Page 63 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #621
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,751

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh, I so wish that we could have one thread on SSM or get issues that the retarded, refuted and badly ignorant birth defect crap would not get brought up in.
    You'd have to keep the religious out, which I think is a good thing anyhow.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #622
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Truthers always claim the same. It is your flawed understanding of what you link.
    You're simply behaving like an ideologue with a wounded agenda, and you exemplify a flawed debate strategy of name-calling.

    If you have some scientific facts you'd like to present that you think would refute the obvious scientific presentation of the epigenetic reality of homosexuality, then by all means start a new thread and present them.

    Otherwise, I think we're done with this topic here in this thread, as we've gotten off-topic a bit.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #623
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    All we need to do is agree to live and let live.

    You vote for my liberty I will vote for your's.

    You vote against mine I vote against yours.
    Two things. 1. The gun-grabbing agenda is too important to the pinkos and pinkos will vote for it no matter what they say. 2. Homosexuals are already free to live with and love whoever they please. I'd have been a lot more sympathetic about "rights" and "freedoms" if the homosexual community hadn't rejected "civil unions" offering ALL the same rights as marriage. It was then that I realized that it wasn't about homosexuals actually wanting to get married; very few would actually benefit from that. It was about something else and something a lot less honest and a lot less heart wrenching than bleeding heart stories about being deprived of rights.

  4. #624
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Two things. 1. The gun-grabbing agenda is too important to the pinkos and pinkos will vote for it no matter what they say. 2. Homosexuals are already free to live with and love whoever they please. I'd have been a lot more sympathetic about "rights" and "freedoms" if the homosexual community hadn't rejected "civil unions" offering ALL the same rights as marriage. It was then that I realized that it wasn't about homosexuals actually wanting to get married; very few would actually benefit from that. It was about something else and something a lot less honest and a lot less heart wrenching than bleeding heart stories about being deprived of rights.
    See you dont want freedom or liberty you want authority.

    We will be slaves together.

  5. #625
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Two things. 1. The gun-grabbing agenda is too important to the pinkos and pinkos will vote for it no matter what they say. 2. Homosexuals are already free to live with and love whoever they please. I'd have been a lot more sympathetic about "rights" and "freedoms" if the homosexual community hadn't rejected "civil unions" offering ALL the same rights as marriage. It was then that I realized that it wasn't about homosexuals actually wanting to get married; very few would actually benefit from that. It was about something else and something a lot less honest and a lot less heart wrenching than bleeding heart stories about being deprived of rights.
    First off: Civil unions have never actually managed to be treated equally. There are simply so many laws tied into marriage that it's basically impossible to make sure everything is covered. Furthermore, even when one state manages to implement proper civil unions, other states do not and neither does the federal government. Merely driving into a state that doesn't recognize same-sex civil unions could potentially bring about some trouble.

    Second, what you have so graciously offered to homosexuals is a "separate but equal" designation. Ponder that and maybe you'll figure out why people don't think it's good enough.

    Finally, I'd ask you to try to back up your bull**** conspiracy about the gay agenda by explaining to me that if homosexuals don't want to get married, why are we even having this discussion? Then I'd ask you to explain why it matters how many people choose to exercise a particular right.

    You're right. Homosexuals are free to live with someone. Well, except when a freaking judge orders them not to. But tell us more about why you think they should be delegated to this separate-but-equal designation. Maybe I can just shortcut the whole thing for you: Separate but Equal is inherently NOT EQUAL. It would still leave homosexuals with a metaphorical scarlet letter. A stigma that will always be associated with a group that is being kept apart. It's a label, stamped and approved by the United States government, stating that these people aren't good enough to be lumped in with the rest of society. **** that, man. Nobody should have to live like that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #626
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The government doesn't discriminate against gays...

    Gays just want to be a "protected class" and have MORE rights than anyone else..

    I find anyone who believes the government should protect them from scrutiny to be obnoxious..
    Gay couples in these two court cases are only asking for the same privileges granted to heterosexual couples. Granting gays the right to marry does not give them more rights than heterosexuals with the right to marry. It grants them the same rights. If you want to talk about hate-crime laws, that is another topic.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  7. #627
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Other than the sexes of the individuals, please tell us how a homosexual relationship differs from a heterosexual one.
    Kinda hard to do that once you've ruled out what makes them different...
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #628
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Kinda hard to do that once you've ruled out what makes them different...
    Yes, it is kinda hard to justify gender-based discrimination!

    Someone will bring up bearing children, and I'll first point out that "can have children" is not a criteria the government uses for marriage.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #629
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    First off: Civil unions have never actually managed to be treated equally. There are simply so many laws tied into marriage that it's basically impossible to make sure everything is covered. Furthermore, even when one state manages to implement proper civil unions, other states do not and neither does the federal government. Merely driving into a state that doesn't recognize same-sex civil unions could potentially bring about some trouble.

    Second, what you have so graciously offered to homosexuals is a "separate but equal" designation. Ponder that and maybe you'll figure out why people don't think it's good enough.

    Finally, I'd ask you to try to back up your bull**** conspiracy about the gay agenda by explaining to me that if homosexuals don't want to get married, why are we even having this discussion? Then I'd ask you to explain why it matters how many people choose to exercise a particular right.

    You're right. Homosexuals are free to live with someone. Well, except when a freaking judge orders them not to. But tell us more about why you think they should be delegated to this separate-but-equal designation. Maybe I can just shortcut the whole thing for you: Separate but Equal is inherently NOT EQUAL. It would still leave homosexuals with a metaphorical scarlet letter. A stigma that will always be associated with a group that is being kept apart. It's a label, stamped and approved by the United States government, stating that these people aren't good enough to be lumped in with the rest of society. **** that, man. Nobody should have to live like that.
    To add, civil unions would not be equal because they would not receive the federal benefits of marriage. So they are inherently unequal at the federal level. At the state level, even if unions provided the exact same benefits, they would be unwarranted. It makes absolutely not sense to have two different licenses that grant the exact same privileges. There is not rational basis for that, and it only complicates the law. The only difference between the two would be one is for gays and one is for heterosexuals. Should we create "interracial unions" instead of allowing interracial marriage? Thus civil unions are inherently unequal applications of the law.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #630
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    I have a solution.

    If the right grants liberty to us. We will agree not to take your guns.

    If I dint have liberty you wint either.
    How about in exchange for two decades of legislated hate, we take away their guns for two decades and call it even?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •