Page 112 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1111
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You didn't ask me if I could before. You suggested I should.
    No. I challenged you to do so. You failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's not your call. You can if you want, though.
    No I can't, actually. That's kind of the point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    If I've already decided, why should I change my mind?
    If you had, that would be interesting, because you'd be the first person in history to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    On the other hand, bisexuals seem to change their mind all the time
    If it seems that way to you than you don't really understand what bisexuality is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    and I know some self-proclaimed hard-core homosexuals that have had sex with women.
    And there are straight men and women who have gay sex, sometimes for money (in the porn industry). Does that have any impact on their sexual orientation?


    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Now, maybe I'm just a spoilsport because I was taught from an early age that homosexuality isn't normal or natural.
    Nah, that just makes you ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Maybe that kept me from exploring the joys of sweet man-love. Whatever. I'm choosing not to do so in the future, either.
    Again: can you change your sexual orientation? You keep talking about having gay sex. That's not the same thing as desiring gay sex (which is what homosexual orientation is).

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    But you can explore all the man-love you want if you don't already. And I'll even support your right to marry someone you feel man-love for. Just go to a state where it is legal and I'll throw a little rice on you and your husband while you go across the threshold.
    Thanks, but I'd rather stick to banging chicks. I already have the one penis. Seeking out access to more just seems greedy.

  2. #1112
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,568
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Incest existed in numerous cultures over time, too and that doesn't mean they should be part of the norm in our society. I disagree about when civil unions became rejected. I think you're buying the propaganda instead of the truth. Here, get it from the horse's mouth.

    Gays Against Gay Marriage | Just another WordPress.com weblog
    LOL Oh yeah, I am really going to believe a blog-site claiming to be published by a gay (male? female?) when the "about" section only shows "Self-explanatory. Follow us on Twitter @gayvmarriage"

    You are grasping at straws. I've been following this issue almost from it's inception, as I have been following many civil rights and liberty issues as they arise. I stand by my remarks that there was wide-spread support in the gay community for civil unions until it was determined that such unions did not protect survivor benefits, nor rights in the event of injury leading to hospitalization, nor most other rights married couples take for granted.

    As for your incest reference...sheesh! The original issue was your claim marriage is a natural right solely benefiting opposite sex couples supported by the majority of people throughout history, which therefore means homosexual couples are seeking "special rights" when they ask to be allowed to marry. I accept that you maintain that point and we disagree. It's clear nothing is going to change your mind even were every State in the Union to legalize same-sex marriage.

    There's no point arguing with you, your mind is effectively closed. I have no problem with that, you are entitled to your opinion.

  3. #1113
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    LOL Oh yeah, I am really going to believe a blog-site claiming to be published by a gay (male? female?) when the "about" section only shows "Self-explanatory. Follow us on Twitter @gayvmarriage"

    You are grasping at straws. I've been following this issue almost from it's inception, as I have been following many civil rights and liberty issues as they arise. I stand by my remarks that there was wide-spread support in the gay community for civil unions until it was determined that such unions did not protect survivor benefits, nor rights in the event of injury leading to hospitalization, nor most other rights married couples take for granted.

    As for your incest reference...sheesh! The original issue was your claim marriage is a natural right solely benefiting opposite sex couples supported by the majority of people throughout history, which therefore means homosexual couples are seeking "special rights" when they ask to be allowed to marry. I accept that you maintain that point and we disagree. It's clear nothing is going to change your mind even were every State in the Union to legalize same-sex marriage.

    There's no point arguing with you, your mind is effectively closed. I have no problem with that, you are entitled to your opinion.
    Seems we've both made our minds up and that's OK with me, too. I don't have a problem with you having a different opinion than mine, either.

  4. #1114
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    What is sad is that you want to try to elevate homosexuality to a suspect class even though it is entirely defined by behavior. Maybe you'd be happier with "fishermen", "water skiers" or "mountain climbers". They are entirely defined by their behavior, too. Maybe they should get special rights, too.
    If this is how you want to argue, that homosexuals are NOT discriminated against as a class, and that their characteristics are equivalent to a hobby, and to continue to build straw men....that is fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1115
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If this is how you want to argue, that homosexuals are NOT discriminated against as a class, and that their characteristics are equivalent to a hobby, and to continue to build straw men....that is fine with me.
    You didn't like it when I used incest and pedophiles as alternative examples of groups defined entirely by their behavior just like homosexuals are defined entirely by their behavior.

    But it is a fact that people can be discriminated against based on their behavior. Would you patronize a bar or restaurant owned by a white supremacist? They're another group defined entirely by their behavior.

  6. #1116
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You didn't like it when I used incest and pedophiles as alternative examples of groups defined entirely by their behavior just like homosexuals are defined entirely by their behavior.

    But it is a fact that people can be discriminated against based on their behavior. Would you patronize a bar or restaurant owned by a white supremacist? They're another group defined entirely by their behavior.
    Ah, this explains a lot. You literally don't know what sexual orientation is. Orientation has nothing to do with behavior. It's entirely a function of desire.

    If you think otherwise, let me ask you this, when did you become heterosexual? Was it the first time you had sex? What were you before you first had sex? Were you bisexual? Sexless? Why did you decide you wanted to have sex with women? What would you call that thought process/desire?

  7. #1117
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What? Followers of religious beliefs are a suspect class. This "it must" is not "false".
    You applied that to the wrong "class".
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #1118
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The part where you are correct about it being irrelevant. I don't get that. The supreme court obviously doesn't get that, either.
    The US SC has not yet made a determination, but the CA and CT SC's have.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1119
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    This thinking would hold more water if any of us ever evinced any control whatsoever over who we're attracted to.
    Most of us have far more control over it than we give ourselves credit for.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #1120
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The US SC has not yet made a determination, but the CA and CT SC's have.
    I don't think that should astonish anyone given that these are two of the most "progressive" state courts in the land.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •