Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 576

Thread: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

  1. #471
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't make bet's with people that have displayed a propensity for less than genuine intent. But, I never said the 'sky would fall' that is your strawman. And just so you hopefully get this through this time, you Joe, are not the arbiter of what is credible, or not in terms of news sources. So, you'll excuse me if I don't give a tinkers damn what you think about news sourcing that disagrees with your disingenuous push for UHC, or your semantic gymnastics in furthering your misrepresentation of my position.
    You know j, in college they teach to evaluate sources. They do this not so anyone can be arbiter, but so that everyone would know and understand sources are not created equal. Those who throw around silly comments like "your not arbiter" are merely trying to avoid assess their poor source.

    And for my push to be disingenuous, I would have to not want UHC. As I do want it, it can't be disingenuous. You don't like people to disagree with j. I get that. You want silly sources accept as if they were valid. I get that. But you spend too much time focusing on me than the point. We will adjust to reform. Doctors won't leave the profession in significant numbers. And yes you are doing the sky is falling bit. It won't fall.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 06-25-13 at 06:30 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #472
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    They have also reported on the total number estimated to get insurance after the ACA. They don't just address the finances, granted that's their main focus and purpose. Again, something you can't learn by simply reading the bill.

    And do you care to show me something you learned from reading that bill that I couldn't easily learn by researching it or reading the summary? What would I be missing out on exactly?
    As I stated before, the simple bills don't require much reading, and likely a summary would suffice. But there is a huge difference between this bill, and the ACA. Just a wee bit, mind you.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  3. #473
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    As I stated before, the simple bills don't require much reading, and likely a summary would suffice. But there is a huge difference between this bill, and the ACA. Just a wee bit, mind you.
    You forgot to state that that was merely opinion on your part.

    So you're basic argument boils down to, you probably don't have to read the bill, unless you say that you do? I'm not sure how I ever got by without that pearl of wisdom...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #474
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You forgot to state that that was merely opinion on your part.

    So you're basic argument boils down to, you probably don't have to read the bill, unless you say that you do? I'm not sure how I ever got by without that pearl of wisdom...
    But it isn't opinion on my part. Simple fact being:

    Read the fly leaf on the book "War and Peace"
    Read the book "War and Peace'

    Read the flyleaf on "Herman's Great Adventure"
    Read the book "Herman's Great Adventure"

    Does the difference make it's self known?
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  5. #475
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You know j, in college they teach to evaluate sources. They do this not so anyone can be arbiter, but so that everyone would know and understand sources are not created equal. Those who throw around silly comments like "your not arbiter" are merely trying to avoid assess their poor source.

    And for my push to be disingenuous, I would have to not want UHC. As I do want it, it can't be disingenuous. You don't like people to disagree with j. I get that. You want silly sources accept as if they were valid. I get that. But you spend too much time focusing on me than the point. We will adjust to reform. Doctors won't leave the profession in significant numbers. And yes you are doing the sky is falling bit. It won't fall.

    Wow, you even came back to edit it...I must have touched a nerve...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #476
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,049

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    But it isn't opinion on my part. Simple fact being:

    Read the fly leaf on the book "War and Peace"
    Read the book "War and Peace'

    Read the flyleaf on "Herman's Great Adventure"
    Read the book "Herman's Great Adventure"

    Does the difference make it's self known?
    Those are works of art, they are literature, completely different from a piece of legislation. I can't help you understand a piece of art without you reading it or showing it to you, but I can present you with a sheet or two of information that accurately describes the details of a mortgage.

    Again, you miss the mark. Wildly might I add.

    And yes, your comment that small bills don't require much reading to understand is pure opinion. It's nothing but opinion. It's not wrong simply because it's an opinion, but an opinion it remains none the less. Maybe the problem is you don't understand what an opinion is?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow, you even came back to edit it...I must have touched a nerve...
    No, just trying to help you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #478
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, just trying to help you.
    Save it, you'll never convince me that I need a nanny state to help in anything.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #479
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Save it, you'll never convince me that I need a nanny state to help in anything.
    Not until you need care you can't get. :coffepap

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #480
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Obamacare: Is a $2,000 deductible 'affordable?'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Those are works of art, they are literature, completely different from a piece of legislation. I can't help you understand a piece of art without you reading it or showing it to you, but I can present you with a sheet or two of information that accurately describes the details of a mortgage.

    Again, you miss the mark. Wildly might I add.

    And yes, your comment that small bills don't require much reading to understand is pure opinion. It's nothing but opinion. It's not wrong simply because it's an opinion, but an opinion it remains none the less. Maybe the problem is you don't understand what an opinion is?
    Actually, your previous posts were intelligent, if a little misguided IMO. This one, well, slides close to the edge.

    Sorry, if one can't differentiate between the importance of a small bill, and the importance of the ACA, then there isn't much I can do to help.

    Have a good night.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •