Page 82 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #811
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    1.)That's nonsense. We legislate based on tradition regularly and it ranges from Christmas being a national holiday to summer vacation for kiddies.
    2.)But on a higher level, marriage really is about more than tradition.
    3.) It's about establishing the fundamental building block of society and that's the family unit and the family unit starts is based on a mother and a father.
    4.) Homosexuals have had to rely on claiming exceptional circumstances are the norm in order to rationalize that two men or two women living together and engaging in sexual relationships equates to "marriage".
    5.) It's worked well enough to convince some states to change their laws and I agree that states should have the right to do that if they wish.
    6.) On the other hand, that doesn't mean those handful of states have a right to force their definition of marriage on the rest of the country.
    7.) Not everyone buys the "exceptions as the rule" argumentation.
    1.) nope its just reality and facts because its based on hypocrisy
    2.) I agree its a contract and about rights, traditions are meaningless
    3.) this is your OPINION of what marriage is about and this is your OPINION of what a family is based on millions of families and the dictionary disagree with you and your restricted opinion
    4.) no they have not its haapened all through out time
    5.) the few that have taken it to thier supreme court stated its an equality violation
    6.) they wouldnt be forcing anything the government would be protecting rights which is its job
    7.) they dont have to just like now in straight marriage, many people dont think many others are really married based on their OPINIONS but legally they are
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #812
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    1.)You're having real trouble with this, and also what is a "lie" and what isn't, so I will spell it out for you.


    2) NOWHERE in that relevant post #770 do I indicate legal marriage cares about procreation. I don't even mention procreation anywhere! In point of fact, AGAIN< i dont offer ANY OPINION whatsoever, except a clear statement that you are the byproduct of a heterosexual union. Your assertion that my statement indicating this is a "lie" is your own ignorance, and yet another examply why you shouldn't be wielding that word. Your error does not constitute my having lied.

    3) I'm not guessing. You and everyone on the face of the planet are the product of heterosexual relationships.

    4.)) I'm not just correct in your case, but EVERY SINGLE CASE for every single person on the face of the planet.

    5.) No. , marriage is not meaningless, to my non-guess certainty, and is in fact driven home by your own recognition that people can create offspring without marriage, and without any commitment at all. This ability to procreate without marriage, and without commitment is precisely why marriage is recognized as man-woman in every society in mankind's history, and that is 100% fact.

    6) No, your statement was that I was referencing "marriage" not "heterosexual relationships" was incorrect. You specifically and mistakenly indicated I was discussing marriage by stating, " because i could easily exist with out marriage and do" . By this fact, your statement is 100% false. The problem with this, as with your claim of a "lie", is that you have trouble recognizing fact from fiction, and opinion from reality.

    7.)The reality is that you are the byproduct of a heterosexual relationship, and no human being is the byproduct of a gay relationship, thereby making it impossible for gay unions to be any sort of actual equivalent to marriage for societies.
    1.) no trouble at all you factually lies but please proceed and i will further point out the facts

    2.)did you think anybody would buy this? you know the thread is still here right? you keep talking about people coming from heterosexual relationships. see post776 this is meaningless and its you suggesting that it matters to marriage, it does not

    3.) 100% false
    4.) see 3

    5.) yep as proven in 1 your opinion is meanignless its not need, facts prove you wrong again
    also as already mentioned somewhere early in this thread the bolded is 100% false

    6.) you can double down on this if you like but it already lost and was proven false

    7.) false and meaningless to legal marriage

    I AGAIN ask you "do you have anything thats on topic to legal marriage and matters to the topic? anything?"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #813
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    You're the ideologue! The guy that has, IMO, 48 pt. font in the signature! You don't care about fairness. You don't care about equality. You don't care about justice. You only care about marriage for all. And gosh, all those flags!

    Your analogy between the inequality of no SSM and the inequality of blacks only water fountains is valid only if no SSM results in the same 'lack of quality' as the blacks only water fountain. Blacks only water fountains had unsanitary water (water that didn't have the same quality as whites' water) in 'nasty' locations that were apart from whites. I've already pointed out that, in some states, unions have all the rights and responsibilities of marriage. NOT a ludicrous simile like no SSM is like unsanitary water in a 'nasty' location apart from whites. Your rhetoric, however, flies sky high.
    The reality remains....seperate but equal is never equal. Sorry Charlie.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #814
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The reality remains....seperate but equal is never equal. Sorry Charlie.
    I wonder if peeping Tom's that like to hang out in women's restrooms can use your argument. Equal is equal and "separate" has no bearing on that.

  5. #815
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I wonder if peeping Tom's that like to hang out in women's restrooms can use your argument. Equal is equal and "separate" has no bearing on that.
    Peeping Tom's in a male restroom is still criminal as well.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #816
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I wonder if peeping Tom's that like to hang out in women's restrooms can use your argument. Equal is equal and "separate" has no bearing on that.
    ???
    this makes zero sense and is not a parallel at all.
    peeping tom is breaking the law and infringe on the rights of others, this is the most failed an inane argument i have ever seen
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #817
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ???
    this makes zero sense and is not a parallel at all.
    peeping tom is breaking the law and infringe on the rights of others, this is the most failed an inane argument i have ever seen
    Separate but equal. Why are men's and women's restrooms separate because that means that men and women aren't equal. You're not following the bouncing ball here. Separation does not prove inequality.

  8. #818
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Peeping Tom's in a male restroom is still criminal as well.
    Yes, but why? Separate but equal? Why is a man excluded from using a woman's restroom? What if he says he's really a woman trapped in a man's body? Aren't you going to be sympathetic to his sexual deviance?

  9. #819
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I wonder if peeping Tom's that like to hang out in women's restrooms can use your argument. Equal is equal and "separate" has no bearing on that.
    Wow you are getting really desperate.

  10. #820
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yes, but why? Separate but equal? Why is a man excluded from using a woman's restroom? What if he says he's really a woman trapped in a man's body? Aren't you going to be sympathetic to his sexual deviance?
    It pays to understand equal protection analysis at least a little. The Constitution does not prohibit differential treatment or even discrimination as long as the state has a legitimate or compelling or important reason for doing so (different levels of scrutiny apply depending on the class affected and the right infringed).
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •