the head, which is extremely amusing, in stating that procreation does not require marriage, and does not even require sex, which .......... again.......... is the whole reason why committed heterosexual unions - i.e. marriage, are valued by society, recognized and rewarded... and not gay unions.

    It boggles the mind that people can actually leave American schools and be so entirely clueless about fact, common sense, and even the most simple social history, such as WHY marriage is recognized.
    And there are many opposite sex couples where reproduction is not happening, not even for one scant moment. My mother, should she ever remarry, cannot have children again. She has no uterus.

    You are the one who is trying to connect procreation to marriage. It is not connected.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #929
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you ever get anything right? Civil Rights

    Most recent poll: "Do you think marriages between gay and lesbian couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?" 55 should, 44 should not

    Next most recent:
    "Overall, do you support or oppose allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally?" 57 support, 40 oppose.

    Let me guess your argument. A clear, solid majority is "small", and these polls are all outliers. Bet you don't admit you where wrong, even though I just documented it.
    Where is the poll question about calling the SS domestic partnership civil unions something other than marriage that correctly differentiates between OS ones and SS ones?

    When the poll does not present all the information in the form of logical and topically relevant valid questions, then responders have to decide between letting SS couples have their recognition by government and private enterprise but stomaching "marriage" as the description, or rejecting "marriage" as the description and thus also the recognition.

    You'd have a lot more people supporting the recognition of SS couples than in the mere mid-50 percentages if you let them accept the recognition but under a different and appropriate name other than "marriage".

    Again, obviously.

    Put some detailed and deeper thought into your arguments.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  10. #930
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Where is the poll question about calling the SS domestic partnership civil unions something other than marriage that correctly differentiates between OS ones and SS ones?

    When the poll does not present all the information in the form of logical and topically relevant valid questions, then responders have to decide between letting SS couples have their recognition by government and private enterprise but stomaching "marriage" as the description, or rejecting "marriage" as the description and thus also the recognition.

    You'd have a lot more people supporting the recognition of SS couples than in the mere mid-50 percentages if you let them accept the recognition but under a different and appropriate name other than "marriage".

    Again, obviously.

    Put some detailed and deeper thought into your arguments.
    Rejecting the results. So sad. Not checking the link, even sadder.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •