Page 140 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1391
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Nevada, and Califorinia, and Washington, and Oregon, and Colorado have unions with all the rights and responsibilites of marriage. Other states can easily follow suit with legislation. Tax breaks for SS unions would be federal.
    And most of those have simply went to allowing same sex couples to marry because having two unions that give the same benefits/rights/responsibilities is nonsense and stupid, not to mention costly. Plus, most of the states that ban same sex marriage also ban such unions as well.

    Show me the federal law that says that the federal government, the IRS will recognize those in civil unions or anything other than marriages as married under their laws.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #1392
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Only proves you think the Yankees and the Red Sox aren't equal. You gonna force the Red Sox play all their home games in the modern Yankee Stadium, too?
    Last edited by cabse5; 06-29-13 at 01:22 PM.

  3. #1393
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And most of those have simply went to allowing same sex couples to marry because having two unions that give the same benefits/rights/responsibilities is nonsense and stupid, not to mention costly. Plus, most of the states that ban same sex marriage also ban such unions as well.

    Show me the federal law that says that the federal government, the IRS will recognize those in civil unions or anything other than marriages as married under their laws.
    I guess I'd show you one of those gay rights polls that says Americans are for gay rights by about 70% (but not SSM by 70%). Politicians want to be re elected.
    .
    Last edited by cabse5; 06-29-13 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #1394
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    I reiterate: only argument for SSM comes from oligarchist SSC judges. Only argument.

  5. #1395
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    I reiterate: only argument for SSM comes from oligarchist SSC judges. Only argument.
    How does gay marriage effect you?

  6. #1396
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    It changes the definition of marriage. I guess, for that same reason, the state forcing a man-to-woman-union to be defined as a lesbian couple.

  7. #1397
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    It changes the definition of marriage.
    No one owns the word.

  8. #1398
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    I guess I'd show you one of those gay rights polls that says Americans are for gay rights by about 70% (but not SSM by 70%). Politicians want to be re elected.
    .
    Which means another 30% are for no rights at all, including recognition of any types of unions. And since 50% of the population is willing to give same sex couples legal marriage, that means that only about 20% are for giving limited rights to gays.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #1399
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    I reiterate: only argument for SSM comes from oligarchist SSC judges. Only argument.
    And you are wrong.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #1400
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    What's keeping a SS union from throwing a lavish celebration of their union if they aren't married? Sure the SS couple can find a lavish place to hold it, anyway. An analogy for the situation: can't force a christian wedding to be performed in a mosque, can you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •