Page 55 of 159 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #541
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is people who are twisting the original languages to fit the homosexual agenda.
    We can play hat game if you like, so it's your side twisting the original languages to fit their hate agenda.

    I've linked those who say wha many books on the issue say. You say you're a scholar, so you should know of such books. If you don't, than your study has been incomplete.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it really isn't. It's how some have badly misread the Bible. Read the link above.
    I've been studying the bible for over 40 years; I doubt you have ever read through it even once. I believe I know a little more about it than you.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I've been studying the bible for over 40 years; I doubt you have ever read through it even once. I believe I know a little more about it than you.
    You be wrong. I've also read much on what it says as well. It's what a scholar does.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I've been studying the bible for over 40 years; I doubt you have ever read through it even once. I believe I know a little more about it than you.
    The whole biblical argument falls apart in 2 areas.

    1. If you do not have blind faith in a work of fiction constructed by the church and not by jesus your argument is as good as saying harry potter said homosexuality was wrong.

    2. this is america and the bible says so is a religious argument which the country should not be respecting. You can believe it without being told you have to practice it, but you cannot tell others to practice your religious beliefs.

    I don't care if you have every verse in the bible memorized, it doesn't count.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    The whole biblical argument falls apart in 2 areas.

    1. If you do not have blind faith in a work of fiction constructed by the church and not by jesus your argument is as good as saying harry potter said homosexuality was wrong.

    2. this is america and the bible says so is a religious argument which the country should not be respecting. You can believe it without being told you have to practice it, but you cannot tell others to practice your religious beliefs.

    I don't care if you have every verse in the bible memorized, it doesn't count.
    That's true. I find it an interesting biblical argument, but it has no real meaning to law.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's true. I find it an interesting biblical argument, but it has no real meaning to law.
    I do hope that the supreme court recognizes that after you toss out the religious argument against a government contract and recognize it has no place in a constitutional debate because no one is forcing homosexuality on the church in a legal sense, then there is nothing left to oppose the partnering of 2 people of the same gender, just like in any legal partnership. I am not holding my breath they will do it, but i am wondering what the hell is up with them delaying this announcement by another weak. News outlets are having a hell of a time recycling their speculations over and over again.

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You be wrong. I've also read much on what it says as well. It's what a scholar does.
    You are a bible scholar!

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    The whole biblical argument falls apart in 2 areas.

    1. If you do not have blind faith in a work of fiction constructed by the church and not by jesus your argument is as good as saying harry potter said homosexuality was wrong.

    2. this is america and the bible says so is a religious argument which the country should not be respecting. You can believe it without being told you have to practice it, but you cannot tell others to practice your religious beliefs.

    I don't care if you have every verse in the bible memorized, it doesn't count.
    I don't expect someone who is a child of Satan to understand. You will have to decide who's side you are on. The bible will count when you stand before God and give account of your life.

  9. #549
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You are a bible scholar!
    As a hobby. Which is more than I can say for some. I do appear to know more than say, you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #550
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I don't expect someone who is a child of Satan to understand. You will have to decide who's side you are on. The bible will count when you stand before God and give account of your life.
    Oh baby you are so turning me on!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •