Page 91 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #901
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Since that is what you're doing, sticking your fingers in your ears so you don't hear the truth you can't handle about the likely scenarios that will occur if SS activists continue to push their marriage-hijacking agenda on 92% of the population, you should understand then that that likely reality simply won't go away because you have your fingers in your ears.

    All can change quickly in a short-time power-play.
    man, you can pout like no one else...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #902
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    man, you can pout like no one else...
    As usual, when you lose the debate on relevant facts, you resort to erroneous ad hominems.

    Nevertheless, this appears to be your method of capitulation.

    Good enough.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #903
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Here you employ the debate tactic of obfuscation via subterfuge,.
    Congrats you just identified your entire MO!

  4. #904
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Congrats you just identified your entire MO!
    Another meaningless erroneous ad hominem sans topically relevant debate content.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  5. #905
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    As usual, when you lose the debate on relevant facts, you resort to erroneous ad hominems.

    Nevertheless, this appears to be your method of capitulation.

    Good enough.
    Ah, interesting. I've been hard at work on several projects for that past few months (and hence my particularly lackluster performance on this board) and now that they're just about wrapped up I see that "having all the facts and moral authority on your side of the debate" now equates to losing.

    Alrighty then.

  6. #906
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Another meaningless erroneous ad hominem sans topically relevant debate content.
    It ids hilarious how highly you think of yourself.

  7. #907
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    And this fact has nothing to do with marriage. If you disagree, show any legal precedent that requires someone to procreate in order to marry. If you cannot... and we know you cannot, your position is refuted. Which it is.
    If you knew anything at all, you wouldn't be making such asinine claims and would know thatMarriage isn't defined by law, but only recognized by law. The court decision recognizes this fact but only when convenient, somehow imagining that recreation of marriage is a "state power" when States have no original jurisdiction over marriage, any more than the federal government does itself. It is a social structure, and neither the federal government, nor the states, are provided the authority to exercise social engineering to redesign it by their tyrannous dictate.

    This is precisely the sort of tyrannous government the founders sought to prohibit, and instituted into the Constitution. .


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And everything you wrote shows why it is unconstitutional. Based on the full faith and credit clause, it is not the Federal government's place to dictate to the states how they can license something like this. DOMA violated this and was appropriately deemed unconstitutional. As usual, and as was shown in today's ruling, you are wrong.
    This is the second time I've had to correct you on what's actually in the court decision you're pontificating about. That decision was nether hinging on state's rights, which no were nowhere denied, nor on the full faith and credit clause, which I've already indicated the court entirely ignored the impact of, so that it could condemn Congress' legitimate authority in writing DOMA!

    Yes, it is IN FACT the federal government's place to legislate and dictate "things like this", as this 'thing" is exclusively related to Federal ISSUES and FEDERAL LAW, and it is extremely asinine to assert otherwise.... but don't worry, you're actually surpassed by a corrupt and hypocritical Court, as I've already pointed out, but you are apparently incapable of addressing directly.

    Before you continue to expose your ignorance on this decision, why don't you actually go and read it, instead just pulling what you imagine might be in that decision, out of ...well, thin air.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

  8. #908
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    If you knew anything at all, you wouldn't be making such asinine claims and would know thatMarriage isn't defined by law, but only recognized by law. The court decision recognizes this fact but only when convenient, somehow imagining that recreation of marriage is a "state power" when States have no original jurisdiction over marriage, any more than the federal government does itself. It is a social structure, and neither the federal government, nor the states, are provided the authority to exercise social engineering to redesign it by their tyrannous dictate.


    Tyranny? LMAO Tyrants are known for restricting freedoms and rights. What freedom and or right of yours has been restricted?

  9. #909
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Yesterday's and today's SCOTUS Corruptus decisions are both designed to energize different tentacles of the GOP octopus. With DOMA following the decision against voter rights, we haven't heard much voter talk today, have we. Strictly by design.

  10. #910
    Spectemur Agendo Trip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,920

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Tyranny? LMAO Tyrants are known for restricting freedoms and rights. What freedom and or right of yours has been restricted?
    How much time have you got?


    I can go forwards from the Civil War, or backwards from the current time period.

    How about we just look at something like ObamaCare in which the federal government has taken over de facto ownership of each individual citizens body without any authority, abrogated a full 80% of those 'unalienable' Bill of Rights, and fundamentally changed the relationship between citizen and government by inappropriate means, not that even an amendment might even fundamentally change that relationship, since the Bill of Rights are not grants by the Constitution, but only a listing of particulars.

    Did you not recognize any of this on your own? If you're not regarding the constitution, which your posts continually show, then its hypocritical to be asking about freedoms or rights, when your evident ideological focus will ensure subjugation.

    "If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

    ~ James Madison

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •