Page 108 of 159 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #1071
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not even close to true. It's been noted historically (the old quote attributed to Churchill).

    Then you'd argue wrongly. What you note was already the status quo.
    It is true. Why do you think interracial marriage has become much more acceptable and in general, most of the opposition to such relationships is from older people? Young people for the most part, are much more likely to accept women as equal to men or accept changing gender roles. This does not change as people age.

    You want an example, my own beliefs have been in place about same sex marriage and homosexuality for at least 18 years now, since I was in my mid-teens and old enough to even realize that homosexuals were treated differently for who they loved.

    And that is still social engineering. Just because a group got its way and has maintained it for some time does not mean that it is not maintained via social engineering. The main way it is done in connection with same sex relationships/homosexuality opposition is through religions. Slowly though younger generations are rethinking their beliefs and accepting that perhaps those who taught them those things were wrong.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #1072
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, asking for liberty while endorsing that the government just effectively took away the will of the people. Good move.
    The will of the german people was to kill jews.

  3. #1073
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    All that would make so much sense if I hadn't heard every last bit of it before, as has my mother when she was young, my grandparents and going all the way back. Young people think everything is new and they like change, that a given. Also a given, MOST of them grow up and head right on back to the values their parents taught them.

  4. #1074
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    The will of the german people was to kill jews.
    and you call your argument done with a modified Godwin's - good job!

  5. #1075
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Most people in the past did not see interracial couples living together as a valid relationship or marriage and wanted them prevented, particularly in the South.
    And because of that history, it's no surprise that homosexuals are trying to position themselves as a "race". If they can successfully convince people that their sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic like race, then they have a good legal argument for getting whatever they want up to and including affirmative action.

  6. #1076
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Here you exhibit typical ideologue fantasizing.

    You present the poll question that validates precisely what I stated, that 63% oppose the word "marriage" applying to SS couples, and that if given a choice between "marriage" or "no recognition" 55-57% support "marriage" (as the general poll in the link stated) but if you allow state recognition without the word "marriage", "marriage" support drops to 37% and opposition to recognition also drops to 25%, meaning that then recognition support jumps from 55-57% to a whopping 70%! This clearly proves that SS activists' best chances for success in winning public support for state recognition in the remaining great majority of states -- where there are already state constitutional amendments stating that "marriage is only between a man and a woman as husband and wife" -- is to enact civil union domestic partnership statutes for SS couples and call them homarriage or the like.

    But then you just pretend that's not the obviously presented case!

    Instead you then you just deny the obvious realities with "Nuh uh, no it's not, it's not, it's not, it's not!!!" in true ideologue disconnect from reality fashion.

    So here's a reality check for you: only liberal run states are going to allow the ludicrous oxymoronic SS "marriage".

    The rest of the states are run by centrists and conservatives, together comprising the vast majority of Americans.

    These people aren't susceptible to the brainwashing of SS activists' employment of repetitive mantra oxymoronic chanting.

    And, that's reflected in this poll.

    Only big-city liberals support the oxymorons, and that demographic is essentially all used up now.

    Facing reality is really for the best, and, as the statistics show, that means facing the reality that the states with constitutional amendments banning SS "marriage", many requiring a two-thirds majority to change their constitution, well, it simply ain't gonna happen.

    I've tried to show you how "homarriage" opens the door to getting what you really and initially wanted: state recognition of SS relationships all across America.

    But you SS activists are so oppositionally defiant about stealing what from a foundational definitive propriety appeal simply does not belong to you that you uttterly fail to see the reasonableness of my recommendation.

    But, that's the legacy ideologues always leave: unresonable oppositional defiance and fantasy denial of obvious realities.
    I did not figure you would admit to your lies. Even when faced with numbers, you keep repeating the same lies. Much like the homosexuality is a birth defect thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #1077
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    And because of that history, it's no surprise that homosexuals are trying to position themselves as a "race". If they can successfully convince people that their sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic like race, then they have a good legal argument for getting whatever they want up to and including affirmative action.
    I'm sorry...is religion an "immutable characteristic"?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not figure you would admit to your lies. Even when faced with numbers, you keep repeating the same lies. Much like the homosexuality is a birth defect thing.
    Your erroneous ad hominem is simply that.

    That you call relevant facts "lies" simply because your ideology doesn't like these relevant facts is about you, not about me.

    You'd do well to ditch your pre-conceived ideology, as it's doing you a disservice.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  9. #1079
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I've no conflict with any of that. I don't see homosexual marriage as an equal rights issue. It is a special rights issue. Homosexuals have always been able to get married. Just ask former New Joisey governor Jim McGreevey. It's the fact that homosexuals are treated just like everyone else that is actually the problem for them here. They don't want to marry someone of the opposite sex like everyone else has always done. They want something different. Something special to them. It's not about equal rights at all.
    So the foundation for your "special rights" objection is that they are seeking to marry someone of the same sex? Your basis is that opposite sex marriage is some sort of "natural right" and because thats what everyone else "has always done?"

    Well if your basis for this belief is solely because its what "everyone else has always done," but same-sex does not have a similar basis in history then you would be factually incorrect.

    Historical records show that same-sex unions were a part of Ancient Egyptian culture, Ancient Mesopotamian culture, Ancient and Medieval Chinese and South Asian cultures, Ancient Greek and Roman culture, and even Medieval Roman culture, as well as among many tribal groups in North and South America. Currently, the following Modern Western nations allow it legally; Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, and is scheduled to become legal in Uruguay and New Zealand in August of this year. Bills allowing it are pending in Andorra, England and Wales, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Nepal, Scotland, and Taiwan; as well as several more States in the USA.

    In the USA it is currently legal in: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, the District of Columbia and five Native American tribes (Coquille, Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians, Santa Ysabel Tribe, and Suquamish).

    Furthermore, the following religious groups currently support and/or perform same-sex marriage ceremonies: Quakers, U.S. Episcopalians, the Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church of Christ, the United Church of Canada, Buddhism in Australia, Reform and Conservative Jews, Wiccans, Druids, Unitarian Universalists, and Native American religions with a two-spirit tradition, as well as various progressive and modern Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and Jewish groups and various minor religions and other denominations.

    So, both historically and in current international and State jurisdictions same-sex marriage is not a special right because "everyone has been doing it and is still doing it" today.
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 06-27-13 at 03:36 PM.

  10. #1080
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    and you call your argument done with a modified Godwin's - good job!
    Thanks


    Just pointing out the will of the people is sometimes despotic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •