Page 116 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1151
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    And you are trying to play the same self-stroking narcissistic game I've seen heard so many other homosexuals try to run down about their "group's" contributions to history as though there was some sort of wonderful thing about the "gay culture" that made people contribute special things to the sciences and arts and business than plain ol' heterosexuals would have or could have done. Go ahead and make the case that the "gay culture" has contributed significantly to society in any way other than as individuals utterly independent of their sexual activity.... just like any other nondescript group of people that is only defined by specific sexual behavior.
    I know that I cannot force myself to be attracted to just any guy. There are plenty of men who have shown interest in me in the past that I was not attracted to. And there are some who would have been good catches. Why would you assume that a person has a say in this? Even if it isn't something genetic, it still is something that is innate and/or not a conscious choice.

    This is my question. Why did Mr. Loving have to be married to Mrs. Loving? If we can choose who we are attracted to, as you claim, then they should have been able to each choose someone of their own race instead. Afterall, their relative races isn't what put them in a relationship, but rather just them choosing to be in one. What was the purpose of changing the laws for their relationship, just because they couldn't choose to be with someone of their own race?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #1152
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yes.
    Great. So I'm sure you can tell me when you decided to be straight, right? Describe the first time you made a conscious decision to confine your lust to women. If you're as sure about this as you claim to be, you can do that, can't you?

  3. #1153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Do I need to provide you links that say "homosexuality is a behavior"? Probably not. We can find links to say anything we want, and it's superfluous since it's obvious that homosexuality is a behavior. Lusting is a behavior. If you lust after or engage in sex with someone of the same sex, you are a homosexual. It's defined by behavior and you can shout "bull****" from dusk till dawn and it won't change that.
    Sexual orientation is a condition. It is basically set in stone by the time humans reach adolescence. It may indeed by sooner. Needless to say, sexual orientation has a lot to do with one's identity and how one relates to the society and others. To claim that homosexuality is just a behavior is like saying heterosexuality is just about having children. It's an absurd reduction of a complex human condition: our sexuality.

  4. #1154
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Unlike homosexuals, we don't define our very existence and being by our sexual preference.

    To heterosexuals, it's not a "state of being". We just engage the opposite sex and that's that. Homosexuals lust after people of the same sex. Heterosexuals don't. The difference is behavior.
    LOL...aside from the fact that you are differentiating hetero from homo (the "defining)...are you seriously arguing that heterosexuals do not "lust" after other heterosexuals?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1155
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't have to show they are "wonderful", all I have to show is that they DO contribute meaningfully to society....but wait....you just did that......and you also gave examples of how YOU stereotype them, how YOU subject them to discriminatory actions......YOU have made my case entirely in showing that they are a class subject to discrimination who contributes meaningfully to society.

    You made my case, thank YOU!
    LOL!!! You are a very confused individual. There was no case made that homosexuals comprise a group that contributes in any special way to society. Religion does. Homosexuality does not. By your argument, any group, defined by any behavior, would and could be a suspect class merely because some individuals in the group have contributed something of value to society at one time or another.

    You have poor reasoning and if you are young and have ideas about going to law school, do yourself a favor and forget about it.

  6. #1156
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...are seriously arguing that heterosexuals do not "lust" after other heterosexuals?
    I think you just had a brain fart... and a runny one at that. I said that homosexuals lust after people of the same sex. And heterosexuals do not. If you would take some remedial reading comprehension classes, you would realize that meant that heterosexuals lust after people of the opposite sex. (they may or may not be heterosexual).
    Last edited by Papa bull; 06-27-13 at 06:07 PM.

  7. #1157
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Sexual orientation is a condition. It is basically set in stone by the time humans reach adolescence.
    This is refuted by the reality that people have been known to switch teams several times. Therefore your statement cannot be a genuine fact even if you think it might be a reasonable assumption as a generality. It is still just an assumption and not a proven fact.

    It may indeed by sooner. Needless to say, sexual orientation has a lot to do with one's identity and how one relates to the society and others. To claim that homosexuality is just a behavior is like saying heterosexuality is just about having children. It's an absurd reduction of a complex human condition: our sexuality.
    Heterosexuality is, basically, just about having children. Hence the reason so many homosexuals refer to heterosexuals in the pejorative as "breeders". It's certainly not a "way of life". When I'm asked what I am, my sexual orientation never comes to mind as my defining characteristic. For gay people it does. And that's queer (no pun intended).

  8. #1158
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    LOL!!! You are a very confused individual. There was no case made that homosexuals comprise a group that contributes in any special way to society.
    The criteria is "contribute in a meaningful way", not special, not wonderful. You admitted that homosexuals DO contribute POSITIVELY like many other groups.


    Religion does. Homosexuality does not.
    Homosexuals DO, remember, this is about the GROUP, not the characteristic.


    By your argument, any group, defined by any behavior, would and could be a suspect class merely because some individuals in the group have contributed something of value to society at one time or another.
    This is a stupid statement, you either do not know the criteria for suspect groups, 2 of the criteria are that they contribute meaningfully to society AND are discriminated against.

    You have poor reasoning and if you are young and have ideas about going to law school, do yourself a favor and forget about it.
    It doesn't take a student to destroy your arguments.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 06-27-13 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1159
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yes. Unlike homosexuals, we don't define our very existence and being by our sexual preference. We don't state heterosexual pride parades to draw attention to the wonderfulness that is us. We don't walk around with gay pride shirts on. We don't feel the need to make sure every person we run into knows we go for the opposite sex whether they like it or not.

    To heterosexuals, it's not a "state of being". We just engage the opposite sex and that's that. Homosexuals lust after people of the same sex. Heterosexuals don't. The difference is behavior.
    Most gays that I've talked to don't define their whole existence by their preference. Who are these gay people that you know?

    They must live where all the "freestuffers that make up the rest of the left" live. I'll have to inform my employer that I don't actually work for them, and probably inform the court that I'm gay since that could make a difference in my divorce. Huh...all along I thought I was straight and worked for a living....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #1160
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think you just had a brain fart... and a runny one at that. I said that homosexuals lust after people of the same sex. And heterosexuals do not. If you would take some remedial reading comprehension classes, you would realize that meant that heterosexuals lust after people of the opposite sex. (they may or may not be heterosexual).
    My my, you don't even understand your own argument. Your argument was that heteros do not define themselves on their behaviour (but they do, you just defined how they do, it is inherent in the definition), you then tried to say that homosexuals are defined by their "lust", as if this was something that differentiates them from heteros. It doesn't. I know that heterosexuals and homosexuals are defined by who they are attracted to.....frigging duh.

    You were implying that the ADDITIONAL difference was the amount of lust inherent to homosexuals. Where you get this from, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •