Page 124 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1231
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No it isn't. That's homosexual BEHAVIOR. Homosexuality is not an act. Orientation is a noun, not a verb.



    A child molester is someone who molests children. A homosexual is one that is attracted to someone of the same sex. That does NOT mean they act on this attraction. You are confusing terms.



    As I have shown, this of course is completely incorrect, no matter how badly you want it to be.
    Your spin on this is noted. Thanks for sharing.

  2. #1232
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yes. Unlike homosexuals, we don't define our very existence and being by our sexual preference. We don't state heterosexual pride parades to draw attention to the wonderfulness that is us. We don't walk around with gay pride shirts on. We don't feel the need to make sure every person we run into knows we go for the opposite sex whether they like it or not.
    Well, while it is true heterosexuals do not need to engage in "pride parades" we do display our pride in many other obvious ways.

    Through advertising media displaying and emphasizing same sex relationships when selling products or expressing social and political ideals; harangues during religious and political events stressing the importance of marriage and family and condemning that “other” expression of loving relationships; requiring solo attendance if you are not bringing an opposite sex partner to proms; condoning public acts that attempt to degrade and humiliate gays; etc., etc. etc.

    We don’t need to display pride because it is a natural outgrowth of our social dominance and occurs in everything we do on a daily basis.


    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    To heterosexuals, it's not a "state of being". We just engage the opposite sex and that's that. Homosexuals lust after people of the same sex. Heterosexuals don't. The difference is behavior.
    That's a rather circular argument. "They lust after people of the same sex. Heterosexuals don't" (i.e. we lust after people of the opposite sex.) "The difference is behavior." In what way? Both groups are exhibiting "lust," therefore, in accordance with your premises, BOTH are exhibiting behavior.

    Your argument lacks essential merit, it is illogical.

  3. #1233
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Your spin on this is noted. Thanks for sharing.
    Your denial of reality and of the definition of terms is noted. Thanks for sharing.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #1234
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Well, while it is true heterosexuals do not need to engage in "pride parades" we do display our pride in many other obvious ways.

    Through advertising media displaying and emphasizing same sex relationships when selling products or expressing social and political ideals; harangues during religious and political events stressing the importance of marriage and family and condemning that “other” expression of loving relationships; requiring solo attendance if you are not bringing an opposite sex partner to proms; condoning public acts that attempt to degrade and humiliate gays; etc., etc. etc.

    We don’t need to display pride because it is a natural outgrowth of our social dominance and occurs in everything we do on a daily basis.




    That's a rather circular argument. "They lust after people of the same sex. Heterosexuals don't" (i.e. we lust after people of the opposite sex.) "The difference is behavior." In what way? Both groups are exhibiting "lust," therefore, in accordance with your premises, BOTH are exhibiting behavior.

    Your argument lacks essential merit, it is illogical.
    According to your argument vegans and carnivores are the same because they both eat. It is the act of eating ONLY meat or ONLY vegetables that distinguishes one from the other. They are defined by their behavior. So are homosexuals.

  5. #1235
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    According to your argument vegans and carnivores are the same because they both eat. It is the act of eating ONLY meat or ONLY vegetables that distinguishes one from the other. They are defined by their behavior. So are homosexuals.
    According to YOUR argument, heterosexuals are also defined by their behavior. If you are going to make an illogical and incorrect argument, I hope you will at least be consistent with it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1236
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your denial of reality and of the definition of terms is noted. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for sharing your "You are but what am I" snappy comeback. Pee-Wee Herman would be proud of you.

  7. #1237
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Thank you for sharing your "You are but what am I" snappy comeback. Pee-Wee Herman would be proud of you.
    I'm sorry that you don't like being called on your inaccuracies. There is a simple solution to that problem. Stop being inaccurate. Otherwise, I will continue to point out when you are wrong... which seems to be a lot.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1238
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm sorry that you don't like being called on your inaccuracies. There is a simple solution to that problem. Stop being inaccurate. Otherwise, I will continue to point out when you are wrong... which seems to be a lot.
    You are confused. You seem to think things are just whatever you say they are just because... well, because you say so. The cuteness of that wears off quickly.

  9. #1239
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    According to your argument vegans and carnivores are the same because they both eat. It is the act of eating ONLY meat or ONLY vegetables that distinguishes one from the other. They are defined by their behavior. So are homosexuals.
    Again circular logic... Homosexuals ONLY lust for the same sex, heterosexuals ONLY lust for the opposite sex...they are defined by their behavior identified as "lust." Unless you are claiming heterosexuals lust for both sexes you are showing no difference in behaviors.

    Can't you see the basic fallacy of your (repeated) argument? What are you trying to prove, merely the already accepted fact they are different in their sexual activities? Does not make them non-human.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 06-28-13 at 09:36 AM.

  10. #1240
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You are confused. You seem to think things are just whatever you say they are just because... well, because you say so. The cuteness of that wears off quickly.
    I know... it must suck for you to be called out on being wrong so often. Here's a good blueprint for you to understand this issue a bit better. First, learn the difference between the terms "sexual orientation" and "sexual behavior". For some odd reason, this seems to be quite the confusing concept for many on your side of the issue. I think it's denial and dishonesty, but I might be wrong. It might be an actual confusion on what those terms mean. Your next step would be to understand the many ways that procreation can occur, and the concept of "if the equipment works, then an individual can procreate". You can then, by combining these two concepts, understand the nature of marriage and realize why everything you have posted thus far is both factually and logically incorrect. This will help you to be wrong less often, henceforth, allowing you to be called out on being wrong less often. There. Glad I could help.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •