Page 15 of 159 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I would have married her whether or not there was a benefit. This is what most don't understand. Why do you think the government has any business bestowing benefits for acting in any manner?
    So you advocate NO marriage "rights"?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    The problem with being a straight white Christian male is that you are never once given the chance of introspection. You have never had someone drive past you in the middle of the night, throw garbage at you and call you a faggot. You've never had men leer or grope at you, or been refused service to a restaurant or store, have people glare at you for dressing in religious garb. I can't even make fun of straight white Christian males - no derogatory term even exists for them. If you can't understand how blessed you are for being born as such -- there's no one that can help you.
    Yes, I certainly have..... You progressives do it to me EVERYDAY.... If you didn't the status quo on ALL applications for everything and anything wouldn't be, race, age and sometimes religion and sexuality....

    Hell, 5-years ago I had to say I was a ****ing Mexican to get a contract on a job and the only reason why I got away with it is because I'm a dark skinned Sicilian and could pass given my sir name and my "aesthetics" - furthermore that wasn't my idea it was the companies idea - they wanted me and I could pass for a Mexican. This company was TOLD they had to hire minorities - not the BEST MAN FOR THE JOB BUT MINORITIES IN GENERAL...

    How is that not blatant discrimination?

    How about these ****ing progressives that are so filled with hate that they will ATTEMPT to attack me when I'm out rallying in support of the Tea Party?

    Don't tell me about discrimination because I get it every ****ing day from people who know my position on issues and know who I am...

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The Constitution is not a document that defines the world. To me marriage means one man and one woman. To you it means something different. You seem to think you have the right to force me to think the way you do.nIt's not going to happen.
    THINK what you want.

    Just stay out of OTHER peoples business.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    If its nothing more than a civil.contract, why do you care about the word?
    Because "marriage" is religious in nature and "civil union" is legal talk.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    So, you cant say birth defects are certain and even if they were birth defects CERTAINLY wouldn't be an argument against marriage considering married people a) don't have to have kids and b) many people with "birth defects" get married and have children and pass those genes onto their children. "Little people" do all the time - what are you going to do next? claim "little people" shouldn't procreate?
    I actually think a little voluntary, incentivised eugenics would be a great idea.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Because "marriage" is religious in nature and "civil union" is legal talk.
    But in this country, the words are interchangeable.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I actually think a little voluntary, incentivised eugenics would be a great idea.
    Ok Margaret Sanger....

    And I'm the unreasonable one in this "debate?"

    Sure, why not wipe out gays next using eugenics? See how that works?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    But in this country, the words are interchangeable.
    Dude seriously??

    For the love of Whole Language...

    Yeah guess what? I don't speak Mexican either.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    What is the thread about, and how would there be a debate without some disagreement?
    The snoty to them wasn't about disagreement. Read what you wrote.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Who the hell are you to say two loving and willing people cant marry???

    Sounds familiar to your argument right?

    I suppose it is a different story when you have an opinion on marriage?
    Not at all. Your cherry picking. I included without just cause. It's a legal term.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •