Page 10 of 159 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1585

Thread: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is/was no federal law that granted interracial marriage, marriage to prison inmates, or marriage to those who were behind on child support either.

    And Congress wrote/passed an unconstitutional act because it violates equal protection and full faith and credit.
    Guess what? those were all STATE LAWS...... In what states is homosexual marriage illegal? NONE...

    Lets not forget DOMA....

  2. #92
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    No, what I posted was that was what is desired...
    That is the reason that they deserve marriage. They cannot get the benefits offered by marriage only because of their relative genders. That is a violation of the EPC of the 14th because the state cannot give a legitimate reason as to why this restriction based on sex/gender furthers a legitimate state interest.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I take it you're placing me on ignore...
    How can I call you on your bs if you're on ignore?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #94
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only to homosexuals.
    What is the thread about, and how would there be a debate without some disagreement?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like anything else you have to show just cause. Sister is easy, as the relationship is too familiar, both in terms of family dynamics and children. Cousins often can and do marry.
    Who the hell are you to say two loving and willing people cant marry???

    Sounds familiar to your argument right?

    I suppose it is a different story when you have an opinion on marriage?

  6. #96
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Guess what? those were all STATE LAWS...... In what states is homosexual marriage illegal? NONE...

    Lets not forget DOMA....
    None. Same sex marriage is illegal, which puts it at a greater level of scrutiny for the states to defend their position on it furthering a state interest.

    And DOMA violates many Amendments/rights, for much the same reasons that the state anti-same sex marriage laws do.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #97
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    How can I call you on your bs if you're on ignore?
    You can't. I don't answer the phone. That's why we have caller ID and voice mail...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They can't marry. They can't do what heterosexuals are allowed to do.
    Really???

    You do realize marriage is nothing more than a civil contract right?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Yes, definitions change all the time. It is part of our language. No US laws prevent definitions of words from changing, even if that means the majority doesn't approve of the change.
    Then call your relationship a marriage. Just don't expect me to recognize it as such. Because THAT is not your right.

  10. #100
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Awaiting the Supreme Court's gay marriage decisions [W:641]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    None. Same sex marriage is illegal, which puts it at a greater level of scrutiny for the states to defend their position on it furthering a state interest.

    And DOMA violates many Amendments/rights, for much the same reasons that the state anti-same sex marriage laws do.
    if were are looking at DOMA itself...no it does not.


    Article. IV.

    Section. 1.

    Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Page 10 of 159 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •