Page 111 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1101
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Maybe his parent's had him reprogrammed.
    There's certainly a programming glitch in there somewhere. At the very least a glitch that prevents him from answering a direct question.

  2. #1102
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    When I said choice, I mean my choice, not yours. You can stick anything you want in your mouth and I won't wait because I don't want to know. It's your chocie. It's your business and if you keep it your business we're all happy for that.
    What bugs me is that if a guy says, "My husband and had a great dinner last night," the response is, "Keep it in the bedroom, buddy!"

    Different guy says, "My wife and I had a great dinner last night," the response is, "Oh, what'd you have?"

    If there is a pervert in the mix, it's the person that immediately pictures sex when it's not the topic of the conversation.

  3. #1103
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Right. Agreed.
    This thinking would hold more water if any of us ever evinced any control whatsoever over who we're attracted to.

  4. #1104
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Nope. I've got that covered. I'll ask again: can you change your sexual orientation?
    You didn't ask me if I could before. You suggested I should. That's not your call. You can if you want, though. But to respond to a stupid question with a not-so-stupid-question. If I've already decided, why should I change my mind? On the other hand, bisexuals seem to change their mind all the time and I know some self-proclaimed hard-core homosexuals that have had sex with women.

    Now, maybe I'm just a spoilsport because I was taught from an early age that homosexuality isn't normal or natural. Maybe that kept me from exploring the joys of sweet man-love. Whatever. I'm choosing not to do so in the future, either. But you can explore all the man-love you want if you don't already. And I'll even support your right to marry someone you feel man-love for. Just go to a state where it is legal and I'll throw a little rice on you and your husband while you go across the threshold.

  5. #1105
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's the problem. That it MIGHT be an immutable characteristic isn't a powerful argument even though it seems to be the central thrust of gay propaganda.
    FFS...I'm not making a argument over whether it is or is not an immutable characteristic...YOU ARE.

    I am saying it is irrelevant, it does not matter since we have protective rights for things that are NOT immutable characteristics, ie religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1106
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    What bugs me is that if a guy says, "My husband and had a great dinner last night," the response is, "Keep it in the bedroom, buddy!"

    Different guy says, "My wife and I had a great dinner last night," the response is, "Oh, what'd you have?"

    If there is a pervert in the mix, it's the person that immediately pictures sex when it's not the topic of the conversation.
    Possibly so..... but I don't hear anyone chastising homosexuals about "keeping it in the bedroom" just for mentioning some day-to-day activity they enjoyed with their partner.

  7. #1107
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS...I'm not making a argument over whether it is or is not an immutable characteristic...YOU ARE.

    I am saying it is irrelevant, it does not matter since we have protective rights for things that are NOT immutable characteristics, ie religion.
    Since we can't prove it is immutable, it's reasonable to assume it is not. As already mentioned to you, religion is a constitution protected right. Homosexual activity is not.

  8. #1108
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Since we can't prove it is immutable, it's reasonable to assume it is not.
    What part of irrelevant do you not get?

    This is a classic example of cognitive dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1109
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Straw, that is not my argument beyond the fact that we have rights for other than IC's.

    Straw again, neither is an IC but both ARE suspect classes since both are groups that are subject to discrimination. That was determined long ago.


    Yes, that is what I am doing, arguing for "child molesters, rapists or robbers" to be considered a suspect class.

    FFS, look at what your argument has been reduced to, your "immutable characteristic" is a shambles and your defense is to create multiple straw men.

    Sad.
    What is sad is that you want to try to elevate homosexuality to a suspect class even though it is entirely defined by behavior. Maybe you'd be happier with "fishermen", "water skiers" or "mountain climbers". They are entirely defined by their behavior, too. Maybe they should get special rights, too.

  10. #1110
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What part of irrelevant do you not get?

    This is a classic example of cognitive dissonance.
    The part where you are correct about it being irrelevant. I don't get that. The supreme court obviously doesn't get that, either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •