Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1461
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ah, a new distraction/tangent/rabbit hole, the prohibition against SSM....is based upon the argument that it would be an "oxymoron".

    Please, enlighten us with this new moronic argument.
    I've done this already. Marriage makes no sense for same sex pairings.

    If marriage is not for creating a family, not for bearing children, not for the sake of anything but a willingness to agree to a contract, then anything goes with it. Marriage always had a focus and that focus was to establish state approved couples in pairings that made biological sense. But hey, we've been over this already many times and you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change your mind. Some states agree with you. Some states agree with me. Eventually it will come down to arguments in our courts and we'll see if homosexuals will be able to bend the will of the states to their whims. I'm sure in your mind, it's all crystal clear that you are absolutely right about all this. That's your prerogative.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #1462
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    And I don't need one. The onus to produce a compelling argument is on those advocating homosexual marriage. If they can successfully produce an argument that there is a significant state benefit by expanding their marriage criteria to include same-sex couples, they'll win. Arguing that if the state can't explain why it doesn't want to, that it must make those changes isn't going to win. And there are... what.... 38 states that don't feel homosexuals have made a compelling argument.

    It seems like so far the state has been agreeing with SSM

  3. #1463
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I've done this already. Marriage makes no sense for same sex pairings.

    If marriage is not for creating a family, not for bearing children, not for the sake of anything but a willingness to agree to a contract, then anything goes with it. Marriage always had a focus and that focus was to establish state approved couples in pairings that made biological sense. But hey, we've been over this already many times and you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change your mind. Some states agree with you. Some states agree with me. Eventually it will come down to arguments in our courts and we'll see if homosexuals will be able to bend the will of the states to their whims. I'm sure in your mind, it's all crystal clear that you are absolutely right about all this. That's your prerogative.
    We already went over this, the fact is that every day in every state sterile couples get married, the argument that the state should limit marriage to procreation purposes has already been settled. Again I will refer to the previously cited findings of facts where it was established that the state has a multitude of reasons for marriage other than procreation and SSM shares in all of those reasons.

    Why you keep repeating arguments we already settled today is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1464
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We already went over this, the fact is that every day in every state sterile couples get married, the argument that the state should limit marriage to procreation purposes has already been settled. Again I will refer to the previously cited findings of facts where it was established that the state has a multitude of reasons for marriage other than procreation and SSM shares in all of those reasons.

    Why you keep repeating arguments we already settled today is beyond me.
    Your repeated assertions that arguments are settled just because you say so doesn't get us anywhere.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #1465
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It seems like so far the state has been agreeing with SSM
    Some have. Most haven't.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #1466
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Your repeated assertions that arguments are settled just because you say so doesn't get us anywhere.
    Your inability to counter the argument and instead whine about not getting anywhere is a capitulation.

    Either counter the argument or concede, don't distract.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #1467
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Some have. Most haven't.
    Nope when challenged most ballot issued gay marriage bans seem to fail like prop 8

  8. #1468
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Nope when challenged most ballot issued gay marriage bans seem to fail like prop 8
    37-13. Most states do not have gay marriage. FACT.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #1469
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    37-13. Most states do not have gay marriage. FACT.
    Um, I think he said "state", and in this case the state is CA, and it looks like the bans in CA do fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1470
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We already went over this, the fact is that every day in every state sterile couples get married, the argument that the state should limit marriage to procreation purposes has already been settled. Again I will refer to the previously cited findings of facts where it was established that the state has a multitude of reasons for marriage other than procreation and SSM shares in all of those reasons.

    Why you keep repeating arguments we already settled today is beyond me.
    when a persons only argument completely fails and gets destroyed the desperation move is to keep repeating it, hoping it will magically stick one time or that the focus will be deflected from the fact it failed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •