Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

  1. #21
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    False premise, the unions did not "bring down" the US auto industry, they make less than auto workers in Germany and less than US workers in foreign owned US auto plants.
    So many lies...

  2. #22
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So many lies...
    If you are editing this...I'll wait....just let me know when you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #23
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Kevyn Orr, the city mgr, is a republican appointee

    And it seems he has a penchant for not paying debts







    City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com



    That's what got him hired.

    The governor wanted an experienced welcher.

  4. #24
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh, the mayor of Detroit (02-08) is responsible for the industrial decline of the city.....wow.....
    High Taxes, Oppressive Unions, Urban Blight, Profligate Public Spending... who wouldn't want to start a business there?!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Really? How did the unions stop innovative modern design...say...in the early 70's....when we had the gas crises and the rise of below cost imports into the US?
    The Auto Workers Unions brought down the American auto industry the exact same way that municipal unions throw city and local governments into the massive debt ditch.

    Can you imagine if Municipal governments had to compete ?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh, the mayor of Detroit (02-08) is responsible for the industrial decline of the city.....wow.....
    He's a fine example of the cancer that is Democrat municipal government !!!! There's more where that jackass came from !!!

  7. #27
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That's what got him hired.

    The governor wanted an experienced welcher.
    You can't pay debt with pocket lint.

    Detroit - like California - is like this massive mirror staring liberals right in the face. Yet, they choose to just close the door and refuse to ever walk into that room in the house ever again.

    It is unavoidable unless you change policy direction entirely.

    Greece, Spain, Portugal........are we really even paying proper attention?

  8. #28
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    False premise, the unions did not "bring down" the US auto industry, they make less than auto workers in Germany and less than US workers in foreign owned US auto plants.

    I'm sorry...how do you spell her name? Dumb...indeed.





    Big-time conservatives don't have time to waste trying to spell fancy, French names correctly.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    High Taxes, Oppressive Unions, Urban Blight, Profligate Public Spending... who wouldn't want to start a business there?!
    From Kilpatrick? Oh, you are just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

    After all, we know too that unions ruined the US steel industry.....they are to blame for EVERYTHING....ER!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Emergency manager: Detroit won't pay $2.5B it owes

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The Auto Workers Unions brought down the American auto industry the exact same way that municipal unions throw city and local governments into the massive debt ditch.

    Can you imagine if Municipal governments had to compete ?
    I see you have brought nothing to support your previous claim that unions prevented the Big 3 from modernizing their designs.

    All you have is empty rhetoric shifting to city govt workers causing lower city revenues.

    Next up: Soup Kitchens Caused the Great Depression!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •