Page 130 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1291
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    But there is no reason that homosexuals should have to just because some do not approve of same sex relationships.
    I know for a fact that for many, homosexuality truly is an "alternative lifestyle" and is a rejection of the heterosexual social and relationship model. I've discussed this with homosexuals for years and years and only recently was there a sudden change to the meme because even my homosexual brother in the past has admitted that marriage was a "hetero" institution that wouldn't work and wasn't even a good idea for homosexuals. The hetero model was exactly what they were avoiding....

    Now all of a sudden they want to mimic it? You know what... I would actually buy that somewhat for the women. I don't buy it at all for the homosexual men. I expect the following to bear out with time:

    1. Homosexual marriages will be much more rare among homosexuals than heterosexual marriages.

    2. Homosexual marriages will be much more common among homosexual women than homosexual men.

    3. Homosexual divorces will be somewhat higher than heterosexual divorces with the men skewing the numbers while the women probably faring about as well as heterosexuals, in general.

    4. Within ten yeas, the homosexual marriage novelty will have worn off and the rate of homosexual marriage will drop to nearly zero with the exceptions being women that want to have kids and men who want to rob their sugar daddies through a divorce court.

    Without ObamaCare, I'd have added, AIDS patients that want to put a friend/partner on their insurance at work. There will probably still be some of that "screw the company" reasoning for homosexual marriages, but Obamacare makes it unclear how much of that will happen.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #1292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I know for a fact that for many, homosexuality truly is an "alternative lifestyle" and is a rejection of the heterosexual social and relationship model. I've discussed this with homosexuals for years and years and only recently was there a sudden change to the meme because even my homosexual brother in the past has admitted that marriage was a "hetero" institution that wouldn't work and wasn't even a good idea for homosexuals. The hetero model was exactly what they were avoiding....

    Now all of a sudden they want to mimic it? You know what... I would actually buy that somewhat for the women. I don't buy it at all for the homosexual men. I expect the following to bear out with time:

    1. Homosexual marriages will be much more rare among homosexuals than heterosexual marriages.

    2. Homosexual marriages will be much more common among homosexual women than homosexual men.

    3. Homosexual divorces will be somewhat higher than heterosexual divorces with the men skewing the numbers while the women probably faring about as well as heterosexuals, in general.

    4. Within ten yeas, the homosexual marriage novelty will have worn off and the rate of homosexual marriage will drop to nearly zero with the exceptions being women that want to have kids and men who want to rob their sugar daddies through a divorce court.
    so homosexuals will treat marriage as flippant as heterosexuals do in ten years?

    Maybe some gay can get a divorce faster than Kim kardashian

  3. #1293
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    The rate of AIDS being 1 in 5 among homosexual males and I don't think it takes any large stretch of imagination to realize that the expensive treatment and insurance benefits of marriage have something to do with the recent drive to create same-sex marriage options. It's an angle that doesn't get talked about enough.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #1294
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    137

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Giving Homosexual marriages may cause more trouble than it is worth. The problem is discrimination and the right to marriage may cause more discrimination as a reaction to the act. The root is education to learning more about homosexual's and trust me there is a lot of discrimination. We need to realize that we are all human and there are difference's which should be respected and channeled.

  5. #1295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The rate of AIDS being 1 in 5 among homosexual males and I don't think it takes any large stretch of imagination to realize that the expensive treatment and insurance benefits of marriage have something to do with the recent drive to create same-sex marriage options. It's an angle that doesn't get talked about enough.
    People want to get married out of love not health insurance.

  6. #1296
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    If by "control" you mean repress them or ignore them or otherwise fail to act on them, that is obvious. If by exert control you mean change them, you are wrong, and you've already tried and failed to make that point.
    You're aware of male genitals and how they work, yes?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #1297
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    But there is no reason that homosexuals should have to just because some do not approve of same sex relationships.
    Wrong conclusion you jumped to.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #1298
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    People want to get married out of love not health insurance.
    Gay marriage was never an issue until the AIDS epidemic and the subsequent issues with "partner benefits". If you are gay then you know the real problem with what I'm saying is that it's one of the dirty little secrets of the LGBT community that has been trying to figure out ways to work through the AIDS crisis and the ensuing difficulties of insurance, medical costs, hospitalization issues, etc. You and I both know there will be a lot of homosexual marriages purely for the sake of insurance, now. 1 in 5. That's a scary number. As much as we know about prevention and it's still 1 in 5 for homosexual males? Insurance is absolutely a part of this discussion and one of the drivers for the "gay marriage" that no one wanted until the aids epidemic came along.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #1299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Gay marriage was never an issue until the AIDS epidemic and the subsequent issues with "partner benefits". If you are gay then you know the real problem with what I'm saying is that it's one of the dirty little secrets of the LGBT community that has been trying to figure out ways to work through the AIDS crisis and the ensuing difficulties of insurance, medical costs, hospitalization issues, etc. You and I both know there will be a lot of homosexual marriages purely for the sake of insurance, now. 1 in 5. That's a scary number. As much as we know about prevention and it's still 1 in 5 for homosexual males? Insurance is absolutely a part of this discussion and one of the drivers for the "gay marriage" that no one wanted until the aids epidemic came along.
    aids has been around since the late 70's long before the push for same sex marriage. it has nothing to do with insurance. other than the same rights to benefits as heteros. it is about equality.

  10. #1300
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    137

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    People in these debates seem to miss the point and minds seem to be very narrow just AN OBSERVATION

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •