Page 123 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull
    license = permission. Marriage licenses WERE, in fact, societal permission to have children.
    I couldn't help but when I read this post. I'm thinking to myself, "Man, if that where the case we need to build a whole lot more jails because there has to literally be hundreds of bastard (illegitimate) children born in this country every day!"

    You've been fed a bogus lie, my friend, from the talking heads out there. You don't need a marriage license to have children; never have. You do, however, need a marriage license for your "union" to be recognized in the state where you reside. Perhaps you should read the Wikipedia article I posted earlier. I should straighten you out on the myth you've been fed.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  2. #1222
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I couldn't help but when I read this post. I'm thinking to myself, "Man, if that where the case we need to build a whole lot more jails because there has to literally be hundreds of bastard (illegitimate) children born in this country every day!"

    You've been fed a bogus lie, my friend, from the talking heads out there. You don't need a marriage license to have children; never have. You do, however, need a marriage license for your "union" to be recognized in the state where you reside. Perhaps you should read the Wikipedia article I posted earlier. I should straighten you out on the myth you've been fed.
    People don't go to prison for having a dog without a license. This is a strawman argument. The fact that marriage gave permission and approval by society for a couple to start a family does not and did not mean that you can't have as many bastards as you would like or that you go to prison for doing it. Is have thought reasonably intelligent people would understand this. I am thinking this is more just the dishonest argumentation that is a defining characteristic of the progressives than it is stupidity, though. I don't think anyone capable of logging onto a computer is too stupid to understand this.

    I will add one thing as an aside. Those ignorant mouthpieces among you that want to rant about haters and call anyone that opposes homosexual marriage a bigot merely harden the position against it. After all the venom I've seen from the pinko left after this, I'll go out of my way to vote against it. Funny that I never was a hater but all the name-calling, vitriol and nastiness from the punk left may end up making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone that disagrees with the progressive agenda today gets called a racist, bigot and hater. And every time that happens, the chasm between the right and left widens. It makes it damned hard to be sympathetic to "the cause".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #1223
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You just contradicted yourself, all in one sentence.
    No...think about it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #1224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    People don't go to prison for having a dog without a license. This is a strawman argument. The fact that marriage gave permission and approval by society for a couple to start a family does not and did not mean that you can't have as many bastards as you would like or that you go to prison for doing it. Is have thought reasonably intelligent people would understand this. I am thinking this is more just the dishonest argumentation that is a defining characteristic of the progressives than it is stupidity, though. I don't think anyone capable of logging onto a computer is too stupid to understand this.

    I will add one thing as an aside. Those ignorant mouthpieces among you that want to rant about haters and call anyone that opposes homosexual marriage a bigot merely harden the position against it. After all the venom I've seen from the pinko left after this, I'll go out of my way to vote against it. Funny that I never was a hater but all the name-calling, vitriol and nastiness from the punk left may end up making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone that disagrees with the progressive agenda today gets called a racist, bigot and hater. And every time that happens, the chasm between the right and left widens. It makes it damned hard to be sympathetic to "the cause".
    so you didn't hate before, but now you do? I don't buy it. You always were a hater.

  5. #1225
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No...think about it.
    Yeah, you did. Roguenuke and Aderleth both pointed it out, too.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #1226
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    People don't go to prison for having a dog without a license. This is a strawman argument. The fact that marriage gave permission and approval by society for a couple to start a family does not and did not mean that you can't have as many bastards as you would like or that you go to prison for doing it. Is have thought reasonably intelligent people would understand this. I am thinking this is more just the dishonest argumentation that is a defining characteristic of the progressives than it is stupidity, though. I don't think anyone capable of logging onto a computer is too stupid to understand this.

    I will add one thing as an aside. Those ignorant mouthpieces among you that want to rant about haters and call anyone that opposes homosexual marriage a bigot merely harden the position against it. After all the venom I've seen from the pinko left after this, I'll go out of my way to vote against it. Funny that I never was a hater but all the name-calling, vitriol and nastiness from the punk left may end up making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone that disagrees with the progressive agenda today gets called a racist, bigot and hater. And every time that happens, the chasm between the right and left widens. It makes it damned hard to be sympathetic to "the cause".
    The far right says that same sex marriage supporters are destroying the country and are going to burn in eternal hell. Is it really wise to let extremists dictate views? How should I respond to those kinds of condemnations?

    You reveal your bias when you acknowledge the extremists of only one side of the debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #1227
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    People don't go to prison for having a dog without a license. This is a strawman argument. The fact that marriage gave permission and approval by society for a couple to start a family does not and did not mean that you can't have as many bastards as you would like or that you go to prison for doing it. Is have thought reasonably intelligent people would understand this. I am thinking this is more just the dishonest argumentation that is a defining characteristic of the progressives than it is stupidity, though. I don't think anyone capable of logging onto a computer is too stupid to understand this.

    I will add one thing as an aside. Those ignorant mouthpieces among you that want to rant about haters and call anyone that opposes homosexual marriage a bigot merely harden the position against it. After all the venom I've seen from the pinko left after this, I'll go out of my way to vote against it. Funny that I never was a hater but all the name-calling, vitriol and nastiness from the punk left may end up making it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Everyone that disagrees with the progressive agenda today gets called a racist, bigot and hater. And every time that happens, the chasm between the right and left widens. It makes it damned hard to be sympathetic to "the cause".
    Interestingly enough, all of the stupidity and bigotry that has been spewed from the extreme RIGHT on this issue has helped me to be pushed closer and close to supporting SSM as fully as possible over the years. I never used to really be disgusted by positions on the extreme right, but when I see posts like the above, those that present a lack of logic and/or distortion or ignoring of facts just to present a biased, moralistic, attacking agenda, makes me realize that extremists on the right really need to be defeated. They tyranny that they present, ESPECIALLY when based on ignorance of issues is quite possibly the most dangerous thing to our country.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1228
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You do not know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. This is a major reason why your arguments keep failing. Sexual orientation is a state of being. Sexual behaviors are ACTIONS. Firstly, one is a noun and the other is a verb. Secondly, sexual behaviors that gays do, straights can do... and do. You cannot define someone by their sexual behaviors, only by their orientation. There, now you know. Hopefully, this will assist you in not making this error again.
    I know homosexuals want everyone to believe it's a state of being... a virtual "race" of sorts. However, homosexuality is having sex with someone that is of the same sex. That's what a homosexual is. A child molestor is someone that molests children. A person can think about it without being a child molestor. It's the behavior that defines them just as it does a homosexual. Nothing BUT behavior makes someone a homosexual. Except for lusting after and/or having sex with someone of the same sex, one is not a homosexual and both of those things are behaviors.

  9. #1229
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    The far right says that same sex marriage supporters are destroying the country and are going to burn in eternal hell. Is it really wise to let extremists dictate views? How should I respond to those kinds of condemnations?

    You reveal your bias when you acknowledge the extremists of only one side of the debate.
    I am definitely biased. I was on the fence and quite ambivalent about it for some time. Every time I hear homosexual advocates accuse everyone who disagrees with them of being a hater and a bigot, it just hardens the issue for me. I'm not on the fence any more. I'm glad this state not only doesn't allow homosexual marriage but forbids civil unions or anything resembling them and won't recognize them in this or any other state. I'm guessing the politicians that signed that amendment to the state constitution into law got called haters and bigots a few times too many, too. I'd sign the damned thing with blood because the left has made it a cultural war. So screw 'em. You'll probably win the war eventually, but it'll take years and you'll have to spend millions and even billions in court cases to finally get a case before judges demented enough to let you have your way. But it won't be soon. You were a lot more sympathetic when you were pretending to just be poor souls deprived of rights instead of making it clear that you are just a bunch of punk-ass activists badmouthing and condemning everyone with a different opinion than your own.

  10. #1230
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I know homosexuals want everyone to believe it's a state of being... a virtual "race" of sorts. However, homosexuality is having sex with someone that is of the same sex. That's what a homosexual is.
    No it isn't. That's homosexual BEHAVIOR. Homosexuality is not an act. Orientation is a noun, not a verb.

    A child molestor is someone that molests children. A person can think about it without being a child molestor. It's the behavior that defines them just as it does a homosexual.
    A child molester is someone who molests children. A homosexual is one that is attracted to someone of the same sex. That does NOT mean they act on this attraction. You are confusing terms.

    Nothing BUT behavior makes someone a homosexual. Except for lusting after and/or having sex with someone of the same sex, one is not a homosexual and both of those things are behaviors.
    As I have shown, this of course is completely incorrect, no matter how badly you want it to be.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •