Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 401

Thread: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

  1. #221
    Guru
    Fallenangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Israel/Russia/UK
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hw do you feel about this, Fallen? (not the photos!) Russian Army to become a Muslim-Majority Army by 2015-2020.
    I don't particularly trust whatever stats Rawil can provide.

    However, he is right regarding few things (and i added a few things myself);
    a. Russian population is shrinking in size - the slow growth rate that was seen in the past few years is mostly produced by immigrants and foreign workers and their families coming from ex-Soviet Union republics.
    b. Russians that live in the big cities do not want to serve in the army as it considered a non prestigious job - a lot of the soldiers come from poorer rural families and from ex-Soviet republics. These days the Russian authorities are supposedly trying to reform the army - without any major achievements yet.
    c. The numbers of Russian Muslims are growing due to the higher birth rates and constant influx of foreign workers/immigrants.
    d. The Russian traditional Muslims are gradually being radicalized as a result of inner tensions and foreign influence.

    The worst part of it all is that current Russian dysfunctional and corrupt social model can not adequately respond to those changes, instead they are often being ignored or disregarded as "natural" or necessary changes in society.
    To sum up, I don't think that the Russian army would become Muslim in 2-3 years from now, the changes are fast but not that fast.
    However, Russia is indeed fading away as a country/nation, culturally and socially for years now, and no one yet was able to stop that degradation.

    Cheers,
    Fallen.
    Click me > My Artsy Stuff

    "You’ve got one life, there’s no save-point and you’re going to die. Go out like a ****ing man!" - Brad Rigney

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So Obama does what Republicans kept wanting, and now he's full of hot air? That makes no sense.
    It's that catch22 that they have walked themselves into. The elephant in the room is that it's painfully obvious that the chem/bio weapons charges against Assad have been invented in order to justify increasing US involvement. But nobody wants to discuss that in depth because it's just too obviously a losing argument for the pro-war side.

    It was a gamble to go with the charge in the first place because the last we heard from the UN's Carla Del Ponte was that the evidence was leaning toward the terrorists being guilty of chem/bio weapons use. It makes it a doubly huge gamble when it now becomes quite possible that the rest of the world is going to have to either stay in abstention or side with Russia/China.

    Blame Obama, because Obama had the momentum and he dragged his feet in going to the aid of the Zionist side in this thing. Syria is, after all, only a stepping stone to the Zionist's ambitions for war with Iran.

    And so, your words have again highlighted the catch22 problem in the US.

  3. #223
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Zionist's ambitions
    zieg heil!

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Absolutely. It's Muslim killing Muslim but Islamists, and the Leftists, will blame Americans for these ongoing killings, just as they did in Iraq.

    It seems that the West looks at these countries as having defined borders whereas many Arabs, and Muslims, don't quite see it that way. That's most evident when they say they want Jews off "our land". It's best to avoid involvement, keep Israel safe, and wait until the sand settles.
    The Middle East and North Africa have always been very tribal. It was Great Britain and France who established the boundaries in the Middle East and along with Spain in North Africa. So when these countries that were actually formed by Europeans gained their independence it always took a strong dictatorial type ruler to run these countries and keep things calm and peaceful.

    Look at Libya today, it's beyond being a basket case, it's more than the wild wild west. It seems to be breaking down to three seperat countries. I was wondering where were the Berbers when Obama was creating a Hell hole ?

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    zieg heil!
    And that's bordering on a personal insult. I'll let it go this time but not if you decide to escalate your bad behaviour toward me. Now I suggest you just let it go and save us both a lot of trouble.

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    the chem/bio weapons charges against Assad have been invented
    Syria's Assad used chemical weapons, says White House - World - CBC News

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The Middle East and North Africa have always been very tribal. It was Great Britain and France who established the boundaries in the Middle East and along with Spain in North Africa. So when these countries that were actually formed by Europeans gained their independence it always took a strong dictatorial type ruler to run these countries and keep things calm and peaceful.

    Look at Libya today, it's beyond being a basket case, it's more than the wild wild west. It seems to be breaking down to three seperat countries. I was wondering where were the Berbers when Obama was creating a Hell hole ?
    There was a period of time before US involvement on a large scale that the ME was relatively peaceful. That was due to an opposing super power that had equal interests in the ME's oil resources. But since the fall of the S.U. the whole game has changed.

    On the brighter side, the game could be on the verge of changing again with the US coming to a realization that supporting the Zionist agenda is causing most of the problems for the US itself.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    a realization that supporting the Zionist agenda is causing most of the problems for the US itself
    LOL!

    tell it to the new NSA DIRECTOR, susan rice

    Syria chemical weapons: President Obama's forced hand - POLITICO.com

    straight outta the protocols

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    There was a period of time before US involvement on a large scale that the ME was relatively peaceful. That was due to an opposing super power that had equal interests in the ME's oil resources. But since the fall of the S.U. the whole game has changed.

    On the brighter side, the game could be on the verge of changing again with the US coming to a realization that supporting the Zionist agenda is causing most of the problems for the US itself.
    Lets blame it on the French. The Madagascar Program was probably the way to go.

    It's funny, I PM one of the mods awhile back on why I can't participate on any of the threads that are on the Middle East forum because I would eventualy would violate the ME forum rules. Just that one sentance above would technically be a violation of the ME forum rules.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: US will supply military weapons to the Syrian rebels.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Lets blame it on the French. The Madagascar Program was probably the way to go.

    It's funny, I PM one of the mods awhile back on why I can't participate on any of the threads that are on the Middle East forum because I would eventualy would violate the ME forum rules. Just that one sentance above would technically be a violation of the ME forum rules.
    I have no idea of what you are talking about when you mention this forum's rules. And it's not my place to get involved with that unless if happens to infringe on what I consider my rights in keeping with acceptable behaviour. You could p.m. me if you think it's an issue I need to know about.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •