Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 576

Thread: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

  1. #521
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well Joe, you seem to be starting out with an either/or fallacy here. I know you are a person that believes that there are more choices in a particular argument, than my way, or your way right?

    And as I have told you before, your proclamation that 'you have to study the source I used further to determine it's potential bias' is 1. - arrogant, and 2. - not your place to determine, and impose on the discussion. If you don't like a source I presented, then counter it with what you think is better information on the subject my source uses, and I can have the opportunity to judge both side by side. However, this tactic of yours to attack sources as not accepted by you, so therefore is invalid, is just silly.

    The question I asked you was intended to calmly, civilly have you as a progressive liberal show me why I should accept UHC, even though the sides are drawn, and there is propaganda on both sides of the argument. With this particular discussion so far you have offered your sources as pure truth, and dismissed mine out of hand arrogantly proclaiming that YOU must asses their validity to use or not, and for good measure throwing in a rather insulting jab at me personally as to YOUR perception of my ability to understand your argument....And you wonder why I don't like 'progressives'???? Really?

    And then as if delivered on a silver platter you launch immediately into some disjointed paragraph about why we can only use sources, or physicians that agree with you to discuss the matter....What you are really saying, boils down to a rather juvenile argument style, that although uses adult language, really just says "I'm right, and you're a doody head".... Weak dude.

    As for the WHO, when they show they can approach things like this clear of an agenda to diminish sovereignty then fine they can offer such....Til then they can take that star wars bar room scene of characters they got there, and pound sand.
    Yes, there is propaganda on both sides. This is true. But WHO factually correct in that we spend more and have less access. Multiple sources show this.

    And I have countered the source, though I didn't actually disqualify it. I said I'd have to look at it further. Haven't really had time to do that yet.

    The facts are really simple. We spent a lot, more than nearly anyone else, and that's before any reform. Nearly all other systems spend less. Our access is poorly conceived in terms or both costs and effectiveness. No one should go to emergency rooms for anything that isn't an emergency, for example. And we attach care to employment, which is foolish when you have to compete with a world that doesn't.

    Now you've been given many links on this. Plenty of them over the years.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #522
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, there is propaganda on both sides. This is true. But WHO factually correct in that we spend more and have less access. Multiple sources show this.

    And I have countered the source, though I didn't actually disqualify it. I said I'd have to look at it further. Haven't really had time to do that yet.

    The facts are really simple. We spent a lot, more than nearly anyone else, and that's before any reform. Nearly all other systems spend less. Our access is poorly conceived in terms or both costs and effectiveness. No one should go to emergency rooms for anything that isn't an emergency, for example. And we attach care to employment, which is foolish when you have to compete with a world that doesn't.

    Now you've been given many links on this. Plenty of them over the years.
    Well, it really isn't going to matter since the disaster Obama, and Pelosi rammed down America's throat is imploding on itself....

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elections.html
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #523
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, it really isn't going to matter since the disaster Obama, and Pelosi rammed down America's throat is imploding on itself....

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elections.html
    That's kind if a leap on your part. But his plan isn't UHC.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #524
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's kind if a leap on your part. But his plan isn't UHC.
    I think that ultimately that was always the plan of what they did....Obama and progressives knew that not only would this current crap be unworkable, but that it would collapse leaving UHC as the only option. But, he also knew that UHC offered in open debate to the people would never pass. So, as lying progressives often do, they lie about their true intent and put things in place to do it anyway.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #525
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think that ultimately that was always the plan of what they did....Obama and progressives knew that not only would this current crap be unworkable, but that it would collapse leaving UHC as the only option. But, he also knew that UHC offered in open debate to the people would never pass. So, as lying progressives often do, they lie about their true intent and put things in place to do it anyway.
    I'm not gifted with mind reading abilities that radical partisan conservatives seem to have, but this is not UHC. That's a fact. Nor has it been sold as that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #526
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not gifted with mind reading abilities that radical partisan conservatives seem to have, but this is not UHC. That's a fact. Nor has it been sold as that.
    That's not what I said, you should really try and not misrepresent others.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #527
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's kind if a leap on your part. But his plan isn't UHC.
    True. It's a BFD according to Papa Joe except he got what the last letter meant wrong.
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  8. #528
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    True. It's a BFD according to Papa Joe except he got what the last letter meant wrong.
    Not exactly sure what you're talking about. But we agree it isn't UHC. If we were serious, we'd have a honest discussion concerning reforming to UHC. Likely a two tiered single payer system.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's not what I said, you should really try and not misrepresent others.
    No, you clearly imply you read minds.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #530
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you clearly imply you read minds.
    No, I neither inferred, nor implied anything. That is your problem, injecting into what I write what you want to see.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •