Page 127 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1261
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No...think about it.
    You should probably listen to your own advice.

  2. #1262
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I know homosexuals want everyone to believe it's a state of being... a virtual "race" of sorts. However, homosexuality is having sex with someone that is of the same sex. That's what a homosexual is. A child molestor is someone that molests children. A person can think about it without being a child molestor. It's the behavior that defines them just as it does a homosexual. Nothing BUT behavior makes someone a homosexual. Except for lusting after and/or having sex with someone of the same sex, one is not a homosexual and both of those things are behaviors.
    There is not anything wrong with having sex with someone of the same sex. No one is actually hurt. We are talking about consenting adults. Not children, who are easily manipulated and are actually harmed by someone having sex with them. And there can be no serious, mutually beneficial, consenting, intimate relationship between an adult and a child. There can be this, and quite often is, between two people of the same sex.

    A pedophile is a pedophile whether he/she acts on that impulse or not. You are confusing child molester with pedophile/pedophilia. Child molesters don't always molest children because they are attracted to them. Pedophiles are always attracted to children, but don't always molest children. You are confusing terms and that is the same thing you do with homosexuality. Having a same sex sexual encounter is not homosexuality. Homosexuality is being attracted to a person of the same sex, whether you act on that impulse or not. A same sex sexual encounter does not make a person homosexual.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #1263
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Thank you for being honest about the behavior being the difference. My point is that the equal rights argument doesn't fly for groups defined entirely by their behavior and that governments can, in fact, discriminate against behavior. This is an argument that homosexuals need to win by winning the hearts of people not by speciously arguing that it's an "equal rights" issue and that anyone that opposes them is a hate-filled bigot. Unfortunately that seems to be the tack, though.

    I think Americans want to be sympathetic. I think if you fall in love with someone from another country, you should be able to go through proper channels to get them here and be with them even if you are a homosexual. I think you should be able to visit a lover in the hospital even if you are a homosexual. I think if your lover dies, you should have normal inheritance that any spouse would have. Civil Unions with all the rights of marriage would have solved that problem and given those that consider marriage a fundamental and basic building block of society some respect to their beliefs. Instead it's "eff-you" and "you are a hating bigot" and "you must have wanted blacks to drink from separate water fountains".

    Which brings me back to the opinion that they can kiss my ass and I'd rather eat dirt than throw my support toward gay marriage or even civil unions because when all is said and done, the gay activist community has proven that it's not about civil rights at all. That was just the angle they agreed to take.
    Yes it does.

    Mr. and Mrs. Loving didn't have to be together, in a relationship because of their races. Their individual races did not force them together. It was merely being used against their being together. For no good reason, with no state interest being furthered by this restriction. Two people of the opposite sex don't have to be together in a relationship. Their individual sexes/genders do not force them together. And two people of the same sex don't have to be together in a relationship. Their sexes/genders aren't forcing them together. But their sexes/genders are being used against their being together. For no good reason, with no state interest being furthered by this restriction.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #1264
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    They are asexual. You cannot be identified as a homosexual without behavior that identifies you as homosexual. You can say you are, but there is no real difference between you and anyone else until you act on sexual desires for the same sex.

    I don't think it is right to say that a youth is a homosexual because he has feelings for someone of the same sex. That may pass. It may not. Only the behavior ultimately determines whether a person is a homosexual.
    No, they aren't.

    The definition of asexuality is lacking in sexual attraction to anyone, of either sex/gender.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
    No sex please: An asexual life - Features - Health & Families - The Independent

    There is a difference between having no desire to have sex and controlling your desire to have sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #1265
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    They are asexual. You cannot be identified as a homosexual without behavior that identifies you as homosexual. You can say you are, but there is no real difference between you and anyone else until you act on sexual desires for the same sex.

    I don't think it is right to say that a youth is a homosexual because he has feelings for someone of the same sex. That may pass. It may not. Only the behavior ultimately determines whether a person is a homosexual.
    You are wrong. It is the attraction that defines a person's sexuality, not their actions on that attraction.

    sexuality - definition of sexuality by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    Sexuality

    Desire is an interest in being sexual.
    In order to be asexual, a person cannot have any interest in sex at all. If a person is interested in having sex, but simply controls those feelings, they are sexual, either homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual. They are not asexual.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #1266
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You would be more correct to say you disagree than "you are wrong". There are plenty of people in the psychiatric field that have and even still do take my view on it even if not all do.



    Full article with both pro and con is taken from Who's Gay? What's Straight? - How Do You Define Sexual Orientation? | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS
    You are using a highly outdated definition. Definitions change over time. You cannot claim that because it was defined a certain way years ago, that that definition has to apply now. The definition is outdated due to better understanding of what sexuality is.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #1267
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yup. You think the above, I believe that the extreme conservatives will destroy this country unless they are stopped. Then again, I think the same about extreme liberals. Do you denounce extremism on both sides of the coin, or is it just me?
    I've only ever seen you mouthing off on conservatives and based on actions, I have my reservations about the veracity of your claim. However, in answer to your question, I believe extreme right-wingers are dangerous. I suspect that like most progressives, your idea of extreme conservative is probably quite expansive in scope and would include anyone that feels strongly that the progressive movement is bad for our society. Just a guess but I'd wager it is a good one.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #1268
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Can we agree that poll introduced in yesterday's blogs of this thread by, I believe, C.Courtesy, which attempted to show a majority of Americans favored SSM was inconclusive?
    Last edited by cabse5; 06-28-13 at 01:34 PM.

  9. #1269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Can we agree that poll introduced in yesterday's blogs of this thread by, I believe, C.Courtesy, which attempted to show a majority of Americans favored SSM was inconclusive?
    In various polls when asked gay marrige yes or no the majority of polls were pro gay marriage.

  10. #1270
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    How you consider yourself right, left, moderate, etc. (almost everyone thinks they're moderate) is relative. Just as how everyone else sees your political beliefs... relative. So if you think someone else's politics are radical or dangerous, just think, they probably think yours is too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •