Page 134 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    again this is already the case, this is true today
    so why change it? im not really understanding the motivation.
    Marriage is the word the state uses, and should be used for all unions or none.

  2. #1332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Marriage is the word the state uses, and should be used for all unions or none.
    not sure what you are trying to say here please expand.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not sure what you are trying to say here please expand.
    Use either marriage or civil union for both homosexual and heterosexual union.

  4. #1334
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Use either marriage or civil union for both homosexual and heterosexual union.
    marriage is already being used for both and it should stay that way, theres zero logical or rational reason to change it.
    only thing that needs done now is eventually all states will have to stop denying rights and discriminating and both marriage rights will be protected everywhere
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1335
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I never used homo until you used "hetero". What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you don't like it, stop dishing it out.
    Are you suggesting that there's a history of the word "hetero" being used as a form of invective, as is obviously the case with the word "homo?" No? Alrighty then.

  6. #1336
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Move to Kansas. Maybe Westboro Baptist Church will swing you the other way.

    I don't believe the butthurt act. I don't think everyone who opposes same sex marriage is a "hater" but I do think you are lacking in integrity if your principles are entirely based on being retaliatory to the whims of extremists. Yeah, there are dips on both sides. But you were never really on the "fence" if you are so clearly biased as to ignore the extremists on the other side.

    And dude, you are doing exactly what you are accusing those activists of doing. You are badmouthing and condemning everyone with a different opinion than your own and seeking sympathy for being called a "hater" by the extremists. That is hypocrisy in my book.
    I think of it more as spite than hypocrisy. Eff me? Ok. Eff you. It's really that simple. It doesn't make me the "better man". It just makes me an honest one.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #1337
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think of it more as spite than hypocrisy. Eff me? Ok. Eff you. It's really that simple. It doesn't make me the "better man". It just makes me an honest one.
    No it doesn't because you are ignoring the incidents (which occur in much bigger numbers) of those against same sex marriage and homosexuality not only saying "eff you" to homosexuals but also threatening them with violence and incarceration just due to who they are attracted to. Plus, if you considered that the "eff you" was directed at you prior to this "change of opinion" that you claimed to have had, then you weren't actually on the fence to begin with at all. You already considered yourself anti-ssm because that is the only reason why you would feel such a statement was directed at you personally from pro-ssm people, yet not feel the same way about anti-ssm statements toward pro-ssm people.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #1338
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No it doesn't because you are ignoring the incidents (which occur in much bigger numbers) of those against same sex marriage and homosexuality not only saying "eff you" to homosexuals but also threatening them with violence and incarceration just due to who they are attracted to. Plus, if you considered that the "eff you" was directed at you prior to this "change of opinion" that you claimed to have had, then you weren't actually on the fence to begin with at all. You already considered yourself anti-ssm because that is the only reason why you would feel such a statement was directed at you personally from pro-ssm people, yet not feel the same way about anti-ssm statements toward pro-ssm people.
    You don't have to be anti-Homosexual marriage to get the business from activists. Merely argue sympathy or even empathy for those that aren't ready to accept homosexual marriage.

    But at this point, I don't care about that any more. The true face of the homosexual activist movement has been revealed. So I guess there is really no point in trying to hide it now.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #1339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You don't have to be anti-Homosexual marriage to get the business from activists. Merely argue sympathy or even empathy for those that aren't ready to accept homosexual marriage.

    But at this point, I don't care about that any more. The true face of the homosexual activist movement has been revealed. So I guess there is really no point in trying to hide it now.
    The true face is people want equality.

  10. #1340
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You don't have to be anti-Homosexual marriage to get the business from activists. Merely argue sympathy or even empathy for those that aren't ready to accept homosexual marriage.

    But at this point, I don't care about that any more. The true face of the homosexual activist movement has been revealed. So I guess there is really no point in trying to hide it now.
    For most of them, you have to be anti-ssm or anti-gay rights to "get the business" from pro-ssm/pro-gay rights people.

    But again, I stand by you being anti-ssm/anti-gay rights from the beginning since you want to claim that there is a movement with some nefarious, hidden agenda that I'm willing to bet you have no real proof for/evidence of, and anything you would come up with as evidence would be from fringe ranks of the gay rights group, not be involved with trying to get same sex marriage legal at all, or really something that was made up by anti-ssm/gay rights people altogether.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •