Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1471
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, I think he said "state", and in this case the state is CA, and it looks like the bans in CA do fail.
    You thought wrong.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #1472
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You thought wrong.
    FFS, your counter-arguments are getting so weak that they are nonexistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #1473
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    when a persons only argument completely fails and gets destroyed the desperation move is to keep repeating it, hoping it will magically stick one time or that the focus will be deflected from the fact it failed.
    I noticed that myself and already commented on the fact that is what a number of people have been reduced to doing.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #1474
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS, your counter-arguments are getting so weak that they are nonexistent.
    I'm getting tired of hearing the same rubbish arguments ad nauseum from you. It's getting extremely redundant. Time to agree to disagree and retire from this. It is stale.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #1475
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I noticed that myself and already commented on the fact that is what a number of people have been reduced to doing.
    but you are the only one doing it, your argument was destroyed by many posters many times many ways and you just keep repeating it in desperation. nice try though but nobody is buying it.

    You argument loses to facts while you keep repeating fantasy and opinion.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1476
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I'm getting tired of hearing the same rubbish arguments ad nauseum from you. It's getting extremely redundant. Time to agree to disagree and retire from this. It is stale.
    You do what you want. Your arguments either hold no water....or you can't even state them. This is a debate forum, debating is the presentation of argument. Saying "you thought wrong" is not an argument, whining about not getting anywhere is not an argument, it is a concession.

    If you want to get somewhere, then make an argument that holds up, otherwise go somewhere...else.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1477
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Claiming your arguments win based on your own say so doesn't constitute debate, either. The debate part is over at that point and we're left with empty posturing. See ya around.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #1478
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Still, the underlying FACT without the false dilemma is that more people would approve of civil unions than would approve of gay marriage. Granted, some activist ninnies do, in fact, reject civil unions because they're holding out for gay marriage but for the most part, those who favor legal regonition support BOTH civil unions and gay marriage even if they prefer "marriage". Argue that's not true at your own risk. It's a stupid argument and one that you would have no supporting facts for, but far be it from me to tell you not to try a stupid argument if you wish.
    Actually, it is your argument that is stupid. We have the data. Let's look at the numbers. When given a choice between SSM and civil unions, 37% support SSM and 33% support civil unions (with 25% against both). This immediately shows that you premise is incorrect, but let's continue. The numbers I mention equal 70%. Last poll I saw showed that overall support of SSM (where the choice was either that or keeping it illegal) was 58% (with 36% against). If you look at the numbers, 21% of those who would choose civil unions (if that was a third option) would THEN support SSM if that option was eliminated, whereas 11% would then favor keeping it illegal.

    So what this means is the following. If given a choice, MORE people would support SSM than civil unions... and this number is growing consistently. A vast majority (2:1) of people, if there were no choice, would change their support to SSM. And finally, of course, the support of SSM is pretty strong and growing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #1479
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The reason for state sanctioned marriage has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with establishment and support of acceptable and sensible biological pairings.
    No it doesn't. No matter how often you make this erroneous claim... which has been proven to be erroneous countless times in these threads... it doesn't make it true. I hope you know that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1480
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think people that support same-sex MARRIAGE either don't understand the purpose of marriage or think that homosexual marriage should be created as an option even though it doesn't further the purpose of marriage. What is disingenuous is to deny that acceptable biological pairings was ALWAYS the foundation of marriage law in this country with all else being support for that foundation. Even Loving vs. Virginia was meaningful because it included a reasonable and logical biological pairing that was only denied due to issues of race. The real purpose of marriage was already satisfied by their biological male/female coupling.
    And since this position of yours has been debunked many times, I'll just keep reminding you of this... and others, so that others don't take any of it as based in facts or logic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •