Page 113 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1121
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Possibly so..... but I don't hear anyone chastising homosexuals about "keeping it in the bedroom" just for mentioning some day-to-day activity they enjoyed with their partner.
    Probably not on a day-to-day basis, but nearly every thread seems to come down to "keep it in the bedroom."

    I've not met anyone who doesn't "keep it in the bedroom." An acknowledgement of who one is not a discussion of sexual activity, but too many people think it is.

  2. #1122
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Most of us have far more control over it than we give ourselves credit for.
    Nonsense. The day you can decide to be attracted to someone not of your preferred gender, you might have a point. Hell, the day you can decide within your preferred gender you might have a point. Do you have any idea how much easier life would be if I could just decide to be attracted to fat chicks with bad skin and BO?

  3. #1123
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You didn't like it when I used incest and pedophiles as alternative examples of groups defined entirely by their behavior just like homosexuals are defined entirely by their behavior.

    But it is a fact that people can be discriminated against based on their behavior. Would you patronize a bar or restaurant owned by a white supremacist? They're another group defined entirely by their behavior.
    I was not aware that child molesters, pedophiles, WS's.....were contributing meaningfully to society.

    But I guess you do beleive they do!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1124
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I don't think that should astonish anyone given that these are two of the most "progressive" state courts in the land.
    I'm good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1125
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I was not aware that child molesters, pedophiles, WS's.....were contributing meaningfully to society?

    But I guess you do beleive they do!
    I don't think the sexual behavior of child molestors, pedophiles or homosexuals contribute meaningfully to society, but neither does that sexual behavior prevent them from somehow contributing to society otherwise. You're really bolstering my point; that the only thing that makes them identifiable as a group is their behavior. Otherwise, there is no common defining characteristic shared by all of them.

  6. #1126
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm good with that.
    Me, too. They decide the law for two of the most progressive states in the country, so I'm good with them being progressive as they are. It's a good fit for them.

  7. #1127
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I don't think the sexual behavior of child molestors, pedophiles or homosexuals contribute meaningfully to society, but neither does that sexual behavior prevent them from somehow contributing to society otherwise. You're really bolstering my point; that the only thing that makes them identifiable as a group is their behavior. Otherwise, there is no common defining characteristic shared by all of them.
    Um, this is getting beyond stupid, the criteria for a suspect class includes whether these classes are contributing meaningfully to society. The groups you mentioned, as defined by their identification, do not.

    You are reducing your argument to absurdity.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1128
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Nonsense. The day you can decide to be attracted to someone not of your preferred gender, you might have a point. Hell, the day you can decide within your preferred gender you might have a point. Do you have any idea how much easier life would be if I could just decide to be attracted to fat chicks with bad skin and BO?
    Ever been to prison?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #1129
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Ever been to prison?
    You do not want to go down that road. It ain't helpful to the point you're making.

  10. #1130
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    You do not want to go down that road. It ain't helpful to the point you're making.
    I know I don't, prison sucks.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •