Page 142 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1411
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That question will be fielded by the state if homosexual challenges to state marriage definitions ever reach the Supreme Court. The state will then get to make it's argument regarding it's effect.
    Let's hear what you have, how has/will it effect your life?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1412
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That question will be fielded by the state if homosexual challenges to state marriage definitions ever reach the Supreme Court. The state will then get to make it's argument regarding it's effect.
    As dismissals go that was pretty weak sauce. People who object to gay marriage, like you, would have a more legitimate position if they were able to point to a victim, and I don't mean abstract victims like "religion" or "freedom," but actual, specific human victims. Don't try to pass the buck on to the state. In every other debate, such as abortion, immigration, or gun control, concrete victims are used as examples (deservedly or not). What makes the gay marriage debate unique is that not once has the anti-gay marriage position even attempted to bring up a legitimate victim.

    So either explain who the victim is, or admit that your position against gay marriage has no legitimate basis.

  3. #1413
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Let's hear what you have, how has/will it effect your life?
    I am not the state. I don't have to handle the licenses, tax issues, insurance issues, divorces, etc. The state will ultimately make their case.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #1414
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I am not the state. I don't have to handle the licenses, tax issues, insurance issues, divorces, etc. The state will ultimately make their case.
    So that's it, huh? You're abandoning your own position in this debate in the hopes that someone else will have better arguments?

    I guess that's fair enough.

  5. #1415
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I am not the state. I don't have to handle the licenses, tax issues, insurance issues, divorces, etc. The state will ultimately make their case.
    I never said you were a state, I asked YOU to say how this will affect YOU. You are part of a state, the state can use your argument, whatever it is.

    If it will not affect you, just admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1416
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    As dismissals go that was pretty weak sauce. People who object to gay marriage, like you, would have a more legitimate position if they were able to point to a victim, and I don't mean abstract victims like "religion" or "freedom," but actual, specific human victims. Don't try to pass the buck on to the state. In every other debate, such as abortion, immigration, or gun control, concrete victims are used as examples (deservedly or not). What makes the gay marriage debate unique is that not once has the anti-gay marriage position even attempted to bring up a legitimate victim.

    So either explain who the victim is, or admit that your position against gay marriage has no legitimate basis.
    I can't tell you how your marrying a goat would affect me, either but I don't think that's sufficient reason for the state to sanction goat marriage, either. I think it is incumbent upon the homosexuals to explain how their ability to marry furthers the goals if the state that marriage was created to further.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #1417
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I never said you were a state, I asked YOU to say how this will affect YOU. You are part of a state, the state can use your argument, whatever it is.

    If it will not affect you, just admit it.
    You could marry your mother and it wouldn't affect me. I don't support that, either.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #1418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I can't tell you how your marrying a goat would affect me, either but I don't think that's sufficient reason for the state to sanction goat marriage, either. I think it is incumbent upon the homosexuals to explain how their ability to marry furthers the goals if the state that marriage was created to further.
    Homosexuals are benefiting the state by increasing liberty.

  9. #1419
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I can't tell you how your marrying a goat would affect me, either but I don't think that's sufficient reason for the state to sanction goat marriage, either. I think it is incumbent upon the homosexuals to explain how their ability to marry furthers the goals if the state that marriage was created to further.
    That was EXACTLY shown in the findings of Holingsworth v Perry that I linked to for you previously.

    You DID NOT READ IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1420
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You could marry your mother and it wouldn't affect me. I don't support that, either.
    Non sequitur and a straw man, the topic is not incest.

    If you cannot comment on the topic, then you should leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •