Page 125 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Again circular logic... Homosexuals ONLY lust for the same sex, heterosexuals ONLY lust for the opposite sex...they are defined by their behavior identified as "lust." Unless you are claiming heterosexuals lust for both sexes you are showing no difference in behaviors.
    More disingenuous argumentation. Is it the same behavior for a cocker spaniel to hump another cocker spaniel or your leg? No. Crying for happiness and crying for joy are not the same behavior. Lusting after people of the same sex is one behavior and lusting after people of a different sex is a different behavior. If your argument is that lust is lust and sex is sex, then you must be bisexual because your mindset seems to swing both ways and can't tell the difference between one sex and another. Take away the behavioral aspect and it is impossible to tell a homosexual from a heterosexual. And that's to be expected since the defining characteristic of both is merely behavior. It's not hair color. It's not height or skin color. It's not religion. The only common denominator among homosexuals is sexual behavior.

  2. #1242
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I know... it must suck for you to be called out on being wrong so often. Here's a good blueprint for you to understand this issue a bit better. First, learn the difference between the terms "sexual orientation" and "sexual behavior". For some odd reason, this seems to be quite the confusing concept for many on your side of the issue. I think it's denial and dishonesty, but I might be wrong. It might be an actual confusion on what those terms mean. Your next step would be to understand the many ways that procreation can occur, and the concept of "if the equipment works, then an individual can procreate". You can then, by combining these two concepts, understand the nature of marriage and realize why everything you have posted thus far is both factually and logically incorrect. This will help you to be wrong less often, henceforth, allowing you to be called out on being wrong less often. There. Glad I could help.
    Your bias is showing. You might want to tuck it in a bit. Sexual orientation is defined by behavior. If you attempt to become intimate with people of the same sex, you are homosexual. Even thinking is a behavior. If you THINK you want to have sex with others of the same sex, you might very well also be homosexual, but again, it's the behavior that defines you. It is your sexual orientation and that is defined by behavior.

  3. #1243
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    More disingenuous argumentation. Is it the same behavior for a cocker spaniel to hump another cocker spaniel or your leg? No. Crying for happiness and crying for joy are not the same behavior. Lusting after people of the same sex is one behavior and lusting after people of a different sex is a different behavior. If your argument is that lust is lust and sex is sex, then you must be bisexual because your mindset seems to swing both ways and can't tell the difference between one sex and another. Take away the behavioral aspect and it is impossible to tell a homosexual from a heterosexual. And that's to be expected since the defining characteristic of both is merely behavior. It's not hair color. It's not height or skin color. It's not religion. The only common denominator among homosexuals is sexual behavior.
    Wrong. The defining concept is attraction. Acting on that attraction is irrelevant. This is another example of the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. Here's another: someone who is heterosexual can engage in sexual behavior with someone of the same sex and still be heterosexual.

    Getting the difference, yet?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1244
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Your bias is showing. You might want to tuck it in a bit. Sexual orientation is defined by behavior.
    Your lack of understanding of the terms is showing. You might want to read up on them to understand them better. I do find it interesting that you haven't realized how completely wrong you have been proven... even with all of the examples provided for you. I suppose that's what bias does.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #1245
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    More disingenuous argumentation. Is it the same behavior for a cocker spaniel to hump another cocker spaniel or your leg? No. Crying for happiness and crying for joy are not the same behavior. Lusting after people of the same sex is one behavior and lusting after people of a different sex is a different behavior. If your argument is that lust is lust and sex is sex, then you must be bisexual because your mindset seems to swing both ways and can't tell the difference between one sex and another. Take away the behavioral aspect and it is impossible to tell a homosexual from a heterosexual. And that's to be expected since the defining characteristic of both is merely behavior. It's not hair color. It's not height or skin color. It's not religion. The only common denominator among homosexuals is sexual behavior.
    Despite that reply you miss my point about your argument. The question remains, what point are you trying to make in emphasizing this difference vis a vis gay marriage?

  6. #1246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I know homosexuals want everyone to believe it's a state of being... a virtual "race" of sorts. However, homosexuality is having sex with someone that is of the same sex. That's what a homosexual is. A child molestor is someone that molests children. A person can think about it without being a child molestor. It's the behavior that defines them just as it does a homosexual. Nothing BUT behavior makes someone a homosexual. Except for lusting after and/or having sex with someone of the same sex, one is not a homosexual and both of those things are behaviors.
    orientation is not behavior.

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Despite that reply you miss my point about your argument. No one disputes there is a difference in "behavior." The question remains, what point are you trying to make in emphasizing this difference vis a vis gay marriage?
    Thank you for being honest about the behavior being the difference. My point is that the equal rights argument doesn't fly for groups defined entirely by their behavior and that governments can, in fact, discriminate against behavior. This is an argument that homosexuals need to win by winning the hearts of people not by speciously arguing that it's an "equal rights" issue and that anyone that opposes them is a hate-filled bigot. Unfortunately that seems to be the tack, though.

    I think Americans want to be sympathetic. I think if you fall in love with someone from another country, you should be able to go through proper channels to get them here and be with them even if you are a homosexual. I think you should be able to visit a lover in the hospital even if you are a homosexual. I think if your lover dies, you should have normal inheritance that any spouse would have. Civil Unions with all the rights of marriage would have solved that problem and given those that consider marriage a fundamental and basic building block of society some respect to their beliefs. Instead it's "eff-you" and "you are a hating bigot" and "you must have wanted blacks to drink from separate water fountains".

    Which brings me back to the opinion that they can kiss my ass and I'd rather eat dirt than throw my support toward gay marriage or even civil unions because when all is said and done, the gay activist community has proven that it's not about civil rights at all. That was just the angle they agreed to take.

  8. #1248
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    orientation is not behavior.
    It is DEFINED by behavior. A compass has an orientation to the north. We know that because it's behavior is to always turn to the north. The behavior defines and identifies the orientation.

  9. #1249
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It is DEFINED by behavior. A compass has an orientation to the north. We know that because it's behavior is to always turn to the north. The behavior defines and identifies the orientation.
    No it isn't. It's defined by attraction. Here's what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    However, homosexuality is having sex with someone that is of the same sex. That's what a homosexual is.
    If a homosexual decides to remain celibate and not behave sexually even though they are attracted to members of the same sex, what are they?

    Understanding the difference, yet?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #1250
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If a homosexual decides to remain celibate and not behave sexually even though they are attracted to members of the same sex, what are they?
    They are asexual. You cannot be identified as a homosexual without behavior that identifies you as homosexual. You can say you are, but there is no real difference between you and anyone else until you act on sexual desires for the same sex.

    I don't think it is right to say that a youth is a homosexual because he has feelings for someone of the same sex. That may pass. It may not. Only the behavior ultimately determines whether a person is a homosexual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •