Page 136 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1351
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,694

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I've only ever seen you mouthing off on conservatives and based on actions, I have my reservations about the veracity of your claim.
    You've been here a MONTH. I've been here SEVEN YEARS. I can't stand extremists on either end of the spectrum. You should have seen what I did to lefties in 2008 who thought going after Bristol Palin was cool... or lefties who lie about gun rights... or even lefty extremists on THIS issue. Your doubts about the veracity of my claim is based on your bias. Nothing else.

    However, in answer to your question, I believe extreme right-wingers are dangerous. I suspect that like most progressives, your idea of extreme conservative is probably quite expansive in scope and would include anyone that feels strongly that the progressive movement is bad for our society. Just a guess but I'd wager it is a good one.
    I'd guess that your idea of an extreme conservative or a progressive is anyone who feels that conservativism is bad for society.

    Btw... you'd be wrong about my position. I'd want to see WHY they think that. If it's based on nothing but their own blind dogmatism, I'd dismiss them as irrelevant and extreme. If it was based on some of their own ideals and logic, I might disagree with them, but I wouldn't consider them extreme.

    Perhaps instead of making silly all encompassing assumptions, you might want to attempt to LEARN something about those you debate.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-29-13 at 04:33 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1352
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,694

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Can we agree that poll introduced in yesterday's blogs of this thread by, I believe, C.Courtesy, which attempted to show a majority of Americans favored SSM was inconclusive?
    No, we cannot.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #1353
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,694

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Not the 2012 poll introduced by, I believe, Captain Courtesy. Show me a poll (I won't ask for a propensity) where it's so. Where SS partnerships is a viable choice.
    Not only did I post a poll where SSM vs. NO legal standing for gay unions had SSM winning, but I posted a poll where SSM vs. civil unions vs. no legal standing had SSM winning. So, no, you are wrong.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1354
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,694

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I consider myself a moderate. I suspect many rabid lefties wouldn't.
    You list as a conservative. I am no rabid lefty, but from what I've seen of you so far, I would consider you a conservative.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #1355
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,694

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time you weren't the only one wrong about something.
    It wouldn't be the first time you screwed up something you were claiming.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-29-13 at 04:23 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You list as a conservative. I am no rabid lefty, but from what I've seen of you so far, I would consider you a conservative.
    Moderate conservative.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #1357
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not only did I post a poll where SSM vs. NO legal standing for gay unions had SSM winning, but I posted a poll where SSM vs. civil unions vs. no legal standing had SSM winning. So, no, you are wrong.
    Still, the underlying FACT without the false dilemma is that more people would approve of civil unions than would approve of gay marriage. Granted, some activist ninnies do, in fact, reject civil unions because they're holding out for gay marriage but for the most part, those who favor legal regonition support BOTH civil unions and gay marriage even if they prefer "marriage". Argue that's not true at your own risk. It's a stupid argument and one that you would have no supporting facts for, but far be it from me to tell you not to try a stupid argument if you wish.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #1358
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Still, the underlying FACT without the false dilemma is that more people would approve of civil unions than would approve of gay marriage. Granted, some activist ninnies do, in fact, reject civil unions because they're holding out for gay marriage but for the most part, those who favor legal regonition support BOTH civil unions and gay marriage even if they prefer "marriage". Argue that's not true at your own risk. It's a stupid argument and one that you would have no supporting facts for, but far be it from me to tell you not to try a stupid argument if you wish.
    It doesn't really matter at all when it comes to you. You oppose any form of legal recognition of same sex relationships so I don't think people are going to be too inclined to listen to your suggestions on the matter. As you stated yourself, you are happy your state forbids civil unions.

    As for what most people approve, that doesn't really matter. Most states that forbid same sex marriage also forbid civil unions and I'm not sure why the states that support same sex marriage should be inclined to move to civil unions when it is clear that the states that oppose civil unions are not going to move toward allowing them. In the end it is best left to the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #1359
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It doesn't really matter at all when it comes to you. You oppose any form of legal recognition of same sex relationships so I don't think people are going to be too inclined to listen to your suggestions on the matter. As you stated yourself, you are happy your state forbids civil unions.

    As for what most people approve, that doesn't really matter. Most states that forbid same sex marriage also forbid civil unions and I'm not sure why the states that support same sex marriage should be inclined to move to civil unions when it is clear that the states that oppose civil unions are not going to move toward allowing them. In the end it is best left to the states.
    I'm actually inclined to want to support civil unions for the sake of compassion, but obnoxious rhetoric of militant homosexuals on this issue has put a serious damper on my compassion.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  10. #1360
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I'm actually inclined to want to support civil unions for the sake of compassion, but obnoxious rhetoric of militant homosexuals on this issue has put a serious damper on my compassion.
    I don't think you need to support civil unions. If you can't think of any reason aside from fickle "compassion" to support them, then you may be better off just opposing any legal recognition of same sex relationships. The reason those militant homosexuals act as they do is because they have principles, reasons, and vested interests in their views. If you can't see the conservative argument for recognition of same sex relationships then I don't really see the point of you trying to straddle the fence on the issue, aside from maybe a vain attempt to pretend to be more moderate on the issue than you actually are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •