Page 52 of 159 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #511
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Actually, it is a losing proposition for children, people and society.
    Quantify this for me. What harm is done to you by two men marrying. Don't give me this vague "moral fabric" stuff. I need to know how this actually affects your life.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #512
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, it's Monday again and still no decision. My prediction, SCOTUS will find some place safe to hunker down for a while after they finally do announce a decision.
    My prediction is that they'll issue a ruling specific only to California, overturning Prop 8. DOMA section 3 will also likely fall. (but not the rest, as only this section is challenged in this case)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #513
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    When you use the term gay people, I think you misuse the term. The proper term is sodomite.
    I already corrected you on this term on another thread. You, of course, ran away from that thread because you knew you couldn't refute it.

    It is impossible for these people to offer any child a stable, loving environment since their entire lifestyle is based on a degenerate perversion of marriage, which was established by God and cannot be rightfully changed by an man.
    This has been proven false by research. Now look, I know that you don't care about facts, and considering your posts on this topic, it is obvious that you have none. It might be a good idea if you educated yourself somewhat, so at least you would have a basic understanding of the facts.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #514
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Actually, it is a losing proposition for children, people and society. To allow those who proclaim deviant behavior as benefiting society, while destroying the family unit would be a joke if it were not so serious and sad.
    Actually, all research proves you wrong. We know that you don't care about facts. That makes refuting the dumb things you say especially easy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #515
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, all research proves you wrong. We know that you don't care about facts. That makes refuting the dumb things you say especially easy.
    I will not use the word dumb in addressing you. I found out recently what happens when some people answer in ways you don't like.

    BTW, if you actually checked out what the word sodomite meant in 1611,you would see that it had nothing to do with opposite gender sex.

    We will never see eye to eye on this, and to continue to say the same thing is fruitless, this is the last thing I will say to you concerning th origin of the word sodomite.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I will not use the word dumb in addressing you. I found out recently what happens when some people answer in ways you don't like.

    BTW, if you actually checked out what the word sodomite meant in 1611,you would see that it had nothing to do with opposite gender sex.

    We will never see eye to eye on this, and to continue to say the same thing is fruitless, this is the last thing I will say to you concerning th origin of the word sodomite.
    Only factually, he's correct and you're not.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #517
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only factually, he's correct and you're not.
    You people keep saying this. I have shown that as far back as 1828 Webster's dictionary did not say anything about sodomy being an act between those of the opposite sex. It is an act of homosexuality, period.

  8. #518
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    This could make for the worst Monday in history. Its Monday, have 5 days of work ahead of me, and...oh yeah...I'm a second class citizen. Anxiously awaiting...
    You are not second class, you have the same rights as everyone else.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #519
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You people keep saying this. I have shown that as far back as 1828 Webster's dictionary did not say anything about sodomy being an act between those of the opposite sex. It is an act of homosexuality, period.
    It's a good thing that most people have grown up and matured a great deal since 1828. Maybe the religious zealots ought to give it a shot.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #520
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's a good thing that most people have grown up and matured a great deal since 1828. Maybe the religious zealots ought to give it a shot.
    No thanks, I will stay with the truth.

    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 KJV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •